July 2, 2011 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NORTH AMERICA: Multiple extra dates are rumoured to be added to the tour schedule. U2.com accidentally "announced" that U2 would play Baltimore on 2011-06-22, then quietly removed it from an otherwise unrelated article. Nashville is rumoured for 2011-07-02. Boston is rumoured with no specific date.
(Status: Baltimore looks certain; Nashville looks likely; Boston, who knows.)

It's already in the rumour mill. :) It's probably a matter of time before U2.com announces Baltimore, then after they'll accidentally leak Nashville.

Hmm, still with the Vanderbilt instead of LP Field. Go figure.

Well, I'll say this much: Vanderbilt will be a lot easier to sell out since its smaller.

Will this show be their only foray into the south next year? Someone start up a New Orleans rumor. (Miami isn't exactly my idea of "the south".)

Hotels near LP are the shits. I already have my room booked at the lovely Vanderbilt Marriott, I'm OK with that!

I am SO excited about this Nashville show... such an exciting locale to me. Because I am Rattle & Hum freak, I love the idea of going to see them in Tennessee. Can't wait to wear my kickass Edge JT/RH hat to this one!

Well, I'll say this much: Vanderbilt will be a lot easier to sell out since its smaller.

Will this show be their only foray into the south next year? Someone start up a New Orleans rumor. (Miami isn't exactly my idea of "the south".)

My undisclosed and hitherto-unmentioned source (who is, of course, 100% accurate) says that there will be a show in Austin at Royal Memorial Stadium on 2011-05-18.

(Miami isn't exactly my idea of "the south".)

I think alot of this has to do with Vanderbilt's renovation. They are installing FIELD TURF in July, and the $$$$ from the concerts will help pay for the installation

LP Field is probably too big as well

I used to live in Nashville. The Holiday Inn Express Vanderbilt on West End. is 100 yards from Vandy's stadium. Nice place to stay for cheap.

Would you drive this or fly? If you were going to drive, I think a road trip together would be epic. :sexywink: :

a drive would be nice but depends on a few things however it is only 4 hr drive from home so I may very well be driving.

I used to live in Nashville. The Holiday Inn Express Vanderbilt on West End. is 100 yards from Vandy's stadium. Nice place to stay for cheap.

sweet thanks. I think I will reserve now. I don't see the Holiday Inn Express just the Holiday Inn. With that said, I went ahead and reserved a room at the Marriott at Vanderbelt. Not cheap but not too expensive. https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bnaav-nashville-marriott-at-vanderbilt-university/

Just call Holiday Inn Select - Vanderbilt. The back of its parking lot is the stadium's open end. Perfect to listen to sound check.

Yeah, the Marriott isn't that bad with AAA. I reserved a room from 7/1-7/3.

I wish they would go ahead and announce this and Baltimore. I may have to make a choice between these two :reject:

I also booked for those same dates with my AAA.

I will probably stick with Nashville and Baltimore and most likely will be dropping Anaheim.

The Holiday Inn Select was a bit more expensive than the Marriott. I personally don't care about the sound check. :) I am just excited to go to NashVegas! :love:

I think alot of this has to do with Vanderbilt's renovation. They are installing FIELD TURF in July, and the $$$$ from the concerts will help pay for the installation

LP Field is probably too big as well

That makes sense as Carter-Finley in Raleigh got new grass this summer that was paid for by the U2 concert last October.

This is pretty exciting news! I'm moving to Nashville in late June, so this will be perfect timing.

Oh, and I stayed at the Vanderbilt Marriott in August. It's right beside the Vanderbilt stadium and would be extremely convenient for the concert.

I have friends who live 45 minutes from Nashville. This is very tempting...

As if I don't have tickets to enough shows already. :doh:

This looks like its pretty much a sure thing now. Anouncement according to the following article will be on Monday.

Press Conference to Announce ‘Biggest Musical Event Coming to Nashville in Years’ Monday at Vanderbilt [It's U2, Y'all] | Nashville Cream

Yes, that's the same article as the first post ;)

I'm thrilled about this because I actually pre-planned this one based on the date... I was already in the US for the East Lansing/Chicago shows, so this is perfect!

a drive would be nice but depends on a few things however it is only 4 hr drive from home so I may very well be driving.

:ohmy: Then you're not going to want to road trip with me. :no: Nashvegas is about a 10hr drive for me. I think flying ILM to Nashville would be a smarter option, when you consider time & the money for gas.

I'm so torn at this point. I would happily give up my two Anaheim shows for Nashville & Baltimore - which would be much cheaper options for us - but if Dublin dates are announced, I'd just keep the CA shows. :gah: I hate this waiting game. :grumpy:

watch the presale for my group will start while I am on my flight back from Raleigh on Wednesday! :angry:

Don't panic hon.

The usual way these things go is official announce Tuesday (from U2.com at least) and then first presale on THURSDAY.

Don't panic if you see Ticketmaster tell you the presale starts Wednesday, I've seen them do this for both Pittsburgh and Winnipeg, and when U2.com actually announces, it's always been THURSDAY and Ticketmaster corrects.

Deep breaths!

Also, they have been doing Horizon/Breathe/Boots/Magnificent all on the same day, but no one I know got locked out of GAs for any of those... small market like Nashville you should be OK hon. It would be akin to the market/stadium size up in Winnipeg.

/PositiveEdgeFest at your service :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom