July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Discussion Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time I went to Ireland, I did not have a converter and I came close to burning out my hairdryer. The smell was not nice. The second time I traveled overseas, I purchased a converter and did not have a problem with it. My converter is the size of an Ivory soap bar, which is not big at all. Check with your hotel, they may have the items available for you to use and can save you the cost of purchasing them.

Thanks!

didnt someone say last our no one really lined up in dublin until just before the doors opened?
think we could get in by showing up at 6pm or so for the saturday show?
im doing red zone for first night, and i dont want to waste the day standing in line on saturday

didnt someone say last our no one really lined up in dublin until just before the doors opened?
im doing red zone for first night, and i dont want to waste the day standing in line on saturday

On the last tour, I had seats and got in after gates open, only the pit was full (or nearly full at that point) no one was on the pitch, can't be sure about this time around

Me too. I want to be up front especially for the 2nd show.

I don't know about this whole camping out thing. I heard that there are over 300 people already in line in Barcelona.

The good part of no lottery is that if we all get in line together, we all can see the show together. We wouldn't get split up if someone scans into the ellipse and the rest don't.

The good part of no lottery is that if we all get in line together, we all can see the show together. We wouldn't get split up if someone scans into the ellipse and the rest don't.

yes! this makes me very happy! And that is the main point of this is to enjoy with other u2 maniacs such as ourselves! Only way to go IMO.

I think someone who is familiar with the pubs in the Temple Bar district should make the call on where to meet.

I'm just chiming in--depending on how many of us are planning to meetup...it may be better to start somewhere like Oliver St John's....the bar is several levels high so we wont likely be as squished. THE Temple Bar is two doors down too so we can trickle there but it isn't as large a bar.

I was at 2 of the shows last time round in croke park in 2005, first night was seated tickets at the back, saturday we had standing tickets. Myself and my mate deceided to get there early to make sure we got into the pit, we joined the queue at 10am i think, and we made it comfortably into the pit but the experience was 1000% better than that of the night before simply because i was so close to the stage.

I will be driving down from the north on the thursday afternoon with a friend and we plan to get up at a similar time (10-11am) for both the friday and saturday shows to ensure we get in for sure, i would also love to join up with some of you guys as a group of us could create much more excitement than just the 2 of us.
I was also thinking of bringing a pack of playing cards to help pass the time.

I was at 2 of the shows last time round in croke park in 2005, first night was seated tickets at the back, saturday we had standing tickets. Myself and my mate deceided to get there early to make sure we got into the pit, we joined the queue at 10am i think, and we made it comfortably into the pit but the experience was 1000% better than that of the night before simply because i was so close to the stage.

I will be driving down from the north on the thursday afternoon with a friend and we plan to get up at a similar time (10-11am) for both the friday and saturday shows to ensure we get in for sure, i would also love to join up with some of you guys as a group of us could create much more excitement than just the 2 of us.
I was also thinking of bringing a pack of playing cards to help pass the time.

playing cards is a good idea, or some kind of card game like Uno.

What's parking like arond Croke? Where are you planning to park if coming in from the northside? Just curious. I'm staying with folks outside of Dublin & we're driving in but not sure what they plan to do as far as parking. I just don't want to park and have to walk real far to get in to the Park.

Also the kebab/falafel place open late on Dame St. sounds delicious! :drool:

Paging all Canadians

Another solo traveller from west coast of Canada...Arrive Dublin, Tues. 21 at 8:30 a.m....Will be looking for a pint of the dark stuff at 8:31.....1st timer for a Dublin show...Can't wait ...Any other Canadians out there?...Any other solo travellers want to get together?....Where are the meeting spots?...Looking forward to much good cheer and fellowship with the Interference community...again...(haved missed all since Vertigo Hawai'i).

I'm also travelling by myself to Dublin, going to the show on the 25th July and first time to Dublin. I was planning on getting to the stadium between 10.30am and 11am, so would be cool to meet up with other fans from this forum.

Scolson - Where abouts in Vancouver Island do you live? I am from London but have spent the past 9 months living and working in Vancouver and travelling around the west coast. Went to Victoria for a day trip, really nice over there.

Aye, the last tour i didnt turn up until well after the gates opened and only inside the pit was full. The pitch was pretty much empty, i think there was about 100 people in total on it. Id say you could still get a pretty good spot turning up at 6, i was on the rail the last time. In fact i know a guy that security for the vertigo tour and he said people were still coming in half way through U2's set. But thats the way it is in Ireland, we wait til the last minute to turn up for everything. Im certainly not gonna be queuing up from the break of dawn to get a spot under Bono's nose, im gonna go to a bar, have a few drinks and enjoy Dublin.

I don't think the GA is going to get crazy like it is in Barcelona right now. It is the first show and it is always like this for the first few shows and then it calms down.

Now that we have the first show done we needto come up with a plan to be in the first 400 in line

I'm just chiming in--depending on how many of us are planning to meetup...it may be better to start somewhere like Oliver St John's....the bar is several levels high so we wont likely be as squished. THE Temple Bar is two doors down too so we can trickle there but it isn't as large a bar.

What time do you think everyone will start meeting up?

playing cards is a good idea, or some kind of card game like Uno.

What's parking like arond Croke? Where are you planning to park if coming in from the northside? Just curious. I'm staying with folks outside of Dublin & we're driving in but not sure what they plan to do as far as parking. I just don't want to park and have to walk real far to get in to the Park.

Also the kebab/falafel place open late on Dame St. sounds delicious! :drool:

I havnt quite worked out where to park, but ive booked into a hostel on the thursday night so i am sure i will get something sorted.

Another solo traveller from west coast of Canada...Arrive Dublin, Tues. 21 at 8:30 a.m....Will be looking for a pint of the dark stuff at 8:31.....1st timer for a Dublin show...Can't wait ...Any other Canadians out there?...Any other solo travellers want to get together?....Where are the meeting spots?...Looking forward to much good cheer and fellowship with the Interference community...again...(haved missed all since Vertigo Hawai'i).

Are you going to the show in vancouver in october, just wondering because i will be in canada in september for a year so i got tickets to the final gig of the tour.

Does anyone reckon that if you hang around by Croke Park stage entrance the boys'll come out and sign things like they did last tour? I wouldn't bother on the day that I'm going to the show (24th) as I'd rather be waiting in the actual queue but if I've seen all the sights in Dublin by the 27th show might it be worth hanging around for a bit on the off-chance?

Also for those talking about inexpensive quick
food....Iskanders on Dame St is the best Medditeranean/kebab/falafel place ever. The best part is that it's open real late too. :drunk:

hmm, kebap:heart:. That's where I'll be probably eating quite often. I'll need to eat in some cheap restaurant cos most of the money's going to be wasted on beer:wink:

I'd be interested in meeting sometimes besides the official gathering...if you like dark stuff maybe a visit to Guinness brewery wouldn't be bad idea...I don't want to go there alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom