July 16th, 17th, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is really unusual. I mean, to hold a press conference to announce a venue? Have any other cities had an announcement of this nature?

This leads me to believe that the venue will not be the Olympic Stadium, because that would be the logical choice, and wouldn't merit a press conference. I could be wrong, however.

Montreal details for U2 show coming Monday
By T'Cha Dunlevy, Gazette Music Critic, November 13, 2009 4:38 PM

2219226.bin

Promoter Gillett Entertainment Group has called a press conference for Monday to release the band’s Montreal 2010 summer date and venue. Shown here, Bono, singer of rock band U2 on stage in Germany, August, 2009.

Photograph by: CLEMENS BILAN , AFP/Getty Images

Montreal is one step closer to seeing U2 perform on July 16, 2010. Promoter Gillett Entertainment Group has called a press conference for Monday morning concerning the band’s 360 stadium tour. The band’s web site has had Montreal listed next to the July 16 date for several weeks, with venue TBA. It is expected that the venue will be revealed on Monday, along with ticket information. Likely venue candidates include Jean Drapeau Park, Blue Bonnets or perhaps the Olympic Stadium.

Somebody please start the "guess the venue" poll thread and let's see how many of us get it right for Monday. I'm praying for the Olympic Stadium. However, it is Friday the 13th and I'm expecting the worse news already. Press conference will mention U2 is very interested in playing Montreal, but the venues in the city do not meet "stadium tour" requirements. Being pessimistic and I hope I am sincerely wrong! :doh:

I think this is really unusual. I mean, to hold a press conference to announce a venue? Have any other cities had an announcement of this nature?

The promoter held a press conference for Gelsenkirchen in March.

Gelsenkirchen was included in the original 2009 tour announcement, then quietly removed from the itinerary, then the press conference was held a couple of weeks later to re-confirm it. No details were actually changed from what was initially in the itinerary.

Sometimes bad weather adds a new dimension to a show that makes it unique, memorable, and a lot of fun.
Sometimes pyschoactive drugs do too, speaking of that show......

The fireworks were definitely even more appreciated than normal :lol:

I hope so and hoping for two nights! If I do this show it means 2 more days of vacation time, so 2 shows on the weekend make it better :)

There won't be two nights, even more so if it's a festival. U2 has to be in Jersey two nights later and they gotta drive their trucks (the universal ones) thru Check Points and whatnot. I don't see them doing two nights.

SMB

There won't be two nights, even more so if it's a festival. U2 has to be in Jersey two nights later and they gotta drive their trucks (the universal ones) thru Check Points and whatnot. I don't see them doing two nights.

SMB

I agree, they seem to need at least two nights between cities on this tour so Montreal will be just one show.

Maybe they'll announce the roof in the Big O is being replaced and U2 will sneak in during the reno

If a second Philly show is not added, and the Montreal show (wherever it is) sells out exceptionally fast, then I can see them adding a date on July 15, giving them the requisite time between Philadelphia and Montreal. It's not like they haven't done that before.

There were several N.A. dates on Leg 2 that only had 1 night between them.

2 night in Montreal is completely possible.

:zen:

Positive thoughts everyone!

Anything is always possible, but it's unlikely! Montreal has never gotten a second show before on any U2 stadium tour, I don't think they will break that pattern with this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom