July 12 2010 - Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother and his wife wanto to go and I don't think she would want to wait in line all day with GA. They don't have the money for tickets and I was thinking of getting them tickets for Christmas, but I don't have the money right now to get them good seats.

How much was section 101 row 14? I am buy seats at 3 and was just trying to find out if I can get a great 95 dollar seat really close

SMB

same here

That is why I used my Horizon, everyone who got shut out of NJ GAs and the possibility of no 2nd show, now alot of people want to go to Philly. There is also no DC and Ohio show, so I didn't want to take a chance. This is my hometown show.

I also used my Horizon code due to the popularity of the Philly show - got GAs! see you there!

So, is section 101, would the claw leg be in the way of the main stage? I am hoping 102 is 95 bucks, but that probably hits the 250 range

SMB

I also used my Horizon code due to the popularity of the Philly show - got GAs! see you there!

Yay June. For some reason, I knew you would be going to this show. :lol:

I can get claw updates when we get closer to the show. I drive past The Linc. when I go to work at the airport.

I hope to see the Claw and I am flying in. (Portland has six or seven direct Philly flights a day on Republic and Wisconsin) Used to work at PWM. You come it right next to the stadium :)

SMB

I'm gonna have to keep my fingers crossed hoping there's no obstruction. I'm just glad that I'm in the part of the stadium that's not in the nosebleeds, terrified of heights.

Easy as pie! I got 4 tickets in section 101, row 15 and they were at the $95 price. I thought I'd end up further away so I was pleasantly surprised. I checked to see what seats I'd pull at the $250 price and they were in section 102 - just one section over. I feel better about paying $442.75 for 4 tickets than paying over $1000!

This will be my hubby's and my 13-year-old son's third U2 concerts and my 8-year-old daughter's first show!! She's very excited to get to go to her first U2 concert!!

threwabrick - We'll be sitting in the row right behind you.

ShawnBonneau - I am a little worried about the claw leg, too - but those charts are not totally accurate, so I'll just wait and see what the view is when we get to the show. If our view is obstructed, I'll make them move us! I'm not above using my daughter's cuteness factor to our advantage! ; )

Now the waiting begins again... 244 days!

It all really depends on where in the section your seats are. If you are in the first couple of seats, you should be fine I would guess

SMB

I am wondering if section 103, 104, or 116, 117 are 95 dollars

SMB

I'm thinking those are the $250 tickets since section 102 is going at that price. Those sections are comparable to the location of my $250 tickets at the Charlottesville show. I'm a little bummed that I paid the higher price for the C-ville tickets now since my Philly tickets are in roughly the same location... I could have saved myself over $300 dollars if I had gone for the $95 tickets for that show... Oh well!

Yeah, but section 101 looks like a major claw blocker. In some venues, the seats on the side of the stage, closer to the back, are 95. Also, the second level on the side of the stgae wouldnt be bad either

SMB

dawnboo, what seats are you in? We got 9 and 10. You're bringing a kiddo? Wonderful :applaud:, I'll be the crazy lady in front of you peeking back to see how she's enjoying the show.

Where is seat 1 in section 101. Is it next to section 102 or the other one? If that makes sense. I am guessing seat 1 in section 101 shares and isle with section 102

SMB

dawnboo, what seats are you in? We got 9 and 10. You're bringing a kiddo? Wonderful :applaud:, I'll be the crazy lady in front of you peeking back to see how she's enjoying the show.

threwabrick, we are in seats 7-10 so we are right behind you! Yep, I'll have both my kids with me - My 13-year-old son who'll be on his 3rd U2 show (also saw them in Pittsburgh on the Vertigo tour and earlier this fall in Charlottesville) and my daughter who'll be 9 this summer and attending her first show. She's so excited for her first U2 concert! I look forward to meeting you at the show! Who will you be going with?

It's just my spousal equivalent and I. Our daughter is 22 and can afford her own tickets :lol:

This is so exciting, I love meeting U2 fans, it's like a giant family reunion.

It will be a blast! I can't wait - especially to get to experience the show through my daughter's eyes. When I took my son to his first U2 concert, it was so awesome watching his reaction. It took me back to my first concert - in December 1984 on the Unforgettable Fire tour!!

I can't get mine till 3pm. I seriously wouldn't mind 101 or 120 if the claw doesnt block the main stage. I am hoping a picture pops up from another show taken from about the same area

SMB

A General question for those who bought tickets this morning in the Philly Pre-sale.

Did you buy the first set of tickets that popped up? or did you go back a few times and tried again to see if "better" tickets would show up?

Personally, I went back a few times and I was pleasently surprised. I think I tried eight or nine times selecting tickets and then cancelling that search and starting another one.

I wanted the $95 seats so it kept bouncing me between section 101 and section 120 . Both sections appear to be directly opposite eachother.

It gave me a lot of options within those two sections, Row 10, 15, 30, etc.
Finally it landed on Section 101, Row 2 and I jumped on that one and bought my tickets.

I was just curious to know whether people had bought the first tickets that were shown or did they go back and refresh the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom