July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis III: Stuck In A Heat Wave You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw several forecasts that are saying 40% chance of storms. Not too bad.

it changes daily around here so I don't trust the forecasts at all. Last weekend the entire week for this week on the weather channel's website had the scattered thunderstorm icon. It got super dark yesterday morning and rained a little but that's it but at least where I was, no thunderstorm. So far it's sunny and windy (hot wind :happy: ) with no rain at all today...well as of right now it hasn't rained. I'm just not going to worry about and go about my day on Sat.

But if we do get a storm then I blame Mark because he's the one that brought it up a few weeks ago! :wink:

it changes daily around here so I don't trust the forecasts at all. Last weekend the entire week for this week on the weather channel's website had the scattered thunderstorm icon. It got super dark yesterday morning and rained a little but that's it but at least where I was, no thunderstorm. So far it's sunny and windy (hot wind :happy: ) with no rain at all today...well as of right now it hasn't rained. I'm just not going to worry about and go about my day on Sat.

But if we do get a storm then I blame Mark because he's the one that brought it up a few weeks ago! :wink:

Oh man, yesterday morning in Minneapolis it was rumbling thunder for ages, but over in St. Paul they got golf ball sized hail!

I went to get my hair done today and the second I walked in my 60 something year old hair stylist, who is someone I've known since birth, grabbed me in a panic this afternoon and shook me and said "get me tickets!!!!!!" :yikes: Thankfully I knew of 2 seats available so I'll be able to hook her up. This exact same situation happened on Vertigo. This show has been for sale for over a year and half so I don't know what took her so long other than maybe all the hype about the show. It was funny. She seemed a little bummed to have to settle for seats in the upper bowl vs GA but that's what happens when you wait so long to ask. I could have gotten her GA's months ago. So happy to help out anyone get tickets to see this band live! I'm a little disappointed she has to work on Sat otherwise I would make her stalk the band with me because I think she would totally love it.

That was great that you had tickets for her :). She was lucky!

What time are you thinking of starting the stalking? :)

That was great that you had tickets for her :). She was lucky!

What time are you thinking of starting the stalking? :)

Once I'm done at the box office! :reject: Not really sure....are you doing GA or seats. I can't remember. I'll text you when I'm at the stadium....well I guess we'll be in the car together on Friday so we can talk about it then!

Mark, I think most of us will be there until at least 10. What is the start up time again? 6pm?:lol:

I stopped by the stadium about an hour ago. They're getting the sound board area set up, and they look HOT.

A few interesting things:

1) People are constantly walking up to the stadium to snap pictures. A guy came up to me and said "Is this for the concert?"

Me: Yeah.
Guy: What is it?
Me: :lol: It's kind of hard to explain.
Guy: Weird. Well it wasn't there yesterday.

He was amazed that they would do something so big in Minnesota.

2) There's a guy stalking around the stadium with a notebook...asked me if I was lining up. He's making a list. Somebody from here?

3) As I was walking back to my car from the GA entrance (where above mentioned guy was chatting up security), I saw a door that was closed, but clearly not latched. Chance to see the set up from different vantage point? :shifty: I opened the door and an alarm started blaring. Needless to say, I shut the door, put my head down, and walked to my car.

2) There's a guy stalking around the stadium with a notebook...asked me if I was lining up. He's making a list. Somebody from here?

I doubt he's from here.

If you see him again, stomp up to him, rip the notebook out of his hands and tear it into tiny bits.

.... but maybe confirm first that he's actually starting the line. :wink:

I'll be number *I'm still in my pj's at noon sucka's*

:wink:

Maybe I'll go shopping that day. I am just concerned about the traffic getting back.

STaying with a friend in St Paul - she says buses on University Ave run all the time - is this the best way to get the stadium without a car?

3 day kids, 3 DAYS!

I'm hoping to hear the FLY!!!

Any word on a GA line starting yet?

So Saturday's show is on 7/23

When U2 was in Minneapolis for Vertigo, it was 9/23

I was just watching some clips last night from Vertigo Minneapolis, my first U2 show.

/prepares for the aluminum black-ass stains. :angry:

I brought a towel into Nashville with me and set it down on the metal. It made for a nice cushion. I also brought a mini-towel in (size of a golf towel) that help me wipe the sweat off all night. And I briefly used it like a Homer Hanky when they played Wanderer.

Hey all, been away for a couple of years, but with this show a week away, I thought I ought to check in on the good folks of Interland.

Good to see you around! Welcome back.

Dang I should have checked this thread at work, now I have 5 pages to wade through :lol:

um, my choice would have been "my number" for that _____ spot. :D But from your list, I would definitely choose Lemon. :yes: It has fewer letters too, so you can make it extra BIG.

and Rich, I just saw the picture of your sister on stage with Bono. Wow... what a great moment!!

vjacqb, spoken like a true PLEBA! Hmm, I see a few Edgegirls on the pizza gathering list. We can gush about guitar players (4 strings and 6 strings alike) over pizza! I'm in rosephile's entourage :lol:

I hope Leaning Tower has some clean toilets, cos I will be doing my pre-GA day ritual of downing glasses and glasses of water to hydrate up those cells for Saturday!

Oh, I'm damn sure the list guy is not a list guy, because the GA hardcores (read: list-starters) are still in NJ tonight. :shrug:

Good grief, can't the Saturday's weather be more like Sunday's forecast?

You'll be 2nd-3rd from the rail lining up at that time. :up: ORRRR on the rail if you don't mind being farther to the side.

Succinct analysis :up: It's a prime case study of a trade-off when people decide between rail-off center, or 2 rows back center :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom