July 17th 2011, Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just thought I would add my voice to this thread that should be getting louder in a few days! 1 week to go! U2 at busch stadium!! Woo hoo! My first u2 show was actually at the old busch stadium for zootv oh so long ago...I'll be ga for this one. Does anyone know if there will be some fan-coordinated ga line organizing at this one?? Or if camping is allowed at busch? My anxiety is now elevating...

I have no idea about the line up - I know GA Joe isn't going, he has Toronto listed after MTL and then Moncton, nothing in between. (Hope it is Brad who was there in Seattle, he did a fabulous job. but I'm not sure what shows he has left either) I'm sure there is going to be a fan running the GA, when isn't there?

I'm not GA for this one, but if I hear anything at all about it for this show by forum or twitter, I'll post it in here for those of you who are.

amazing how little news there is regarding this show. I've been checking in on 4 forums and theres been so little discussion about it.

I know! I've been checking almost everyday. Maybe the chatter will increase in the days to come. Y'all shout if you hear anything! I really can't wait to see that 360 stage with that ol arch in the background! :)

Yup! The arch will be nicely visible for those sitting/standing facing the "front" of the stage! It should make for great pictures!

going....maybe

I have no idea about the line up - I know GA Joe isn't going, he has Toronto listed after MTL and then Moncton, nothing in between. (Hope it is Brad who was there in Seattle, he did a fabulous job. but I'm not sure what shows he has left either) I'm sure there is going to be a fan running the GA, when isn't there?

I'm not GA for this one, but if I hear anything at all about it for this show by forum or twitter, I'll post it in here for those of you who are.

amazing how little news there is regarding this show. I've been checking in on 4 forums and theres been so little discussion about it.

I ordered GA tickets for this show after I went to Denver. I live by Chicago, so I would be driving. However, I just don't know if I want to do it now. I've been thinking tonight about it. It will be hot, hot, hot. Not sure if I can do a GA thing again, and that's what they friend I would be taking wants to do. I'm temporarily undecided.

We'll be able to see the Arch in the background?! Oooo.
kinda like this:
U2_BuschStadium-Straight-On.JPG

and this is what the skyline actually looks like from the field...
IMG_1703e.JPG

so stoked about this show... and getting really anxious about the line stuff too! We live two hours away, and I will have my son with me so I am trying to figure out when to make the leap... considering showing up Saturday night and getting in line if there is one, or finding a "safe" place to sleep in the car for a few hours so we can be out there at daylight, or whenever they start letting fans line up... I am a mess! :hyper:

We listened to the Montreal live feed last night- it was amazing.... goosebumps and tears... and that was just audio! from a thousand+ miles away! :nerd:

Those are gorgeous pictures :)
I'm not looking forward to how hot its going to be (I'm used to the 25c/77f dry heat of northern alberta in the summer. I am a winter person, the colder the better for me, lol.)
I've seen that there could be rain and thunder that day too, love how no 2 weather forcasts for the same area aren't the same. one bonus, if we do get some rain, not only will it cool it down a bit BUT we'll get a few different song snippets :applaud:

I'm so excited to see the stadium too! It looks beautiful! This is going to be my first time in a baseball stadium since I saw a Mariners game in the Kingdome (the week before the tiles started falling from the roof). I've watched so many baseball games from there it will be really neat to be inside.

Dry heat for the win! <3 I met a crazy lady from Galveston, Texas who loved humid heat and hated dry heat. Hence me calling her crazy. She didn't like how in dry heat your skin was dry...um, 'cause you're not SWEATING? Put on some lotion, it's not hard. :p

Weather Channel is listing Sunday's weather as High of 90, humidity 68%, which is pretty good for the STL near the end of July. Night time low of 72, so it should be a good night.
I'm sure that will change quite a few times over the week.

Those are gorgeous pictures :)
I'm not looking forward to how hot its going to be (I'm used to the 25c/77f dry heat of northern alberta in the summer. I am a winter person, the colder the better for me, lol.)
I've seen that there could be rain and thunder that day too, love how no 2 weather forcasts for the same area aren't the same. one bonus, if we do get some rain, not only will it cool it down a bit BUT we'll get a few different song snippets :applaud:

I'm so excited to see the stadium too! It looks beautiful! This is going to be my first time in a baseball stadium since I saw a Mariners game in the Kingdome (the week before the tiles started falling from the roof). I've watched so many baseball games from there it will be really neat to be inside.

Thanks witsa! it really is a beautiful stadium and it is only about five years old. July in Missouri (sometimes called 'misery') can be atrocious...
as for the forecast a week out, it is a crap shoot... I think it changes by the hour. Fortunately you have seats so you can avoid the brunt of the weather.
It is going to be awesome....

it's dangerously hot out there today, hopefully we will get some luck on sunday

so I finished packing and I had to start over - realized that St Louis, NY & Pitts in July will not be requiring any 'keep me warm' style clothes that I`m used to for the evenings here. sure made it easier, and I may be able to manage the carry on size suitcase rather than the full size (and eliminating the baggage fees :applaud:) remembered to throw in a rain poncho too, just in case.

just curious - are the mosquitoes bad in St Louis this time of year? We've got some nasty monster sized ones in Edmonton right now, so I`m hopeful it won`t be as bad there.

to mosquitoes can be bad in St. Louis, but it varies based on where you're at. If you're out in the rural areas, Forest Park, the river, yeah they can be really bad. For some reason though I have never had a problem with skeeters at the stadium (I was just there 3 weeks ago) and those buggers generally like me and my blood.

yeah in the city where the stadium is you wont have problems with mosquitoes. when you leave the city is when they start to become a nuisance.

Good find Witsa! Those videos just added to my already extreme high level of excitement (for the show) and anxiety (for the GA line)! Anyone have a clue as to whether or not camping will be allowed? I know people are allowed to camp across from the stadium when Cardinals tickets go on sale at the start of the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom