July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis III: Stuck In A Heat Wave You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the stadium. There is a "line list" starting - security at the stadium even directed me to it. The list was around 50 people or so, I think. I also got this pic of the progress so far:

11%2B-%2B1

I still struggle to understand these farcical "lines." Who sets the criteria as to when they start and who's first? And even then, what gives them that authority?

50 already? Fuck that shit! This line thing is getting sooooo stupid. Past stupid!:angry:

I sat outside for lunch today for a half hour in a somewhat shaded area and was just fine. Felt nice out actually, compared to the past few days. So now I'm not as stressed about the heat as I was on Mon/Tues. It's still plenty hot out but just not as humid.

Just got back from the stadium. There is a "line list" starting - security at the stadium even directed me to it. The list was around 50 people or so, I think. I also got this pic of the progress so far:

Did you flog the person who started it two days ahead of time?

Honestly. It's such bullshit.

Tell you what, regardless of who's name is on what BS list - if you aren't there at 6 AM, and I am, then I'm ahead of you in line. And I would LOVE to see you do something about that.

I sat outside for lunch today for a half hour in a somewhat shaded area and was just fine. Felt nice out actually, compared to the past few days. So now I'm not as stressed about the heat as I was on Mon/Tues. It's still plenty hot out but just not as humid.

Today & Sunday are supposed to be the least humid. Stupid uncoopertive weather.

So, eltimbomofo was just down there about 20 minutes ago, and did not find/see anyone re the line.

PopMatt, where did you run into these ridiculous people who should be smacked?

I wish the fan club would do like others and let the members in 1/2 hour before everyone else. At least there would be some benefit when you belong for 4 years with nothing going on.

Didn't they kind of do that with Vertigo? Wasn't there a "fan club" line and then the other line? I don't recall that ever really working out all that well.

So, eltimbomofo was just down there about 20 minutes ago, and did not find/see anyone re the line.

PopMatt, where did you run into these ridiculous people who should be smacked?

They're probably all back in the comfort of their hotels, secure in their knowledge that nobody dare question their 'list'

Don't you just love how these lines are hidden? WTF? If you want a spot, you should have to camp for it. Interference should rick roll the line. I'm not even going to line up early, but I'm in. Let's start numbers now. Rose can be #1....

Yeah, that's the other thing - in order to have any shot at arguing that this list has ANY validity (which I don't think it does, regardless), the person or party involved in maintaining it has to be there constantly from now until 6AM Saturday.

Didn't they kind of do that with Vertigo? Wasn't there a "fan club" line and then the other line? I don't recall that ever really working out all that well.

Not at the vertigo shows I went to. they lumped everyone together. I like will call and then a fan club line. Makes you earn it just a little more.

Tim swears he walked around the whole stadium and saw nothing, and now I think I've caused him a little panic by reporting the supposed existence of a supposed line. :(

Yeah, that's the other thing - in order to have any shot at arguing that this list has ANY validity (which I don't think it does, regardless), the person or party involved in maintaining it has to be there constantly from now until 6AM Saturday.

They've been running the lines in shifts in other cities, so any individual person is only there for a few hours at a time.

Tim swears he walked around the whole stadium and saw nothing, and now I think I've caused him a little panic by reporting the supposed existence of a supposed line. :(

It's probably not even on site anywhere. It could be at the University for all we know. That is why this is so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom