July 16, 17, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Bonneau
Looks like some people are starting to show their immature sides

SMB

==============

[Poorly done Irish accent]
Well if I'd known you'd be a baby about it, I'd wouldn'ta bludy bothered!

In trying to come up with a response, lyrics from a master poet came to mind:

-------------------
"I'm not afraid of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard
I'm just trying to find a decent [comedy]
A [joke] that I can [laugh] in my own company

I never thought you were a fool
But darling look at you
You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight
These tears are going nowhere, baby

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it
Don't say that later will be better now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

I will not forsake, the [predictions] that you bring
The nights you filled with [opinions]
They left you with nothing
I am still enchanted by the [lies] you brought to me
I listen through your ears, and through your eyes I can see {in reference to your opinions}

And you are such a fool
To worry like you do
I know it's tough, and you can never get enough
Of what you don't really need now...my oh my

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it
Oh love, look at you now
You've got yourself stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it"
---------------------

I didn't have any malice intent. Just trying to poke a little fun.
Of course it was at your expense, but that's what happens when you throw out a blank check.
Someone is going to cash it in. Just be thankful we didn't empty the bank account.

You shouldn't take things so seriously. Chillax!
Now don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way but it's just my observation.
[If I didn't care, I wouldn't be bothering to say it.]

You seem to be wound up a little tight...an ego thing maybe.
This ego thing has led you to make firm predictions that have not come to light.
Maybe it made you feel good to sound so right and to be in "authority".
You were playing dice and betting big.
Had you been right, it would have been a big stroke to your ego and your head would have just gotten bigger.
But the dices didn't roll your way. Some of us laughed a little and it wounded your ego.

"Is it getting better
Or do you feel the same
Will it make it easier on you now
You got someone to blame"

So when your ego got hurt, you went on the offensive and called someone [we won't name names lol ] "immature".

"Did I disappoint you
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without"

It was good that you were wrong. It gives you a chance to learn from your mistakes.

"You gotta stand up to ego
but your ego´s not really the enemy
it's like a small child crossing an eight lane highway
On a voyage of discovery"

Sometimes you can't always be right. The way we handle a situation might be more important than the situation itself.

"Tough, you think you've got the stuff
You're telling me and anyone
You're hard enough

You don't have to put up a fight
You don't have to always be right
Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight

Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone"

so now go

"Restart and reboot yourself
You’re free to go
Oh, ohhh
Shout for joy if you get the chance"

and just remember

"It's just a moment...and this too shall pass."

No hard feelings?

=====================
Check out my entire recording of Norman, OK show at
www.tiny url.com/U2MONK

:doh: Must not have noticed cuz I never go beyond page 1 of threads.

Too bad people going to Anaheim aren't goint to have anywhere near as much fun as we are going to have in Montreal!!!!!! :lol:

Originally Posted by bort269
damn... I shouldn't have based my return flight of saturday on this post!
facepalm.gif

***runs off to see if I can change my flight to sunday***

===================

Bort269
Don't think you're off the hook. We didn't miss the bigger issue here. The real question is "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING MONTREAL ON A SATURDAY?" That's just criminal. Doesn't Montreal have a law against leaving during party hours? If it doesn't, it should! :lol:
That's like someone leaving at the first encore. :down:

Don't think you're off the hook. We didn't miss the bigger issue here. The real question is "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING MONTREAL ON A SATURDAY?" That's just criminal. Doesn't Montreal have a law against leaving during party hours? If it doesn't, it should! :lol:

I concur with this. Why would ANYONE want to go to Montreal and leave before the weekend really starts?

I have one spot left on my code for this show.....then it's pay back the credit card time.

Bort269

I think I have a pretty valid excuse:

We are expecting our first child in february and I am lucky enough to have a wife that will let me leave thursday night to take the red-eye (there are no nonstops from seattle), bring my godson to his first U2 show, and fly back the next day while she goes to work on friday and takes care of our new baby!

She is letting me do this despite that fact that while I was at the 2 chicago shows earlier this year she ended up in urgent care and had to take a cab because I wasn't there and she was too sick to drive (yeah... I felt pretty horrible even after seeing 'Your Blue Room' perfomed for the first time)!

But don't worry, we both flew to Montreal last month for thanksgiving (since my godson got 2 days off for it) and we had a great 5 days!

I still don't know what I'm going to do. At first I was like no way I can buy tickets to another show. My credit card is really hurting from all the tickets I've bought this past month. But, how can I fly that far and only attend one show. And I still have one code left. And I know second shows are usually better.

I think I have a pretty valid excuse:

We are expecting our first child in february and I am lucky enough to have a wife that will let me leave thursday night to take the red-eye (there are no nonstops from seattle), bring my godson to his first U2 show, and fly back the next day while she goes to work on friday and takes care of our new baby!

She is letting me do this despite that fact that while I was at the 2 chicago shows earlier this year she ended up in urgent care and had to take a cab because I wasn't there and she was too sick to drive (yeah... I felt pretty horrible even after seeing 'Your Blue Room' perfomed for the first time)!

But don't worry, we both flew to Montreal last month for thanksgiving (since my godson got 2 days off for it) and we had a great 5 days!

Marriage is about compromises, and you and your wife seem to have found a great balance. I salute you both.

I concur with this. Why would ANYONE want to go to Montreal and leave before the weekend really starts?

Well, I don't want to leave on Saturday but it looks like that's what's going to happen....I can only leave the kids with grandma for so long, and we already booked 2 nights (Thurs, Fri) so...unless the U2 babysitting fairies magically appear at my house I'll be missing the 2nd show:sad:

If I can toot my wife's horn. She's put up with a lot. When we first started dating, I was on U2 camp out for the 2005 tour. I had to explain to her that I only "go crazy" like this every 4 years. She understood....and even brought me dinner in line.

She allowed me to have my U2 shrine in our house.

And she's not got a problem when I've lined up forever in GA lines or to meet the band. She says that there are many worse things to be addicted to. U2 is a good thing.

That being said, she can't wait for MTL.

This is no different from last week. The geg and u2.com presales are being held at different times and I believe the tickets are being sold from different pools. Based on last week's performance, there are lots of tickets they will offload in the geg sale tomorrow. chances are good if you try.

but that said, the geg system is a real treat. i still don't know when the best time to log into the waiting room is.

I still have one code left and I'm in Breathe, I'll be trying at 3pm :) Thanks for the reassurance that they're different pools, that was my main worry *g*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom