July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked flights and a hostel in Dublin....hope I'm not jinxing it...

:reject:

:hyper:

I'm going to try to get 4 tickets and trade 2 I think...

The hotels in Dublin are expensive. Just do the hostel thing....you're just sleeping and/or passing out in there anyways. I stayed at Avalon House both times I went...I got a private room a bath and it was dirt cheap. It was clean and had free breakfast....even though I was never able to drag myself out early enough after discovering Jemmie & Reds the nights before :drunk: . Close to Grafton Street and in walking distance to plenty of pubs. :up:
I would also reccomend a room at Oliver St John Gogarty....it's right next to Temple Bar and was my favorite pub in the Temple Bar District.

ETA: I know that Avalon House just requires a 10% deposit on reservation.

Gee...I think I just may be talking myself into another trip to Dublin.....

I understand. I was not even thinking about doing this, but the more and more I think about it the more I think I should go back and have a good time. :up:

Anyone else surprised that they're only playing Croker one night?

Surprising considering they had three dates last time and it was utterly packed on all three... Fierce competition can be expected for the tickets, looks like I'm staying up all night again :D

Any idea why they're only playing one? Seems like this tour is going to be even bigger than Vertigo so it doesn't seem to make much sense...

Just thought I'd point out that I just checked and the same exact flights I booked this morning to Dublin have jumped over £150 in a matter of hours....anyone flying in/booking hotels better do it quickly or pay something ridiculous...:up:

Surprising considering they had three dates last time and it was utterly packed on all three... Fierce competition can be expected for the tickets, looks like I'm staying up all night again :D

Any idea why they're only playing one? Seems like this tour is going to be even bigger than Vertigo so it doesn't seem to make much sense...

Im a little disappointed to be honest. The Dublin shows are the only chance i'll have to see them (Belfast has been left out again), so i was hoping there would be three like its has been rumoured there would be .. im just hoping that they will announce a few more, because if the demand for tickets to a Dublin show on here is anything to go by, its gonna be one hell of a struggle to get tickets

Im a little disappointed to be honest. The Dublin shows are the only chance i'll have to see them (Belfast has been left out again), so i was hoping there would be three like its has been rumoured there would be .. im just hoping that they will announce a few more, because if the demand for tickets to a Dublin show on here is anything to go by, its gonna be one hell of a struggle to get tickets

Am with you there on Belfast being overlooked - AGAIN! Maybe at some point the powers that be will build a decent stadium here!

I think there's bound to be more than one Dublin show though. Just don't expect anything to be announced until the first show sells out. Then a second or even third date can be added 'by popular demand' (the joke of course being that the popular demand will always be there and would appreciate being able to choose different dates in advance). I'm guessing the presale will only be for the 24th July, so anything after that will be a complete free for all.

I checked out of JFk is only $781.82 on Delta and $786.30 on Aer Lingus and there direct. From Philly where I would go from it is $722.58 on Air France and you have to change flights in Paris. I could take the train the NYC and go from there. Thank goodness for my tax return. That is where the money is going to come from for the airline tix.

Try leaving Thursday and coming back that following Monday. I just book those dates from albany and it was 611 r/t, but with my skymiles on delta, it was 265! I booked a room at Trinity College as well. Private ensuite rooms for 75 Euro!

err, i'm going go study in Dublin in July - i'm from Brazil - anyone knows if i can buy the tickets? :reject::reject::reject:

You'd have to buy it on ticketmaster if I'm right.That's what I will do. I'm going to work in Dublin in July so I'm on the same boat as you.

OH so actually i can buy it... i mean, i was afraid that it would be only for US, Canada, UK and Ireland :ohmy:

I just don't know who'd buy me the tickets, I don't have credit card, and no experience in buying tickets online.That's what I'm a bit scared of

I just don't know who'd buy me the tickets, I don't have credit card, and no experience in buying tickets online.That's what I'm a bit scared of

oh gosh :huh::huh: lucky me i've american express (of course is my father credit card) but i don't have the adress of where i'm going to be there... so if they're going o send me the tickets at my house here in Brazil....... :ohmy::ohmy:

oh gosh :huh::huh: lucky me i've american express (of course is my father credit card) but i don't have the adress of where i'm going to be there... so if they're going o send me the tickets at my house here in Brazil....... :ohmy::ohmy:

I think that when you order it online they'll send it to you via e-mail.... and there's still another option to buy it in Dublin, few days before the gig for 300 euros:D:wink:

I think that when you order it online they'll send it to you via e-mail.... and there's still another option to buy it in Dublin, few days before the gig for 300 euros:D:wink:

:giggle: no thanks. i just spend like R$130.00 to upgrade my account at U2.com just to get the presale :lol::lol: i just hope to get it...

They could always do a repeat of Popmart and play Botanic Gardens or Ormeau Park (i think thats what you call it, im not overly familiar with Belfast) like the Killers

Yeah, it was Botanic Gardens in 1997. But not this time, since the tour is only going to be in stadiums, not open sites. Oh well, Dublin's only a two hour drive for me. I've got a hotel booked, now for tickets...!

i'm debating about leaving dublin on the 28th vs 29th. I really dont want to miss the 3rd rumored gig. But i also really would like to conserve that extra of vacation time for later in the fall.

Anyone know what date is more likely for the 3rd show? 24,25, and 27th? OR 24,25,and 28th?

One day rest makes sense. U2 has not played 3 days straight since the JT Tour if I remember correctly.

Oh boy! Already looking for my flight to Ireland from Mexico or probably fly from Cali, USA. See U2 in their backyard, check out a castle here and there, U2 spots (Mount Temple High School, The Kitchen, Clarence Hotel, etc.), meet other fans from around the world, etc. What a package!

The only problem is getting 2 face value tickets for me and my cousin :help: . I don't care if its the cheap ones all the way to the back of the stadium. I just want to be there and experience seeing U2 not only in their country but also in their very own Dubiln:rockon:.

Please don't do this - it's hard enough for us to get tickets to see U2 in our own city in any case without taking tickets you don't want/need and it plays into scalpers hands.

Or see it in a different way. These people PREVENT the tickets to end up in scalpers's hands, and you can trade with them or buy their tickets at face value.

Or see it in a different way. These people PREVENT the tickets to end up in scalpers's hands, and you can trade with them or buy their tickets at face value.

Very true. I think most of us on this site are very very happy to help out other fans and ensure tickets do not get to scalpers.

:up:

I agree with this also, since we can't split up presale passwords in Europe, why not get the extras for the fans so they can swap with other fans for extra dates other shows, right????

Great mentality really to trade and sell at face value among U2 fans. It's awesome.

It might be a bit early for me to ask for 2 tickets for the Dublin show so I'll wait until everybody settles down and is happy with their tickets. That's when you'll see me asking for any 2 spare tickets. Sometimes people want to get rid of tickets far back away from the stage and get better ones, well, send me a message if you are one of them and I'll gladly buy you those and even take a live recording of your choice when we meet in Ireland to give you as a way of telling you "Thanks".

Rock and roll doggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom