July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Okay after the initial shock of U2 giving Finland the cold shoulder, yet again, :angry: I decided that Berlin would be the next best venue to attend. I contacted my U2 concert going buddy and she agreed that Berlin would be perfect. Keeping fingers crossed that we get GA tickets. :hyper:

Anyone else thinking about going to the Berlin gig? :wave:

Okay after the initial shock of U2 giving Finland the cold shoulder, yet again, :angry: I decided that Berlin would be the next best venue to attend. I contacted my U2 concert going buddy and she agreed that Berlin would be perfect. Keeping fingers crossed that we get GA tickets. :hyper:

Anyone else thinking about going to the Berlin gig? :wave:

Im looking to do Berlin as well. Been there for Radiohead gig in the Wulheide (? sry spelling), was great. The whole city is so cool...

So hopefully after getting tickets to the Berlin show I'm planning on traveling from Finland to Berlin via Bremen and would like to travel by train. Could anyone give me an idea of how much a train ticket from Bremen to Berlin would cost? This kind of specific info is very hard to find on the internet unless you know where to look! Thanks!!

So hopefully after getting tickets to the Berlin show I'm planning on traveling from Finland to Berlin via Bremen and would like to travel by train. Could anyone give me an idea of how much a train ticket from Bremen to Berlin would cost? This kind of specific info is very hard to find on the internet unless you know where to look! Thanks!!

:wave: I'll try to get tickets too!

You should try to get one of those special tickets...they cost 50€ or 25€. Last week I saw a lot of them from Hamburg to Berlin. I think you should try the Hamburg-Berlin connection. ... the trains leave Hamburg every hour or so...

:wave: I'll try to get tickets too!

You should try to get one of those special tickets...they cost 50€ or 25€. Last week I saw a lot of them from Hamburg to Berlin. I think you should try the Hamburg-Berlin connection. ... the trains leave Hamburg every hour or so...

The reason why I'm traveling through Bremen is coz my fight from Finland, that I'm planning on taking, lands in Bremen. So thanks for the info, I'll check it out when I get back home! :up:

The reason why I'm traveling through Bremen is coz my fight from Finland, that I'm planning on taking, lands in Bremen. So thanks for the info, I'll check it out when I get back home! :up:

Oh, and I live next to a train station, and I go there every day, so if you have problems with finding a good connection, I could ask that for you. I mean, I waste so much time every day with just waiting there...:shrug:

I've been checking the prices of the trains from Bremen to Berlin and it's looking like it might be cheaper to fly directly to Berlin! I was thinking of going by Ryanair, cheapest flight available from Finland to Germany @ under 20 euros! But if it's gonna cost me 160 euros by train to get to Berlin and back then, I'd be better off going by one of the more expensive flights and save myselft the hassle of having to catch trains! :shrug:

Hey just a quick question for our German speaking friends, when the pre-sale starts and I wanna buy GA tickets, is my assumption that German for GA i.e. general admission is 'Stehplatz' or is the another term I should be looking out for? :hmm:

Hey just a quick question for our German speaking friends, when the pre-sale starts and I wanna buy GA tickets, is my assumption that German for GA i.e. general admission is 'Stehplatz' or is the another term I should be looking out for? :hmm:

Correct

Stehplatz ("stand place") = GA

I'm Scottish but due to Hampden being the worst stadium venue for any concert ever (it's a low stadium in a shallow bowl so the sound just echoes then leaves) , my gf and me have booked up for Berlin (it's a weekend away for £270)...hopefully the pre-sale goes well and we get GA.

The two problems being, I know absolutely no German, and I'm staying right in the centre of Berlin, is it easy to get to the stadium? I looks a pretty straight route on google maps but it's 13.3 km. What's the public transport like.

popshopper, me and my girlfriend are thinking about heading to Berlin for the concert as well. Travelling from Edinburgh and probably staying at one of the Ibis hotels. That's if we can get tickets.....

We don't speak any German either so any tips would be greatly appreciated...

popshopper, me and my girlfriend are thinking about heading to Berlin for the concert as well. Travelling from Edinburgh and probably staying at one of the Ibis hotels. That's if we can get tickets.....

We don't speak any German either so any tips would be greatly appreciated...

We're flying out on the 17th and flying back on Sunday via Ryanair, and staying in Alexanderplatz (which is near the centre according to google map)

Still hoping to go to Hampden as well, but we'll be braving the public sale and using the presale for Berlin.

Do any of our German friends know what the website is going to be for the ticket sale. I was thinking of registering an account early if possible to make things easier on the day.

We're flying out on the 17th and flying back on Sunday via Ryanair, and staying in Alexanderplatz (which is near the centre according to google map)
Do any of our German friends know what the website is going to be for the ticket sale. I was thinking of registering an account early if possible to make things easier on the day.

I've been told on U2.com is the most likely wesite is Evetim.com and I registered there the other day:

Tickets & Konzertkarten - Konzerte Musicals Events - Eventim

And it looks like if you pay a 4€ booking fee you'll be first in line to buy tikcets when they go on sale on to the general public on the 27.3.

As for traveling around Berlin then I would say the Berlin Tourist info site would be the best place:

http://www.visitberlin.de/english/berlin-infos/e_bi_anreise.php

Hope this helps!

Found the address to the Olympic Stadium it's:
Olympia-Stadion
Olympischer Platz 3, Charlottenburg

There also an underground train station near the Olympic Stadium, that's one of things I'm looking forward to, seeing the sign for Zoo Station on the Berlin underground! :wink:

News about the second German date (Gelsenkirchen):

U2tour.de is reporting that there have been problems with the exact date of the concert because there will be a German league football game the following weekend and there have been concerns that the stage could not be deconstructed in time for that game. They say there WILL be a show in Gelsenkirchen, they are only discussing scheduling now, it will be August 3 or 4, a press conference will be held on March 19. :pray:

Exactly. I don't know why they couldn't work this issue out before they announced the date. Announcing the date and then taking it off the list again is a bit akward.

I think they came up with the dates 10min before they should have been announced. This stadium is used for nothing but football...

Um, ok, but couldn't they find one other German stadium besides Berlin? Honestly, I'm very frustrated that there is no concert in Vienna, but I'm even more frustrated that there might be only one show in Germany.

Munich would have been a fair option, cause there will are no shows in Austria and Switzerland...:shrug:
I don't know why they'll play this stadium for the second time. I heard the sound was really bad the last time.

^ I don't know, I was there, sound wasn't any worse than in other stadiums. I thought the sound at the Vienna concert was worse. I guess it depends where in the stadium you sit or stand.

Yes, Munich would have been great, and bigger.

Hey, I'm from Bavaria. It really suck that they don't play in Munich. I don't know where to go. Gelsenkirchen which is unfortunatelly Monday or Tuesday or Berlin.
It is so expensive to go there. Incl. the Hotel. Just for one concert... :ohmy:
Help!!

Does anyone know if there is a tour in 2010 where they may play concerts in Munich or somewhere near?

Hey, I'm from Bavaria. It really suck that they don't play in Munich. I don't know where to go. Gelsenkirchen which is unfortunatelly Monday or Tuesday or Berlin.
It is so expensive to go there. Incl. the Hotel. Just for one concert... :ohmy:
Help!!

Does anyone know if there is a tour in 2010 where they may play concerts in Munich or somewhere near?

The tour will continue in 2010, hopefully with more European concerts, including Munich and Vienna.

U2tour.de is reporting that there have been problems with the exact date of the concert because there will be a German league football game the following weekend and there have been concerns that the stage could not be deconstructed in time for that game. They say there WILL be a show in Gelsenkirchen, they are only discussing scheduling now, it will be August 3 or 4, a press conference will be held on March 19. :pray:

If this is true, why is there any debate about holding the concert on August 3rd? Wouldn't that give the U2 crew an extra day to tear down the stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom