July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what????? I am looking at my confirmation sheet stating that my total for July 22-24, 2011 (AAA rate) is $366.60....if it's really 300 per night I'll keep my reservation at the Radisson instead! If I am going to pay $300/nt to stay at the Days Inn, Adam Clayton better be one of the amenities they provide...

I went ahead and booked. It's more than I was hoping to pay, but at least I have a reservation for two nights. I might just keep it for the night of the concert and stay elsewhere after flying in on Friday.

Happy there's a generous cancellation policy, so it was easier to book now and change my mind later, than wait too long and then be SOL.

Note to self: renew AAA next year!

I only use AAA for the hotel (plus other) discounts. I haven't had a car towed by them for years. Occasionally, I'll stop in and get a free travel book.

I like to have it because I like to take a lot of road trips and have an older car, and I don't want to be stranded somewhere alone.

My automatic response when booking stuff isn't to ask about a discount, though. So thanks for bringing it up, whoever that was - it wouldn't have occurred to me. Not used to having it. :der:

I like to have it because I like to take a lot of road trips and have an older car, and I don't want to be stranded somewhere alone.

My automatic response when booking stuff isn't to ask about a discount, though. So thanks for bringing it up, whoever that was - it wouldn't have occurred to me. Not used to having it. :der:

Not that I wouldn't use it for that, but I guess I just meant that the discount more than pays for the membership fee, regardless of whatever other services you can get.

Figuring a savings of $5 to $30 per room per night and traveling usually 30 nights per year, it's quite the bargain.

Oh, gotcha.

I'll waffle a lot about keeping my reservation, I'm sure. But I figure that's really the only trip I'll be taking between now and my Ireland trip in September, so I can shell out for a couple of nights at a hotel. Paying extra will be worth it, considering the convenience.

Soory about that scare! :doh: Dang I was nervous. Anyway... did you guys notice that it's actually cheaper to use the 2 night stay discount rate, instead of AAA? As long as you are staying 2 nights I guess, it's cheaper than AAA rates!

I did notice that, but the cancellation policy was different, and it charged your card right away, so I didn't want to do that.

Soory about that scare! :doh: Dang I was nervous. Anyway... did you guys notice that it's actually cheaper to use the 2 night stay discount rate, instead of AAA? As long as you are staying 2 nights I guess, it's cheaper than AAA rates!

Wait . . . you're going to this one? And Dan too?

I booked the Days Inn, after I called the hotel and talked to the lady this morning who told me that the rate of $129 that was online this morning had now gone up $50. She had told me not to book it, because they didn't have the rates for the Saturday. I don't have AAA, so my total was $400. Wow!!!!

Ok I'm looking at it now and it says AAA rate is 170.10. Is this what you guys were looking at? I don't see a 161.00 price.

yep. i'm going. only because it's the last show (for now).

i booked at the AAA rate. i'll probably end up signing up for a membership.

i'm going to see if i can get my rate changed at the other places i'm staying

The price is going up by the minute!!!!!!!:gah:

For what I paid, I am having one hell of a party! (Sorry Cori!:hug:) I booked a Queen executive, since it was the same price as a regular room!!:huh:

Ok I'm looking at it now and it says AAA rate is 170.10. Is this what you guys were looking at? I don't see a 161.00 price.

my confirmation says that the AAA rate is $161.10/nt....maybe the price goes up after they book so many rooms? I wouldn't be surprised if they limit the number of rooms that the discounted rates apply to...

I think it will be worth it when I am in the GA line and want to freshen up, change clothes, drop stuff off, etc. Staying close to the stadium made the Vegas GA line very comfortable in spite of the heat and dust. I also appreciated it when I walked back to the hotel in 10 minutes instead of dealing with crazy traffic :D

I can tell my parents they can stay in the room right up until show time, if they don't want to sit through the opening band. :lol:

Oh my god, if it were Kanye, I'd just tell them not to even think about getting to the stadium until after 8:30. :yikes:

I think it will be worth it when I am in the GA line and want to freshen up, change clothes, drop stuff off, etc. Staying close to the stadium made the Vegas GA line very comfortable in spite of the heat and dust. I also appreciated it when I walked back to the hotel in 10 minutes instead of dealing with crazy traffic :D

walking back from vegas was so freaking awesome.

even better was in dallas where my little motel was down the street. walking through the parking lot and watching all of those cars in every different direction possible would have drove me nuts

Man, that's expensive. This morning I went ahead and booked the one night, from July 22-23 and got the $129 rate. Then when I wanted to change it, it's now the $161 rate for 2 nights (from 22nd to 24th). I just decided to keep the original reservation and booked the Saturday night (23-24). So I now have 2 back to back reservations to save me $40. I hope I remember all this come next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom