July 20, 21 - Amsterdam Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really coming so close now... Hopefully I'll meet up with some of you :wave: Not doing GA but will be having a peek if that's possible at the ones in the queues :wink:

Closest "bar" must be the hard rock cafe. Thats a rock throw away from the arena.
Don't know about the prices tough.:huh:

Great to hear some more interferencers coming! The more , the better:wink:

I've tix for myself and my two hosts to the second night but will be loitering around outside the Arena for the first. It's going to be interesting to see if ticket touts will lower their prices once the show starts.

"Ok, I'll give ya €1 to pop in to see the encore" :)

^I bet its going to be pretty easy to get tickets, the final half hour before the show.
There are quite some tickets left

It's always funny to see those ticket touts. When I was younger, I always thought they were fake :wink: Well in a way they sometimes are, asking for such high prices. But you're right, in the final time before the show they will probably be selling cheap tickets.

It's weekend now. And after the weekend comes Monday :drool:

Anybody know what the rules are as far as cameras are concerned? What is it usually like at the Arena?

Normal point 'n shoot camera's allowed.
Anything with Lenses over 40 mm are prohibited.

Chances of sneaking in big gear.
If you have a big backpack they are going to check you extra for sure,
I dunno if the gates work people who went down there last year
all said they checked quite good.

Just take a point and shoot, but as far as I'm concerned , there are gonna be lots of people who make photo's so why even bother. Go and enjoy the concert.

Oh and a dutch u2 fanclub is trying to get everyone to sing 40 at the end of the concert, spread the word :lol: I think its gonna be hard becuase MoS is the last song.If they sing that I won't..

I agree with domo-kun. But as far as the checking, it's different everytime. If you have a guy who you smile sweetly at (and he smiles back sweetly, it really does work that way :lol: ), he won't check your bag thoroughly even if you have a big bag, he'll only check the top stuff so if you put a camera on the bottom it's not a big deal. But if you have a cranky one, they'll check your bag from top to bottom. So it's really hard to tell. But point and shoots are okay.

Lol we'll see what happens at the end with the singing ;)

Anybody in the city now that'd be up for a drink this evening? I don't remember when/if there are any planned meetups...

No Mojoconcerts say there are about 100 tickets still left (highest priced one's ofcourse) and ticket brokers also got a big amount of tickets i think. But since its not sold out
they won't lose their tickets unless they price them low.
They are going to be pretty desperate , so it will be quite easy to have cheap tickets.

I'm not in the town untill the second day DE , sorry. I would have a drink with ya if i could but I live about 2.5 hours away from Amsterdam .
Thats probably how long I will sing 40, maybe add an extra half an hour to get off the parking space.:applaud: This should be a record.

Anybody in the city now that'd be up for a drink this evening? I don't remember when/if there are any planned meetups...

I also don't live very close to Amsterdam, and I'm picking up Vincent Vega at the station tonight so no drinks for us... But, I hope to see a lot of you tomorrow maybe :wave:

No Mojoconcerts say there are about 100 tickets still left (highest priced one's ofcourse) and ticket brokers also got a big amount of tickets i think. But since its not sold out
they won't lose their tickets unless they price them low.
They are going to be pretty desperate , so it will be quite easy to have cheap tickets.

If you go to eventim.nl and click on "boeking via plattegrond" you can see how many tickets are still available.

In the midst of a ticketdrop right now : GA (veld) and 160 euro and 33 euro tickets available for tomorrow + only 160 euro seats for Tuesday.

But, I hope to see a lot of you tomorrow maybe :wave:

:wave:
Hopefully we'll see each other!

The roof: open or closed? That's the question.

I pity those trying to sleep in front of the ArenA right now:

rain.jpg

Everyone have a great time tonight; it's been 3 long years...

About to head off to the ArenA now...if I can figure out my way through this confusing transit network!! Traded my GA seat for a behind stage balcony seat, but I still want to hang out with the crowds outside for the afternoon.

Fingers crossed for Bad or SUC (yep, I'm dying to see it live!!) tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom