July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Dublin a couple of weekends ago with a friend. It was very expensive. With £1 being now only 1 euro we found it even more expensive than the UK for drinks and food, unless you want to live on McDonalds or other fast food. I think we both spent about £300 in 2days/nights - knock off admission fees and travel, it was still about £200 for food and drink. Little change out of 20 euro for 2 drinks if drinking spirits with mixers. Best bet is to get a 3 day freedom pass from the tourist inofrmation at the airport for travel.

Either way Dublin is a very expensive city and I`m sure they will put the prices up over that weekend to cash in even more.:angry:

Cool! I'll be there from 22/7 to 28/7. Maybe we'll bump into each other!

See you there! At least you will have time to find the shortest walk to Croke :wave: I`m hoping to get there about mid morning on the 27th, check in then go exploring. I`ve a red zone ticket so hopefully I can get so see the band arrive before going in for the show.

I was in Dublin a couple of weekends ago with a friend. It was very expensive. With £1 being now only 1 euro we found it even more expensive than the UK for drinks and food, unless you want to live on McDonalds or other fast food. I think we both spent about £300 in 2days/nights - knock off admission fees and travel, it was still about £200 for food and drink. Little change out of 20 euro for 2 drinks if drinking spirits with mixers. Best bet is to get a 3 day freedom pass from the tourist inofrmation at the airport for travel.

Either way Dublin is a very expensive city and I`m sure they will put the prices up over that weekend to cash in even more.:angry:

I guess there will be a lot of McDonalds, haha.

yeah noticed that back in 2005- not with food so much but prices of cd's & books- think we only had meals at the hotel- not enough time for anything else. But with the pound/euro more or less 1 for 1 it will be even worst this time round- I wonder whether it's better to concert ££ to US dollars and then back to euros??

although am not a huge fan of McD's am prepared to slum it for a few days if it's a bit cheaper

No, you were fine. I didn't take it that way at all. I just feel like since I put it as my sig people might get mad at me because I got that many shows. I only bought my ticket for the US shows and my friend bought her's seperatley. I just thought I would explain it.

ok :lol:

I'm going shopping at the grocery store. Buy a week supply of bread and cheese and just cook meals at my hostel (Barnacles).[thank God they have an oven and stove]

I just want to be there. Don't care what's in my stomach as long as something is.

and I'll be buying 12 packs of beer at the Grocery so when I decide to go out, I'll drink 2 beers in my room before I hit the pub to save $$.

I get complimentary breakfast at the hotel I'm staying at. So that covers one meal for me.

God, I don't have anything booked yet.No hotel no flight. I don't even know if I will be flying to Dublin just for the show or I'll be staying there for the whole week. I really have to make a move:crack:

Browns Hostel & Hotel has some really bad reviews but its one of the cheapest hostels and only about a 10 min walk to Croke. I`m in an ensuite hotel room so hoping it is not too grotty but its only for one night and still cost me £65!!:sad:

God, I don't have anything booked yet.No hotel no flight. I don't even know if I will be flying to Dublin just for the show or I'll be staying there for the whole week. I really have to make a move:crack:

:wave:

I'd get the hotel sorted as quickly as possible, at least to cover the show nights which will get full pretty quickly (nights either side of the shows won't be a problem). Flights are generally easily available but don't delay on the hotel front :D

You should get started on that asap.

Browns Hostel & Hotel has some really bad reviews but its one of the cheapest hostels and only about a 10 min walk to Croke. I`m in an ensuite hotel room so hoping it is not too grotty but its only for one night and still cost me £65!!:sad:

Wouldn't worry too much about it, only for one night and you will be so buzzing after the show you probably won't even notice :D

Hah! I'm in a 20 ppl hostel room. Wish me luck! :crack:

:tongue: Irish people not drinking Guinness are crazy.

Irish people who drink Guinness are fake Irish. The same with irish people who wear green on Paddy's day. If people do that they're Americans who think they're Irish.

Irish stereotypes should all die, starting with the stereotype that we drink Guinness, dear god we're above that now, they don't sell Guinness at cafés so it ain't for the Irish :wink:

Irish people who drink Guinness are fake Irish. The same with irish people who wear green on Paddy's day. If people do that they're Americans who think they're Irish.

Irish stereotypes should all die, starting with the stereotype that we drink Guinness, dear god we're above that now, they don't sell Guinness at cafés so it ain't for the Irish :wink:

So what beer do you drink then?:wink: Murphy's? Heineken?

What kind of beer do real Irish people drink

So what beer do you drink then?:wink: Murphy's? Heineken?

Maybe I don't really drink beer, I'm a phail of an Irishman

And real Irish people rarely drink beer, most Irish people spend the days in overly posh coffee houses drinking the worst drink in existence since Guinness...coffee :sad:

And for anyone who comes here you're not gonna find many Irish people in bars, ever since the smoking ban bars have been closing down everywhere, everyone is staying in now to drink

:wave:

I'd get the hotel sorted as quickly as possible, at least to cover the show nights which will get full pretty quickly (nights either side of the shows won't be a problem). Flights are generally easily available but don't delay on the hotel front :D

so, looks like it's going to be Isaacs Hostel. The cheapest I've found. Don't care about anything else. 76 euros for 3 nights around the gig date...in 8 bed dorm...doesn't matter to me

Maybe I don't really drink beer, I'm a phail of an Irishman

And real Irish people rarely drink beer, most Irish people spend the days in overly posh coffee houses drinking the worst drink in existence since Guinness...coffee :sad:

And for anyone who comes here you're not gonna find many Irish people in bars, ever since the smoking ban bars have been closing down everywhere, everyone is staying in now to drink

LOL
I love guinness and coffee- i guess ill fit right in- and i quit smoking 10 years ago, so im loving the smoking ban, i may just have to extend my trip-
im sure you are right and no irishmen drink guinness or beer anymore!
they have probably given up oxygen as well i suspect

Hi

Hey everyone

I'm going to the gig on the 24th and can't wait. Just so excited :applaud: My family and friends are fed up hearing me go on and on about it and wish i'd shut the feck up already.

Anyways, booked hotel before the i got tix, then got the tix and booked the flights so am all sorted out and ready for that GA line :cool::dancing:

Then, see the lads perform and have a good mosh around.....feckin deadly lads :rockon:

And I can have a good drool and perv over Adam :evil::flirt::drool:

I look forward to seeing you there :wave:

Hi guys I have read on U2's offical webiste that there's a fan gathering for Dublin fans before and after the concerts at CAFE EN SEINE 39 Dawson Street just off Grafton Street if anyones interested :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom