July 12 2010 - Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on how many you need and what kind (GA?)

it's all a crap-shoot, but there's no reason to freak out if you don't get one because there are always tickets floating around here for face value.

-dan

yea you have EIGHT MONTHS to score some tickets. Im sure someone on here will sell face values. Thats how I got my 2 for BostonII.

So excited for this. Everyone is telling me to get seats and tailgate for my birthday, theres no shot. I will be front row no matter what just depends if I want front front or outside the rail front.

I also cant believe my 65 year old aunts want to goto Chicago with me, I hope they realize if we do get the chance to go, I am not sitting!

I'm don't think I'll be a GA person, I can't stand up for long periods of time on my bad foot.

Does everyone think there will definitely be a second Philadelphia show? My family is thinking about scheduling a trip around the show(s). If there are two, then I'd like to get a GA for myself the first night and then seats with my family for the second night, but I wouldn't want to get the GA for the first night and then not have a second night exist to buy seats for.

there are off days the 13th, 14th and 15th. i'm really hoping they decide to just play 2 in philadelphia instead of a show on the 12th and then on the 14th in another city like maybe pittsburgh

then again, if i don't go i won't be as interested in what they do that week

-dan

I don't think they can do three different cities in five days with how long it takes them to do all the stage set up and take down. If there's anything between the 12th and 16th, it's gonna be a second Philly show.

I don't think Philly will get 2 shows. If NJ gets 2 as well, that will make 7 shows within a 2 hour drive of Philly in 10 months. If NJ gets one show, Philly could get two though.

Our presale is likely going to be next week. I'll listen to the radio, especially WMMR, to see if I hear anything about the general sale date.

I don't think Philly will get 2 shows. If NJ gets 2 as well, that will make 7 shows within a 2 hour drive of Philly in 10 months. If NJ gets one show, Philly could get two though.

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but on ZOO TV, U2 did 9 stadium shows within a 2 hour drive of Philadelphia in less than 1 month. They did 5 stadium shows on POPMART within a 2 hour drive of Philadelphia in 12 days.

Plus, New York City will have extra people coming from New England for the show. The show or shows in New York City will be the last U2 360 shows on North American soil which will naturally drive up demand.

Looking at Philadelphia, there are no shows south of Philadelphia until you get to Miami. While U2 have played these area's extensively already, its likely this leg will draw some people from these area's that are not getting a show. The Lincoln Financial Field is a smaller stadium than either the New Meadowlands Stadium, Giants Stadium, or Fedex Field.

If they can sellout the first New Meadowlands Stadium show and the first Lincoln Financial Field show, or at least come very close to selling both out, on the first day, then I think they will both get second shows.

I think they would first try to sellout two Philadelphia shows and one New Meadowlands Stadium show. Then, they will announce the the final show of the tour in North America as being a 2nd show at the New Meadowlands Stadium which should I think sellout or at least come close.

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but on ZOO TV, U2 did 9 stadium shows within a 2 hour drive of Philadelphia in less than 1 month. They did 5 stadium shows on POPMART within a 2 hour drive of Philadelphia in 12 days.

The 360 setup reduces the number of shows in many cities. e.g. Oakland and Edmonton had 2 stadium shows in the past, and may only get one show this time. (Although Oakland is "on hold" from what some have posted.)

I was iffy about this show, but I just bought a plane ticket to Philadelphia, so I guess I'm in. :shifty:

I'm definitely going to this show. Why?

July 12 = MY BIRTHDAY!:hyper:

Birthday shots on me.....its my 24th.

So Im guessing tuesday will start the pre-sales? Didnt they announce the openers before they went on sale? God I'm hoping for The Killers or Silversun Pickups.

Peck, I was at the Saturday Pearl Jam show as well. Great night. 42 songs. Unreal. On another note, Im not sure if anyone posted anything about a possible 2ed show but yesterday I was listening to 94.1 in the am and they said tune in Monday morning for some new "incredible news regarding u2". Maybe this will be the 2ed show announcement? Hopefully!

I'm thinking this Tuesday is when the presale will start. There is only 4 shows left that haven't had a presale yet.

TM has the Philly presale starting tomorrow.

There's a presale thread for Philly/Seattle in the General Discussion forum

So I assume U2.com will send out an email sometime this afternoon regarding what times our specific group presales will be? I can't find that information on TM.

I'm so going to this. My friend lives outside Philly and she doesn't know it yet, but her couch will have someone sleeping on it July 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom