July 20, 21 - Amsterdam Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I just started! :mac:
But we really need to do dinner one of the days we're all in Amsterdam!

Ah that's nice. Well, B said it was HORRIBLE front row GA. :wink: So yeah, I'll take his word on it. He went back to the middle of the field and it was okay there.

Oh you did, did you? Well I can take you, show me what you've got :flirt:

We have to set up something, definitely :hmm: It's a good way to finally meet you, and Ali, and Ax :drool: :sexywink:

At what time do I have to show up in line to be more or less in front on the GA field?

I'm not sure if this differs much per country/venue etc., and I have seats so I don't really know, but what I hear from people is that they will start lining up VERY early in the morning, as early as 04:30 am? I don't know how this is for Amsterdam, but be sure to be able to drink coffee. Lots and lots of coffee :)

I'm not sure if this differs much per country/venue etc., and I have seats so I don't really know, but what I hear from people is that they will start lining up VERY early in the morning, as early as 04:30 am? I don't know how this is for Amsterdam, but be sure to be able to drink coffee. Lots and lots of coffee :)

I don't drink coffee. :yuck:

As for what time to line up, you don't need to line up at dawn. On the Vertigo Tour I did line up early (IIRC around 6 AM) and ended up front rail at the tip of one of the B-stages. But even if you arrive around 9 or 10 AM you'll surely end up in the first/enclosed section. That is, if it is first-come, first-served. But I've read that the GA policy isn't communicated yet.

I don't drink coffee. :yuck:

As for what time to line up, you don't need to line up at dawn. On the Vertigo Tour I did line up early (IIRC around 6 AM) and ended up front rail at the tip of one of the B-stages. But even if you arrive around 9 or 10 AM you'll surely end up in the first/enclosed section. That is, if it is first-come, first-served. But I've read that the GA policy isn't communicated yet.

Well, Redbull then :wink:

That sounds pretty good :hmm: Hopefully there will be no lottery for all you GA people out there...

I'm the only one with a different entrance than the rest of my group. :uhoh: I'm gonna try and get in with them though.

Like I said before, if you smile really nice and just explain what's going on, they'll let you in at the different entrance :hug:

I'm entering where I'm told to enter. But will be great to meet you all before. :wave:

Entrance E, Mr. :wink:

Umm I don't think I will. Making political statements of the house-arrest of Aung San Suu Kyi is great, throwing in an extra new big great idea or two to make it even more clear, great too, but wearing a mask..? I don't know... Bringing it to a concert is fine, like big photos and such like they do in demonstrations. But wearing the mask...

Yeah, I will see what one can make of it. But I'm not gonna wear it. I don't like masks. But it could be simply held up.
Let's see. For Berlin, I hope the idea with the red glue sticks during Streets works out. :love:

I think they should also provide the masks at the gigs because most fans may not know they're supposed to print one off before they go. They could then collect them again afterwards so there wouldn't be thousands of images of Aung San Suu Kyi getting trampled in the dirt and then chucked in the bin.

Yeah, I will see what one can make of it. But I'm not gonna wear it. I don't like masks. But it could be simply held up.
Let's see. For Berlin, I hope the idea with the red glue sticks during Streets works out. :love:

If you're gonna wear it, then I'm not allowing you in my house back again :grumpy: Just kidding :hug: Just don't wear the mask :wink:

I knew. :) But I'm not gonna wear it. I might just print it and hold it up.
Let's see how it turns out in Berlin. ;)

A couple of questions...hope you can help me to clarify them.
I have tickets for section 101 so I'm worried about being view obstructed by the delay towers on the corners of the field according to the official map. I've checked some photos from the last tour and apparently these speakers were hanged from the ceiling of the arena...do you think it will be the same for this concert?
In relation to the acoustic...what is the quality of the sound of the arena? where is the worst area? do they open the roof for the concerts?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom