July 20, 21 - Amsterdam Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1000 people already WTF (it was insane last tour but this is just crackin)

There were two huge GA queues. One of them started right in front of a gate, the other at a bizarre and apparently pointless fench on the pavement 100 yards from the gate.

When the gate for the first queue opened there was the usual huge rush forward, quite a few people jumped the barriers into it, and others ran forward. There was a bit of anarchy for about thirty seconds as the security lost control of it. And the other GA queue hadn't even moved at all about *thirty* mins later. The people at the front of it may well have been shafted - but as I wasn't in it I may well have missed where they were directed to go on the field once they got in.

I believe (but am not sure) that both entrances lead up to the same entry point (those bloody stairs). The reason the queu at entrance G starts a t a weird point is that they need to leave the space open between the start of the queu and the entrance (probably for emergency services or other). They close that gap later on.
Both lines got in at about the same time, so I don't think it matters a lot in which one you are.

So did you have fun there?! :)

Unbelievable show! One of the best I've seen. Great how they manage to get a very intimate feeling in a huge stadium! And...the sound was bloody amazing. Normally this stadium is known for it's echo and horrible sound. Yesterday it was just perfect!

One disappointing fact: the field was really really tranquil. Unbelievable how few the atmosphere was. I remember in 2001 the whole field went up and down during streets... this wa sreally not the case this time.

But the performance was bloody amazing!

Last night was amazing. This night was EPIC.

I knew we were in for a surprise when they started playing One.
Which Bono introduced perfectly, none of that political stuff he usually talks about.

Bad
Elevation
Until the End of the World.

Yessssssss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom