July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis III: Stuck In A Heat Wave You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody at the REM show at Midway Stadium when the thunderstorm came through at the end of the show? They did the fastest "End of the World as we know it" EVER - and then the sky opened up.

Did we talk about that here before?
OMG, I swear my shoes and car never dried out after that. It was fun though.

So do you think we can tell enough bad banking jokes to clear a third thread before the gathering on Friday? :)

I could fill a few pages with TCF banking stories. :yawn:
Just the other day I was depositing a few checks there that I wrote to myself from work. The teller asked if I owned my own business and would I like to have a business account there. Yes, I do and no I don't. We used to have our business checking there, but we moved it. She looked depressed. :shrug:

Did we talk about that here before?
OMG, I swear my shoes and car never dried out after that. It was fun though.

Maybe we have. I think it took me a few days for my liver to dry out too. I had entirely too much fun at that show - and after. Also ended up entering into a disastrous (but short) relationship after that show. Fun memories.

I could fill a few pages with TCF banking stories. :yawn:
Just the other day I was depositing a few checks there that I wrote to myself from work.

Laundering? :p

Yeah, I keep feeling like I should move to a credit union, but the Cub locations/hours still get me. Credit unions are far away...

Maybe we have. I think it took me a few days for my liver to dry out too. I had entirely too much fun at that show - and after. Also ended up entering into a disastrous (but short) relationship after that show. Fun memories.

Screw my comment, this sounds more interesting. ;)

:lol:
I'm too lazy to close accounts and too paranoid to have all of them in one bank.
Laundering sounds way cooler.

hi all!

U2 concert newbie here, asking for a little help. I've combed through a lot of this thread already, but didn't really find the info I was looking for.

I've always been a U2 fan, and I saw the clip of Bono and the Edge on Letterman the other night (wow, chills), and I added seeing U2 in concert to my bucket list.

Turns out, I have a business trip scheduled for Minneapolis this weekend! I wouldn't call it fate, but at least it's a great coincedence!

So here's where I appeal to you U2 concert-attending experts for a little help - what seats should I try to get? I can't afford to spend more than $100 each. Seems like most of you all are going to go for general admission tix, but the earliest my wife and I could get there would prob be right before the concert, and I assume we'd be standing in the very back of general admission at that point. I'm also ok with missing the opening act. What do you all think about tickets in the upper deck? I've found some available in section 4, in the Outdoor Club section, row 18 listed for $120, but not sure if those are good seats either.

hoping I can pull this off! Thanks for any help!

Sam
Austin, Texas

hi all!

U2 concert newbie here, asking for a little help. I've combed through a lot of this thread already, but didn't really find the info I was looking for.

I've always been a U2 fan, and I saw the clip of Bono and the Edge on Letterman the other night (wow, chills), and I added seeing U2 in concert to my bucket list.

Turns out, I have a business trip scheduled for Minneapolis this weekend! I wouldn't call it fate, but at least it's a great coincedence!

So here's where I appeal to you U2 concert-attending experts for a little help - what seats should I try to get? I can't afford to spend more than $100 each. Seems like most of you all are going to go for general admission tix, but the earliest my wife and I could get there would prob be right before the concert, and I assume we'd be standing in the very back of general admission at that point. I'm also ok with missing the opening act. What do you all think about tickets in the upper deck? I've found some available in section 4, in the Outdoor Club section, row 18 listed for $120, but not sure if those are good seats either.

hoping I can pull this off! Thanks for any help!

Sam
Austin, Texas

:wave:

General admission tickets are the way to go. If you want to be close to the stage, obviously you'd have to line up early. Although, it is possible to get into the pit without lining up. I've done it twice. But standing at the back with a GA ticket isn't bad. Many people with GA enjoy standing at the soundboard. It gives you a great view of the stage and it's not really far back from all the action. Plus it gives you the freedom to walk around, use the washroom, and buy food and drinks, etc.

If you prefer the comfort of an actual seat, any cheap seat is good. The stage is so big that you'll have a great view no matter where you are.

I agree about GA, but if you want cheap seats, look for seats that look at the front of the stage. If U2 is part of your bucket list now, it's no secret that it's not really a "360" show. See it from the front for the full effect.

While there are certain venues (i.e. Soldier Field) where seats can really be hit or miss, it looks like TCF is not one of those. I think just about any seat you end up with will be good. That being said . . . if you are up for it, I'd say GA is the way to go! It will allow you the most flexibility and the best ability to get close or see the show from different perspectives, though not an opportunity to sit - not that you'd want to! :wink:

While there are certain venues (i.e. Soldier Field) where seats can really be hit or miss, it looks like TCF is not one of those. I think just about any seat you end up with will be good. That being said . . . if you are up for it, I'd say GA is the way to go! It will allow you the most flexibility and the best ability to get close or see the show from different perspectives, though not an opportunity to sit - not that you'd want to! :wink:

Agreed :hug:

Plus sometimes the stands can be dead where as GA is pretty much always jumpin :rockon:

Exactly - it's possible to feel a bit more detached from the show if you're in the seats. Plus you could have some old codger behind you telling you to sit down.

Exactly - it's possible to feel a bit more detached from the show if you're in the seats. Plus you could have some old codger behind you telling you to sit down.

I thought you had seats to this one...are you GA?:wink:

ETA: I'm going to buy a poncho today, just in case. I learned my lesson in the Montreal Monsoon!

I agree about GA, but if you want cheap seats, look for seats that look at the front of the stage. If U2 is part of your bucket list now, it's no secret that it's not really a "360" show. See it from the front for the full effect.

So you wouldn't go for the side upper deck seats, even though they seem closer to the stage than the upper deck seats in the front of the stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom