July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis III: Stuck In A Heat Wave You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, at this point, if you really want to be there, take whatever you can get!!:hyper:

I was in upper side, very close to stage in Chicago, and there were deadbeats around me. I don't like being told to sit down. I don't like the shouts to Bono to stop talking and 'play the good stuff,' and unfortunately, this was the only time in over 30 shows that this has happened (I usually do GA). [Thankfully, the rude guys to the side and behind us left by the time they played "One Tree Hill" to an ecstatic crowd all around.] The next day I bought my plane & GA tickets for TCF - driven by the need to end this tour with a better experience and with fans who love the whole experience.

The view from the front is better then the view from the side.

That being said, at this point, if you really want to be there, take whatever you can get!!:hyper:

GA is the best view for the money, but I have been in seats on all sides, and front-on is best. But exactly, just get in the building if you can. Ticketmaster has been dropping a few tickets, too. Also, I can guarantee there will be decent tickets for sale outside the venue. If you do that, buy from the fans first because there is less chance that you could be screwed. Scalpers only if you must.

I DARE any jerkwads to tell me to sit down. You don't want to be THAT PERSON who ruins someone else's concert experience, but why would you be the one to ruin my experience by telling me to sit down?

There's no way to compromise with that. :( People sat down behind me when I saw Bruce Springsteen, but no one hollered at the rest of us to sit down.

Updated weather forecast: Today, gorgeous. Tomorrow: Hot again with rain developing during the overnight hours. Best chance for rain between 3 and 9 am.

And no one better tell me to sit down. I'm in 246 for this show, and I'm fully expecting to get yelled at at least once.

With the seats that is what you often get. The casual fan who is just there to hear WOWY, etc. Expecting people to sit down at a concert is ridiculous.

I don't care if people around me aren't as into it (I'm bummed, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment). But if someone is being a jackass telling me to sit down, I'll get pissed off. And will probably avoid confrontation by sitting down and then seething about it.

Maybe this will be my time to finally be confrontational.

On Saturday, it'll be soaking you out. :| Finally heard that the rain/possible storms are supposed to be during the DAY on Saturday. So...less chance of affecting the show, at least. *sigh*

I'm still GA, but I am not going to stand all day and risk getting sick from the heat.

Go to the stadium sometime in the morning on show day, take a notebook and write in bigass letters, "I NEED A GA". Walk down the GA line with it. Someone will come up to you and sell you one (probably).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom