July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I have a bit of a dilemma - I'm gonna be moving to New York for 3 months as part of a gap year after finishing uni. It will be my first time in America, and just cannot wait!! All going to plan, I will be in the city for the date of the gig and would love to get hold of a ticket. Ticketmaster have a few seated tickets still available but they are for the terrible seats way up in the sky. Having seen them 3 times in GA in 2009 I'm not too bothered, it'd be cool to see the show from a different perspective, etc.

So....what do you guys think I should do, buy a $60 seated ticket now before they eventually sell out or hang on till nearer the date and hope that some kind soul on this forum will have a spare for me to buy off them, or that they release some more online?? I've had a look on ebay, tickethub, etc and they are mostly pretty exorbitant.

Thanks for your help :D

sounds great Mikey.
hope you really enjoy it.

I am sure there will be ticket drop, but i think i'd be happy just to see the show from any seat.

U2 in NY!!!

Well, that's exciting!
Welcome to America (USA), and welcome to my :heart: city> NYC, Mikey!

As some one who's only been able to see U2 in GA for the first time (I've tried in the past for years with no luck and i have seen them for decades in so-so seats ) last summer I'm hoping to get to a 2nd show somewhere else East Coasty for another GA (I have a seat tix through fam for NJ).

Since you've been in GA 3x's in 09 and say you wouldn't mind the other view...
the 2nd night of 09 NJ I was up 3/4 back, 7/8 up :)lol::uhoh: steep!) .... if you really love the look/colors of The Claw and Screen.....
.....it was quite amazing to see the whole Claw & Screen in action from the Eagle's Nest!
And i have my pretty pics to prove it- including my computer wallpaper! :D

Then I'd suggest get the 60$ tix now. There's always a chance of a tix drop, and someone here having something to sell later on.
If you want the certainity- get the tix. IMHO that is! :)

Thanks for that guys. I took the plunge last night and went for a $60 seating ticket, way up at the back, although the simulated seat-view from the New Meadowlands website looks like it could be awesome in terms of finally being able to appreciate the claw in all its glory!

It feels very surreal to think that I've got a ticket to see U2 in a huge New York stadium, but its gradually becoming a much more real scenario haha.

Dazzledbylight - growing up in Britain, NYC comes across like the whole world in one place if you see what I mean! I'm hoping to land a cafe/coffee-shop job when I get over there, any tips/advice you could offer??? :D:up:

I sat upper deck behind the claw for the first NY show in 2009 and then did GA for the second show. When I sat up high, I really got a great view of the claw and all of its intricacies that you really don't get to see down low or in GA. There really isn't a bad seat in the house so enjoy the show!

I want to plan way ahead, i am coming from costa rica, i have been to nj and ny and know how to move from hotel near newark, leave the car at airport and take the port authority bus to manhattan. Now, i need to know, how do i move from the hotel in newark to the stadium? Bus? Rental car and park it there? Any train line. I need a clue. Help me. Please.

I'd rent a car and park at the stadium. Back in 2009, the train situation after the two Giants Stadium shows got pretty ugly.

Damn, im now scared, if i really get a hotel near the stadium, is there a way to walk ?

The area around the Meadowlands is all highways. Plus, there are no sidewalks.

You COULD walk it, but it would be quite dangerous. Take extra precaution.

The area around the Meadowlands is all highways. Plus, there are no sidewalks.

You COULD walk it, but it would be quite dangerous. Take extra precaution.

This.

I had my mom actually drop me off there last year, and it is ALL highway ramps, just out of the tunnel from Manhattan. I can't imagine attempting to cross an interstate on foot...so if you try it, yes, please be very careful.

Also it depends WHERE - someplace like the Sheraton absolutely NOT although it is close, because it is a major road. Someplace like the Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn you can, but you have to be careful.

Hi Everybody

Does anyone know the face value on ticketmaster of a ticket in Section 243 (or 209) : was it 110$ ?

Thanks

fab

I've decided to fly to this show, so anyone have some advice on just when I should get my ticket and reserve a car? I was thinking May or June, but I've never bought a plane ticket in my life, so i have no idea what I'm doing
I'd be flying out of Detroit.

I've decided to fly to this show, so anyone have some advice on just when I should get my ticket and reserve a car? I was thinking May or June, but I've never bought a plane ticket in my life, so i have no idea what I'm doing
I'd be flying out of Detroit.

Mmm, just did a quick search, and I'd probably hold off for a bit, price is fairly high right now. I'd probably hold off until beginning of April, and see if the price improves. Spirit is probably lowest on the Detroit to LaGuardia route, flying into Newark will likely be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom