July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as I mentioned earlier in this thread, my friend and I will be staying at the Hotel Askanicsher Hof that's on Kurfürstendamm, so somewhere that's easy to get by either walking or/and U-Bahn would be ideal! :yes:

You are located very well. :) I think a bunch of the others will be somewhere around Alexanderplatz, and then quite a few in your area. So the Irish Pub Silvia knows as well might be a nice option. The other two, one right behind the Memorial Church and one at the Hackeschen Höfe, are too expensive, much too crowded and hence much too noisy for my liking. Guess that's a decent place for a nice little round the night before the show.

Fine by me, just let me know the name of the pub and which street it's on, or maybe Silvia, if you're staying at a hotel near me, we could meet up before hand and go together?! By the way, your ticket is on it's way! :D

Fine by me, just let me know the name of the pub and which street it's on, or maybe Silvia, if you're staying at a hotel near me, we could meet up before hand and go together?! By the way, your ticket is on it's way! :D

:hyper:

Thank you so much! :D

And thanks for reminding me that I have to book a hotel. I'll try to get the one near Kurfuerstendamm, where I stayed last year.

My berlin and gelsenkirchen tickets arrived today (finally)! :up:

The pub near Kurfürstendamm looks great! and it's very easy to find. :D

I booked a flight to Berlin (friday 17th) and I think I'll arrive the inner city at 21.00!
Now I need this :censored: train ticket for sunday...I try to buy it at the station tomorrow.:pray:

Ok :wink:

I booked a hotel this morning. It's the same one I stayed in last summer. It's very close to Savignyplatz and Kurfuerstendamm. I think it's not a bad choice.

So, Snow Patrol will open the show. As they will do in Gelsenkirchen.

Thanks for the info Leif! :wave: Although I have heard of them but I don't think I've ever heard any of their songs, so it should be an interesting experience!! :up:

Just think that it's only 5 weeks and 5 days till we get to U2 live in concert?!? :applaud: Oh yeah, I'm counting down the days!! :wink:

Hi

I'm not sure if the moderators would like to see a second thread for Berlin here, so I will first put it in here again:
As the concert is only one month from now (yes, even less, couldn't get home earlier) I just wanted to mention that a meeting up the night before was planned.
The location was set to be this nice little Irish Pub: Irish Harp Pub - Berlin-Charlottenburg | Fussball Pub, Football, Pub Sports, Live, Musik, Music, Bier, Cold Beer, Warm Hearts, Quiz, WM-Bar located in the heart of Charlottenburg near Kurfuerstendamm and Savignyplatz. You can get there by subway (U7 to Adenauerplatz and then a little walk), from the Ku'damm or by S-Bahn (S5, S7, S75 and S9 to Charlottenburg and a little walk). There is also a link to Google Maps on the page under Location.
Anna and me won't arrive before 9pm, but maybe we could set the meeting time at 8 or 8.30. Though that's up to everyone who wants to show up.

:wave:

Ah, I'm afraid I can't join the U2-party friday night ... it truly sounds great. I'm flying in Saturday morning, quickly going to the hotel and then heading for the stadium - how early will you be queing? Do you know if there will be more than one entrance?

Oh, my, oh, my - can't wait :drool: :hyper:

Unfortunately I can't tell you much. The stadium has lots of entrances, but I don't know which and how many will be open for entrance. I guess for GA the south entrance will be open. Here is the map of the venue: U2TOUR.DE - Photo

Queuing up is another good question. It's the first show for me. I'm not sure how early you would have to be there in order to get to the front.

From what I remember from 2005, there were two GA entrances. One that was where the olympic "pillars" are, which is a big place where the GA people gathered. The other one was on the side and you had to run pratically around 1/2 the stadium when you chose to go through that one.

As for time, I'd say midday/early afternoon is a good time to get up front. However, it depends on what system they'll be using for GA tickets, it it's lottery (which we don't hope), or simply "first come, first served".

As for time, I'd say midday/early afternoon is a good time to get up front. However, it depends on what system they'll be using for GA tickets, it it's lottery (which we don't hope), or simply "first come, first served".

I think first come first served. Or maybe they'll hand out some wristbands but in the end those who are queuing all day will be the first. That was done at the pinkpop festival in holland this year...a bit unfair cause they opened the gates at some random time and so many people left the ground because they thought they will be let in first anyway.

Yeah, I agree that around mid-day after lunch would be the best time to go queue at the venue, I don't think my system could stand going to the stadium first thing in the morning and having to wait all day! :crack: And also us all going together and arriving at the same time would be the best plan, that way we can all go to the same gate and hold our companions place in the queue if she/he needs to use the facilities! :yes:

So looking forward tomeeting my fellow interferencerers on Friday night, it's gonna be a blast! :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom