July 16, 17, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still making the trip? I'm gonna. I already have the room and flight booked and paid for and I figured out last night that the cancel/change fees would cost me more money then actually taking the trip.

Anything else going on in the city around those dates?

Not sure yet...we were driving so no flight to cancel. I think I'll wait to see what the new dates are before we cancel the hotel.

Not sure yet...we were driving so no flight to cancel. I think I'll wait to see what the new dates are before we cancel the hotel.

wife and I probably are. we had airfare from July 13 to 22, so it maybe be better to cancel, take the $300 fee and save the vacation days for next spring/summer, though.....

we're deciding right now

Refunds will be offered for postponed U2 shows

Concert promoter Evenko says people who bought tickets to this summer's performances by U2 will be offered refunds, but only when exact dates are announced for replacement shows.
U2 has been forced to postpone the North American leg of its upcoming tour, including two shows that were scheduled for the Montreal Hippodrome in July.
Those concerts will now be rescheduled for 2011, and Montreal promoter Evenko says tickets for the 2010 shows will be honoured.
Last week the band announced that frontman Bono had emergency back surgery after suffering an injury during rehearsal. Bono was released Tuesday from a hospital in Munich but doctors say he needs at least eight weeks of recovery time.
U2 tour producer/promoter Arthur Fogel is quoted on the band website: "Although we understand the disappointment to U2 fans, first and foremost comes the recovery of Bono."
A temporary stadium was going to be built at the Hippodrome site in Montreal to accommodate 80,000 people.

CTV Montreal - Refunds will be offered for postponed U2 shows - CTV News

:sad: So sad to see these images but hopeful for next year...

Thanks for posting... I will have to keep my eyes (on YouTube) and my ears (on Montreal radio) for the Party Girls next year...

The stadium is going to be so awesome!!! Perhaps a few of the posters can now stamp these images from the video into their memories and just imagine what it will be like to make the mad dash to the stage next year...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom