July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yes, do so. I know the tribunes in the Olympiastadion.

Btw, Anna do you plan to arrive in Berlin on Friday? Because if we all arrive on Friday, we all could/should meet up on Friday evening, how about that.

Yes, pretty much. At least in Berlin. As you can see here: http://www.olympiastadion-berlin.de/uploads/pics/Bloecke_72dpi_01.jpg block 38.2 is in the far Eastern corner. So if the stage is located more to the West you are pretty far away. Worse in Berlin even, since being an Olympic stadium you have quite some space in between the field and the blocks.

The Erdgas Tribüne (natural gas gallery) belongs to Gazprom. Pretty much tight bastard. ;) Pretty much the same as in Berlin location wise.
You might want to bring binoculars.

Jaysus, now *that* must be a world record for distance from a stage alright! I'll think I'll bring two pairs of binoculars :)

I've been to the Olympic Stadium before, to see Hertha Berlin play a footie match (in 2006, before the World Cup final - they lost 2-0 against Steau Bucharest I think). It's a massive, massive stadium.

I'm not so bothered with the shit seats as I also have a ticket for Gelsenkirchen and both London shows. I got three cheapie seats for Cardiff but I can't go now because of a clash with a friend's wedding so I'm gonna try to swap them for similar seats in Sheffield, Glasgow and Dublin.

Btw, Anna do you plan to arrive in Berlin on Friday? Because if we all arrive on Friday, we all could/should meet up on Friday evening, how about that.

Yeah, I'm flying in from London on the Friday too, so if youse are going for big beers and German sausages then count me in please!

I don't know yet. But I'll try to get one of those cheap train tickets to Berlin. But I think if I buy it early enough, I'll be able to find a ticket for friday. :up:

So, who's going to Berlin now? :D

Jaysus, now *that* must be a world record for distance from a stage alright! I'll think I'll bring two pairs of binoculars :)

I've been to the Olympic Stadium before, to see Hertha Berlin play a footie match (in 2006, before the World Cup final - they lost 2-0 against Steau Bucharest I think). It's a massive, massive stadium.

I'm not so bothered with the shit seats as I also have a ticket for Gelsenkirchen and both London shows. I got three cheapie seats for Cardiff but I can't go now because of a clash with a friend's wedding so I'm gonna try to swap them for similar seats in Sheffield, Glasgow and Dublin.

Yeah those seats in this section are not the best. They also offered me those all time and it took me more than 3 hours to find a seat which on the other side (left). I think were only very few. But still better than nothing... :shrug:

I am SOOO jealous of everyone that is going to make it to this show! :drool: I briefly visited the stadium in '02 and they had already started renovating for the 2006 world cup and so it was all closed off. I only saw it from the bell tower. and I took a pic of Jesse Owens allee sign:D

You will be to the right of the screen. Yeah, it's quite a distance. The stadium was one of the "Prunkbauten" (buildings of pomposity) of the Nazi regime, hence it's so massive.

I think we will be quite a bunch for Friday night. Have to think of where to go best. Beer and sausages will be available, however.

Train tickets for Friday should be available. :)

Hey, my friend Hanna and I have finally agreed about which hotel we'll be staying at in Berlin, it's the Hotel Askanicsher Hof, where she has stayed at before and says it's near the Olympic stadium and near all the public transport and other sights of the city. :hyper:

I suggest that we all meet up at the nearest Irish pub, that's if you have Irish pubs in Germany! I'm not a great beer drinker but I'm very partial to Guinness! But I loooove sausage's, we Finns love our sausage's too!! :wink:

Wow, Helen, I know that hotel. It's a historically interesting place. It's on the Kurfuerstendamm, very central. There are a lot of pubs and bars there. I'll try to get myself a room as well within the next days. Can't wait :hyper:

I went with Silvia to an Irish pub in that area. Was decent.
We have quite a few Irish pubs in Berlin, but some are too touristy. That means full as hell, ridiculously expensive and not really Irish for my feeling.
Sausages you will find everywhere. Though I'm not such a great fan of Berliner Currywurst, to be honest.
I guess the people will be pretty much spread out throughout the city. Quite a few are staying somewhere around Alexanderplatz from what I have gathered, others more close to the stadium. But it's all connected very well by the S-Bahn. I'm sure we will find some great place.

^ Yeah, Leif, I was also thinking about the pub we went to, I thought it was ok, especially since we could sit outside in the garden, which would, of course, be great if it's a warm summer day. Let's hope for good weather anyway, U2's last Berlin concert in 2005 wasn't so great, wheather-wise, but nothing can be compared to the 2005 Munich show, I was totally sick after that, wet experience. :|

Btw, I don't mind going anywhere by public transport in Berlin. I'm sure we'll find a good place that is ok for everyone.

Let's hope for an amazing summer once again. We could really need it.

Guinness is served in many places, so we will definitely find something.

eventim now charged my credit card. Soon they should tell me they sent the tickets. :drool:

Don't worry Leif. None of my tickets have been sent. All accounts say: Payed/Confirmed or Ready for Shipment. Seems to work faster with Ticketmaster in the US.

Yeah, it's just that as long as I don't hold the tickets in my hand I'm feeling a little nervous something might happen. Though on the other hand it's the same here, everything indicates everything's perfect.

Don't make me nervous :uhoh:

I've ordered so many tickets from eventim in recent years, and they all arrived. :D

I'm a little more nervous about my Milan tickets, though TicketOne answered my e-mail very quickly saying they will be shipped soon.

:waiting:

I ordered tickets with them twice and didn't encounter any problems. Both times it took a few days for the tickets to be shipped. But not as long.
However, they charged my account, hence there shouldn't be a problem. I guess they are just pretty busy right now. After all there is quite a bunch of concerts and other events this year.

DHL guy just knocking on door in Prague with tickets for Berlin GA show in his hands!

Booked our hotel as well already... Wish we could book the train now as well! Prague u2 tour crew is well oraganized and ready to rock!

My Gelsenkirchen tickets have been shipped today and will arrive via DHL tomorrow.

Eventim :up:

If only other ticket sites were so reliable.

Just been tracking my tickets for the Berlin show and at 7:17 this morning they were in Tampere (Finland) which is a town some 300 km south west of where I live, which means the tickets should arrive sometime around mid-day or soon after! :hyper:

Oh yeah, bring it one Leif! :applaud: Just name the time and the place, (so long as it's after 19:30 on Friday (17.7.) coz my flight doesn't get in to Berlin until around 18:30 plus I need time to get to my hotel and freshen up! :wink: ) and I'll be there with bells on, and possibly with my friend Hanna if she's up for going out, for a party! :D:cocktail:

I think 8 or 8.30 should be a nice time. Place... let me think about it. Maybe everyone interested could tell me where they are staying and I'll try to work something out that's convenient for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom