July 17th 2011, Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to find anything on their website about the show aside from the ticket sales link. LN should really put out the info for each show/venue by link on the U2.com tours page, it would really help the fans.

on this station they said that the gates will open at 5pm, different reporter talking to same LN guy - basically nothing new, good peek in of the field though.
U2 360 Tour preps begin at Busch Stadium | ksdk.com

They just reported on the 6PM news that you are "allowed"
to start lining up at 7AM Sunday. They also showed that
the team is tearing up all the grass from the whole field,
so they are estimating 8000 people on the field.
Thank God I have Red Zone seats!!

they just reported on the 6pm news that you are "allowed"
to start lining up at 7am sunday. They also showed that
the team is tearing up all the grass from the whole field,
so they are estimating 8000 people on the field.
Thank god i have red zone seats!!

:d

I'm psyched; however, as a Cards fan, there is something kinda sad about seeing the grass being ripped up...okay, I'm over that now...bring on the claw!!!:hyper:

Busch Stadium doesn't have a great deal of experience with concerts, so this GA experience could go either way, really well, or royally screwed up. But I can almost guarantee they won't want people camping out overnight. They already have enough of a problem with that downtown even when there isn't an event. At least there are no storms in the forecast. Storms have been known to get pretty wicked around here this season. You can fight the heat, but tornadic thunderstorms would cancel the show.

I'm starting to wonder if that rather large arch behind Busch Stadium might inspire the band to play some selections from . . . . nah.

U2.jpg

Just got the skinny from the brass at Busch Stadium..the line will begin forming at 7am on Sunday. Nobody will be allowed to line up any earlier than that. Not nobody, not no how! You will be told to leave. It is somewhat of a confined area and police and security will strictly enforce this rule. And they will, folks. St. Louis police are notorious for having no sense of humor. (But having lived here for as long as I have, I can't really blame them.) Further, any lists or numbering systems that might be attempted the night before will not be honored Sunday morning. See ya' at seven! and not before!

Hmmm, I was afraid this would be the party line of Busch. Hasn't this been the general policy of a lot of other stadiums, yet GA ticketholders were still able to organize themselves somehow the night before (via a list) and managed to get the stadium workers to honor the line up? Maybe some of the experienced GA folks on here could shine a little light on this and what could be done with this show...I just don't want to deal with a mad rush at 7AM!

You said people camped out across the street for Cardinals tickets...probably there, then, for a line. (& tell me where to find it!)

progress being made at Busch Stadium :applaud::applaud:now if the Mother Nature could just make the weather a little better!!

Buschjuly12.jpg

Great photo cash35! Rosephile, yeah, it's an annual tradition for the Cardinal diehards. Here's a news article about some of these folks: St. Louis Cardinals fans camp out for opening day | ksdk.com

I mean, if these folks are permitted to camp out, then why not the U2 GA crazies? I'll try calling Busch Stadium tomorrow and see if they're sticking to what they told Sledge2011. Maybe U2 security will come in and fill them in on how all of this GA business typically goes down...

Great photo cash35! Rosephile, yeah, it's an annual tradition for the Cardinal diehards. Here's a news article about some of these folks: St. Louis Cardinals fans camp out for opening day | ksdk.com

I mean, if these folks are permitted to camp out, then why not the U2 GA crazies? I'll try calling Busch Stadium tomorrow and see if they're sticking to what they told Sledge2011. Maybe U2 security will come in and fill them in on how all of this GA business typically goes down...

So I'll look for that building then, haha. Is that the actual stadium their tents are in front of (1st video)? Is a sidewalk automatically public property? Heh. This might all be moot anyway--if it's really pushing 100 degrees, I probably won't be coming at night nor at 7am. More like 3-4pm. :/

No, it looks like those folks were on the sidewalk across the street from the Stadium, probably on S. 8th street in front of the Metrolink station.

Fyi, I found this news story on the construction of the stage. At the end, it says that the GA line will be starting at the Clark Street side of the Stadium.
Busch Stadium Being Transformed for U2 Concert - KPLR

Right in front of the beautiful, non-existent Ballpark Village!

No, it looks like those folks were on the sidewalk across the street from the Stadium, probably on S. 8th street in front of the Metrolink station.

Fyi, I found this news story on the construction of the stage. At the end, it says that the GA line will be starting at the Clark Street side of the Stadium.
Busch Stadium Being Transformed for U2 Concert - KPLR

Right in front of the beautiful, non-existent Ballpark Village!

At least they finally filled up the gaping hole and removed the fence! It's a lot better than it was, but you're right, it's a big embarrasment for the city.

You didn't like the big gaping hole??? Typical business men-all talk about what they are gonna do and build, but no action. I don't think they ever planned on building Ballpark Village. I was just another con to get taxpaper money out of the city and state.

At least they finally filled up the gaping hole and removed the fence! It's a lot better than it was, but you're right, it's a big embarrasment for the city.

cash35 said:
You didn't like the big gaping hole??? Typical business men-all talk about what they are gonna do and build, but no action. I don't think they ever planned on building Ballpark Village. I was just another con to get taxpaper money out of the city and state.
but we did get a really pimp ballpark out of the deal... :wink:

hoagiedog said:
I'm a little obsessed with this webcam by the way...:hyper:

Me too! Can't stop checking! I am pretty much obsessed with all things U2 at this point. I think my wife is organizing an intervention.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom