July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also heard the dates were published in the Irish Daily Mirror today - can anyone confirm? There doesn't seem to be a website for that paper that I can find...

Yup its true, whether U2 are playing Croke Park or playing on those dates remains to be seen. I wouldnt believe it until the band or their website confirms it though.

^ Yeah its in today's paper .. Remains to be seen if there is any truth in it. I hope its true though, because it doesnt look like they will be playing Northern Ireland on this tour

i have a feeling u2 won't make it to the US until spring/summer 2010

i have a feeling u2 won't make it to the US until spring/summer 2010

You're Insane!! They will be in the U.S. by mid-late September, and will stay here through early December.

They will put the tickets onsale around the same time as the Europe onsales, meaning March probably, and will then sit earning interest on the money for several months before the shows take place.

You are out of your mind if you think they're going to let the album be out for 10+ months before playing the U.S.

Europe will be Late June-Late August. U.S. will be mid-September-early December.

Croke Park is about 15 minutes walk from Dublin City centre.

Plenty of 3 or 4 star hotels and guesthouses in Dublin.

Try O'Callaghan's Hotel Group. All the usual international hotels there also

for what it's worth a hotel near Croke Park has tripled it's rates for 24-26 July

There are still hotel rooms in Dublin city centre for less than €100 per night. I would not book any room that requires you to pay a deposit until the dates are confirmed though

Don't stay at Gandon Hall Apartments whatever you do - an absolute nightmare when I went there in December.

As for hotels to recommend, I would tell you of a good one but until I've got myself a room (when the concerts are confirmed) I'd rather not!

Well I know a person who's lived and worked there about five years and he said he's gonna find me something...Is it hard to find student jobs there ?

It's hard to find jobs anywhere

Part time student jobs have disappeared and people are getting laid off everywhere. Our economy is in tatters, seriously if you find a job here...you'll be very lucky.

I know I'm going. The second show is on my birthday and I was planning on going to Dublin to see them this tour. :hyper:

It's hard to find jobs anywhere

Part time student jobs have disappeared and people are getting laid off everywhere. Our economy is in tatters, seriously if you find a job here...you'll be very lucky.

yeah, he said that on a place where he works people are beign sacked but he's remained, I'll see. If he doesn't find anything I'll try student agency in my country

yeah, he said that on a place where he works people are beign sacked but he's remained, I'll see. If he doesn't find anything I'll try student agency in my country

the Irish economy is in a serious bad way. There are no jobs here at the moment to speak of.

U2 could actually save the economy! 100 nights in Slane!!!! All summer long!:applaud:

I really want to see them in Dublin as well, but I just checked on airfare - - just under $1,000 from Cleveland (then x2, that damn husband of mine!) and that's just to get there!!!!

I checked out of JFk is only $781.82 on Delta and $786.30 on Aer Lingus and there direct. From Philly where I would go from it is $722.58 on Air France and you have to change flights in Paris. I could take the train the NYC and go from there. Thank goodness for my tax return. That is where the money is going to come from for the airline tix.

I checked out of JFk is only $781.82 on Delta and $786.30 on Aer Lingus and there direct. From Philly where I would go from it is $722.58 on Air France and you have to change flights in Paris. I could take the train the NYC and go from there. Thank goodness for my tax return. That is where the money is going to come from for the airline tix.

I'm thinking about doing it as well, are you going to do a package deal? Like the hotel + the flight...so its cheaper?
If I can get enough money together, then ill be there! :)

So I'm seriously thinking about doing this...it will have to be my only show, but it would be so worth it. Where is the Shannon airport in relation to Dublin? If you want to spend a week seeing Ireland and attending one of the weekend concerts, what would you recommend as far as an itinerary? I'm thinking leaving home and returning home on Tuesdays... What things are absolute must-sees while in Ireland for the one and only time in your life?

So I'm seriously thinking about doing this...it will have to be my only show, but it would be so worth it. Where is the Shannon airport in relation to Dublin?

Taxi or bus to Limerick city centre, then I'd guess a three hour train journey to Dublin. Alternatively fly in to Dublin rather than Shannon.

I just happened to notice Shannon had an airport and wondered if it would be better to fly there, do some sightseeing during the week, then head to Dublin for the concert. I know NOTHING about Ireland, really, but on my father's side of the family they were all from Cork (my grandparents who have been deceased a LONG time). My husband is a serious cyclist and we were kicking the idea around about going on an organized cycling tour of the countryside for a few days.

I'm thinking about doing it as well, are you going to do a package deal? Like the hotel + the flight...so its cheaper?
If I can get enough money together, then ill be there! :)

I'm might be doing it with a bunch of people I know. On my facebook there is a group called U2 in Dublin on the Horizon and we are probably going to share rooms. I want to book ASAP when the tour is announced. But, if you want we can do it together and my friend Jim might come too.

I'm might be doing it with a bunch of people I know. On my facebook there is a group called U2 in Dublin on the Horizon and we are probably going to share rooms. I want to book ASAP when the tour is announced. But, if you want we can do it together and my friend Jim might come too.

You definitely want to be ready to book hotels ASAP - in 2005 I think they all filled up very quickly (and the rates shoot up as well). If you can it's worth booking somewhere that either doesn't take a deposit or only wants a minimal amount to secure the room.

I just happened to notice Shannon had an airport and wondered if it would be better to fly there, do some sightseeing during the week, then head to Dublin for the concert. I know NOTHING about Ireland, really, but on my father's side of the family they were all from Cork (my grandparents who have been deceased a LONG time). My husband is a serious cyclist and we were kicking the idea around about going on an organized cycling tour of the countryside for a few days.

Dublin airport is a 30-45 minute bus ride from the centre of town (depending on traffic)- I wouldn't be inclined to drive around Dublin though

from what we saw of the place last time it's pretty good for a town/city of it's size- it's not cheap place to visit though

My flights have always had a layover in Dublin to go to Shannon, so If It wasn't necessary for me to get to Shannon I'd get off the damn plane in Dublin. :wink:

Keep in mind that car rental is serious $$ and driving is not for the faint of heart unless you're keeping on the newer highways.

I wish I could go to Ireland... I remember landing at Shannon... :sad:

Such a beautiful country.

How confident can we be that the 24th-27th will be the dates actually announced? I plan on going on holidays in July but my friends want to return home on the 25th. If the gigs are that weekend then I will cut my holiday short a day and return on the friday. Would be pissed off it the gigs ended up a week earlier though as I would miss them all!

I'm in a similar scheduling predicament...going to be in London from April-July but am supposed to head back to the States on the 25th of July as well.

It's really expensive to change my date of return...$150 = tickets to a show!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom