July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw, thanks for the ticketmaster tipoff, but I think scalper (ie: Stubhub) GAs are cheaper than TM Redzones, and GAs are still closer to the stage. I don't mind doing my time in line for a rail spot, barring a clusterfuck.

I wasn't implying that RZ was your only option on ticketmaster. I just meant that even RZ tickets pop up. So if those still come up then GA's have to be available as well.

Also, I have purchased sporting event tickets from stubhub and have always received them within a few days. So you have plenty of time for stubhub tix to get to you.

You saw people selling Chicago GAs in Chicago? Wow, I didn't!

Yeah, I could never take the chance and go all the way there without a ticket either. If I were you, and could not get a GA at 5pm still, I would hang by the service entrance. Maybe you could meet the band when they arrive at 5.30-6ish, so you still win some :)

I did! There was a chick who announced she'd sell one for $60, taking a $15 loss. No takers in our pen, naturally. Hope she went outside to the whatever-100s to ask.

rosie, why don't you make a sign for me now around your neighborhood? Lol! Haha, you saw how paranoid I was on concert day, I don't think I can chance it!

I did! There was a chick who announced she'd sell one for $60, taking a $15 loss. No takers in our pen, naturally. Hope she went outside to the whatever-100s to ask.

I think I saw her as well, she sold it to someone in our "pen."
You saw people selling Chicago GAs in Chicago? Wow, I didn't!

Yeah, I could never take the chance and go all the way there without a ticket either. If I were you, and could not get a GA at 5pm still, I would hang by the service entrance. Maybe you could meet the band when they arrive at 5.30-6ish, so you still win some :)

Yeah, I remember about four or five people, some with MULTIPLE extras.

So, Ms. 212, is it official? Are you and LeMel coming?

Also, has NSW checked back in with any sort of confirmation?

I believe so. I've found nice GA prices on Craigslist too, though buying things from there makes me nervous.

I've been antsy all day awaiting NSW's reply :lol:

just read your post(s), Rich, and now I know why you've been ranting all night/day. Did DRay get a shitstorm about that text he sent you? :D

I also understand about not wanting to relive the Portland experience, traveling all the way and having a bad time altogether.

I don't know what kind of setlist we're going to get in Minneapolis, but I can tell you if you come, you'll have to stay until the end because you'll have to help pry me and ryancoke71 off the Claw as Rocketman plays over the speakers. :|

:lol:

Rich, we have never met, and I haven' totally caught up on here, but I hope that you do come. My hubby will need some serious help getting me out of there!:shifty:

Did you hear that Mark????:wink:

just read your post(s), Rich, and now I know why you've been ranting all night/day. Did DRay get a shitstorm about that text he sent you? :D

Ha, it was actually Nicole who first texted me. After I told Dan about it, his first text was simply, "oh god no."

:lol:

Rich, we have never met, and I haven' totally caught up on here, but I hope that you do come. My hubby will need some serious help getting me out of there!:shifty:

Did you hear that Mark????:wink:

You could go with my cousin and uncle. You'd end up getting out of there no problem . . . . at the expense of both encores. :|

Wow, that e-mail from the U was serious, but I'm glad they sent it. Knowing how late people show up for concerts, there could be a lot of morons who try to get there at 8pm and then realize that the traffic jam they've been stuck in doesn't lead to any available parking.

I think most people on here have gotten the message. I just have to decide when to head over (and I should check that I can park where I plan).

Wow, that e-mail from the U was serious, but I'm glad they sent it. Knowing how late people show up for concerts, there could be a lot of morons who try to get there at 8pm and then realize that the traffic jam they've been stuck in doesn't lead to any available parking.

I already bought 2 Glen Beck apocalypse survival kits.

Bono 212, I tried to PM you, but your box is full. Anyone else I can send the message to?

I did not love Interpol in Chicago, I must say. I actually just stood there and read my book; I got some strange looks but I didn't care!

Phil and I had some fun making fun of them (not polite, but the only way to avoid getting bored off our asses).

I'm pretty sure the point of an opening act is not to DEFLATE the crowd. :huh:

I did not love Interpol in Chicago, I must say. I actually just stood there and read my book; I got some strange looks but I didn't care!

HAHA. Ironically, as Phil and I couldn't quite correctly interpret the lyrics, we ended up pumping our fists and singing,"She can't read, She can't read, She can't read!!!!!" for one of the songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom