July 16th, 17th, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jean Drapeau Park would be awesome! But, while it would physically be a good size for the claw, would the seating capacity be enough to warrant that size of a production?

Jean Drapeau Park would be awesome! But, while it would physically be a good size for the claw, would the seating capacity be enough to warrant that size of a production?

Radiohead played to about 35K, with room to spare. They might be able to get 40K people in there :hmm:

The issue with Olympic Stadium is that the claw might not actually fit in there, the sound is terrible (Pink Floyd is still echoing around the rafters from the 70s), and they can't open the roof.

Oh...and
U2 IN MONTREAL BABY
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Molson Stadium? No way. That's a 20,000-seat stadium and it's in a residential area where I can see people not being too happy at the thought of a loud concert. Come to think of it, there hasn't really been any concerts there that I can recall.

Parc Jean Drapeau is unlikely, at best. It will be at the Olympic Stadium, and as they did at New Cowboys Stadium, they'll adjust the stage to fit under the roof.

Molson Stadium? No way. That's a 20,000-seat stadium and it's in a residential area where I can see people not being too happy at the thought of a loud concert. Come to think of it, there hasn't really been any concerts there that I can recall.

Parc Jean Drapeau is unlikely, at best. It will be at the Olympic Stadium, and as they did at New Cowboys Stadium, they'll adjust the stage to fit under the roof.

Is the roof even an issue? Wiki says it's 52m/170ft; that's a lot higher than the Cowboys scoreboard.

Yeah, I guess the big o is still the most likely candidate. There are really no realistic alternatives with a similar capacity. At least the crowd will sound good.... :D

Hey, Mike, I've heard rumblings of a possible Arcade Fire release sometime next year. How amazing would it be to hear them open for U2 again? :drool:

Oh yeah I remember hearing that they were recording this year. Well, if I see Win eating perogies anytime soon I'll ask him I guess…

That Streets > Wake Up intro was surreal!

so really, why couldn't they confirm the venue if they have already confirmed the date?
I know eh, it's so annoying, Toronto presale starts tomorrow and I don't know if I want to go to that show or the one in Montreal... knowing the venue in Montreal would help my decision...
On one hand, I know Toronto better, I've been to the Rogers Centre twice before (once for a baseball game, and last month for U2), and it's easier for me to get to Toronto...
On the other hand, I've been to Montreal only twice (U2 in 2005 and 2 Habs' games last year) and I've never actually done the tourist thing there so it would be nice to see some more of Montreal...
I don't know what to do! :confused:

I know eh, it's so annoying, Toronto presale starts tomorrow and I don't know if I want to go to that show or the one in Montreal... knowing the venue in Montreal would help my decision...
On one hand, I know Toronto better, I've been to the Rogers Centre twice before (once for a baseball game, and last month for U2), and it's easier for me to get to Toronto...
On the other hand, I've been to Montreal only twice (U2 in 2005 and 2 Habs' games last year) and I've never actually done the tourist thing there so it would be nice to see some more of Montreal...
I don't know what to do! :confused:

well now, go to TO for the better venue, and go to Montreal for the better crowd and afterparty

well now, go to TO for the better venue, and go to Montreal for the better crowd and afterparty
I wish! If only there wasn't 2 weeks between the 2 shows, I might be able to do that... :sad: A person only has so much money and vacation time, you know!

Hurray for Monteal! And hurray that the show isn't in the middle of freezing cold winter (a la Vertigo). The TBA status on the venue is interesting... I can't see them playing this show in an open field such as Parc Jean Drapeau, but who knows!!!

Yeah, I hold out hope that the TBA status might give us an alternative to the Olympic Stadium, but probably not. To be honest, though, the sound would be an issue for me if I had seated tickets but in GA close enough to the outer rail you really don't give a crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom