July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still plan to be there :) though I will be coming by myself now :sigh: new date doesn't work for my daughter... but I suppose I can figure things out within a year.

"What can I say? You're either on the (plane), or off the (plane)."

Thank you, Dr. Robert! :wink:

Just get on the plane and you'll be fine for the rest of the trip, I promise! :hug:

drive from Michigan, or take a plane then get a rental car? I get another year to think about this!
I was planning to fly in and stay as close to the stadium as I can, then walk over. But I keep seeing people say that walking isn't the best idea!

drive from Michigan, or take a plane then get a rental car? I get another year to think about this!
I was planning to fly in and stay as close to the stadium as I can, then walk over. But I keep seeing people say that walking isn't the best idea!

Don't walk it's all desolate highway..

I think walking is doable after the concert. I walked back to Hampton Inn last year. Yes, you will have to cross some roads, but after the concert traffic is going to be at a standstill, and there will be police to help stop the cars and let you cross. Obviously be careful and don't walk by yourself if you can.

Walking to the concert is the problem. Because you really don't want to cross a highway with moving cars. If you can get a shuttle ride from the hotel you're staying in to get to the concert, then it's ok.

Depends on which hotel you're staying in. Someplace like the Sheraton, you definitely can't walk from even though it's so close because a major highway separates it. I walked from the Fairfield Inn last year, it was fine, the one road I had to walk on for a little bit was one for the complex, not really general traffic, and it was deserted in the morning.

I am hoping to stay at the Hampton Inn that is near the stadium. It looks walkable based on maps I've looked at. But odds are I'll end-up driving from Michigan, I'm hoping to get a friend to go with me by then so I don't have to drive all that way alone.

I've never been to the area before and don't want to pass up a chance to visit NYC.
I've read there is a bus that stops in front of the Hampton Inn that will take you to the Port Authority. Has anyone done that before?
I really don't want to drive my car into the city, I get lost driving in Detroit, I'm pretty sure I'd get REALLY lost trying to drive in NYC!

Liz, you won't have to drive IN the city. The stadium is in NJ and driving to it is not so bad. Lots of signs and highways. When you visit Manhattan you can take a ferry or train from NJ. I like the ferry myself!

The Hampton Inn is where I'm going to book a room. I can't do it until tomorrow or Tuesday because they don't take online reservations over a year in advance.

I am hoping to stay at the Hampton Inn that is near the stadium. It looks walkable based on maps I've looked at.

I'm looking into the Hampton Inn, too. It's the nearest to the stadium without being too pricey (like the Sheraton).

However, it isn't really walkable to the stadium, as there are no sidewalks, and you'll have to walk around the racetrack to the get to the stadium.

I know Laura walked to the stadium last year. But I personally wouldn't want to take that risk.

crossing those streets was certainly something! and I'm looking forward to it again, because...... I officially have a ticket to the show!:hyper::hyper:

Doesn't the Hampton Inn have a shuttle? At least when going TO the stadium (coming back you will likely have to walk), I had booked it for the night between the two shows last year because of that although I ended up canceling and crashing with a friend at the Fairfield Inn instead.

You're correct. Last year Hampton Inn did have a shuttle to take you to the stadium. It started sometime in the afternoon, so it's more suitable for people with seats or GA people who didn't care to line up. But they said they couldn't provide a shuttle after the concert because the police basically either closed off the complex entrances or turned them into exits to ease outgoing traffic. It was faster to walk back anyway, because like I said, traffic was just not moving. They gave me directions on how to walk back to the hotel.

Did Fairfield Inn provide a shuttle?

I don't think they did, at least I didn't see one. I walked to the stadium, it's a bit over a mile, wasn't too bad except that there are no damn trees around there so the sun beats down on you. Also I kept taking wrong turns right when I was at the stadium because of the construction. Got a lift to the hotel after show 1 and went home on the train after show 2 so I didn't get to experience the walk back.

Wow, so it turns out we kind of lucked out that the show was cancelled tonight.

It is raining hard with thunderstorms right now (time: 9:20 p.m.). :ohmy:

It was a bizarre day. In the morning, it rained real hard with thunderstorms. Then it cleared up for the rest of the day and was 95 degrees all day. Then tonight, it starts to rain again, plus thunder and lightning. I live only 10 minutes away from the Meadowlands.

I am hoping that a year and a day from now, the weather is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom