July 16th, 17th, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HIPPODROME

is where it will be held

Citi Bank offered a presale link for VIP packages today that includes Montreal and the venue is listed

( i am a card holder , never saw the email . Was tipped of by u2brothr ! Mark )

I just got the VIP packages e-mail through Citicards Private Pass, and the schedule says that it IS the Hippodrome (Blue Bonnets).

Citi® Private Pass – Citibank, Citicards Card Rewards, Live Nation®

Does anyone have any information about this place? I found an article dated Jan. 17/09 saying it was closed, but it was on the 3rd page of Google... � A New Opportunity • Spacing Montreal
Besides that, I read some reviews saying it was run-down, difficult to get to, etc.
I got my tickets for Toronto this morning, maybe I'll just stick with that... :hmm:

Like...the Hippodrome website doesn't even work. Are there horses there? WTF?

It's a field, a race track.

Really looking forward to this interesting venue. I was just at the Woodbine Racetrack last week and thought to myself how cool it would be have a big concert at the tracks. :up:

It's gotta be pretty good because I know places like in Santiago, Chile they've used the Club Hipico which is also a racetrack to host several bands such as Iron maiden and most recent Depeche Mode.

I went to the LA fair-much smaller venue, but it was a racetrack with grandstands. Strange though-they'd have to add on seating all around, not just on the backside of the stage.
I want to go to this show but this makes me a bit leery about how it'll shake down.
we don;t have a presale date yet, do we?

WHAT`S SO SKETCHY ABOUT IT ?

I CAN , RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND , BUY VIP PACKAGE TICKETS FOR THAT SHOW AT THAT VENUE , THROUGH CITI BANK

YOUR PRE SALE CODE IS THE FIRST 6 DIGITS OF YOUR CITI CREDIT CARD ( WHICH I HAVE )

That is what is listed , and they are selling as we speak . Only reason i won`t buy them is the VIP package is seats and not GA

oh that is hilarious , lol

i think u2, live nation etc are jumping the gun and are not ready for all this like they should be . Placeholder sites being leaked , info they don`t want out being leaked etc etc

Live Nation is a publicly traded stock and they are doing this to boost the bottom line as far as gross earnings so they could boost the value of the stock well ahead of the shareholders meeting

Check the link in my previous post for aerial pics of the venue, you boobs. This is a hilarious fiasco.

o my

is it open on the sides? if not , it seems like it will be a cesspool of heat and humidity inside. they have had huge rave parties there in the past

if that is the case , no thanks Montreal.

from Wikipedia :

Bankruptcy and closure

On June 27, 2008, Attractions Hippiques, the operator of Blue Bonnets, was placed into bankruptcy protection. As a direct result all live horse racing was indefinitely suspended at the Montreal track, and its two on site restaurants closed, with only its VLT gambling machines and intertrack wagering still remaining in operation for the next several months. During this period most of the horses and staff had permanently relocated to other cities, which cast serious doubt horse racing would return to Montreal. Initially the courts granted 30 days of protection from its creditors starting in June 2008, however this was extended seven times over a period of sixteen month.

On October 13, 2009, Attractions Hippiques declared bankruptcy and immediately shut down all operations at the Montreal site, laying off all its remaining staff in the process. It is uncertain what the future holds for the site, however it is widely believed the facility as a whole will be demolished, as talks have been afoot among city officials to redevelop the land for housing even before it closed.

also : looks like redevelopment of venue is a plan in the future :

Climans Green Liang Architects: racinos & gaming

This so much exciting as it it hilarious.

I know that this is supposed to be a stadium tour.....but when I saw Radiohead pull off In Rainbows and Jean Drapeau Parc....I was impressed...

Now if I were the world's biggest band and I wanted to play MTL....where would I play?

Clusterfuck indeed!

this is the best aerial photo i can find of hippodrome de montreal

photo_01.jpg

WHAT`S SO SKETCHY ABOUT IT ?

I CAN , RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND , BUY VIP PACKAGE TICKETS FOR THAT SHOW AT THAT VENUE , THROUGH CITI BANK

YOUR PRE SALE CODE IS THE FIRST 6 DIGITS OF YOUR CITI CREDIT CARD ( WHICH I HAVE )

That is what is listed , and they are selling as we speak . Only reason i won`t buy them is the VIP package is seats and not GA
No need to yell using all caps.
It's sketchy because there aren't seats all the way around. It's bascially an open field in an unused ex-horse racing track. So I agree it sounds sketchy. We'd need to see more details like a seating chart, as to how they'd set this up. And it makes me wonder about all the amenities that go with a huge stadium show. Trying to pull off all the vending, restroom facilities, etc etc that such a large show demands. And, in a place which may have been sitting unused for a while. It just seems to leave a lot of room for the whole thing-especially GA, to turn into a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom