July 12 2010 - Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they go to Baltimore, I'll be going there as well. Some of my family live down there and it's no more than an hour drive or so.

Really hoping they do at least two shows within my range because I'm dying to have a multi-show week! :hyper:

You guys maybe coming to my home. Well, I live in South Jersey, 15 minutes from Philly.

I doubt they will go back to DC. The last time they played DC on both legs was 1992.

Actually they have never played DC on both legs unless you consider the 2nd North American leg date in Baltimore in 2001 as a return date for DC in the Spring of 2001.

In 1992, they only played two shows in Washington DC. August 15, and August 16, 1992 for ZOO TV.

Did mapquest from the general Cleveland area and it said 7 hours 13 minutes / 430.90 miles not too bad. Most of the trip is on I-76 not my favorite inetersate to drive on :doh: Definatley a show worth taking into consideration. :cute: My best friend who lives in south jersey will be going as well and she said the drive isn't too bad.

Checked out some hotels in the local area... some are a little pricey the ones closer to the stadium and others that are farther away in the Cherry Hill area weren't too bad.

I live in South Jersey. Cherry Hill is really not that far and not a bad area.

I live in South Jersey. Cherry Hill is really not that far and not a bad area.

Thanks for the info.
Seems like a nice place, only hope it doesn't become a hassle if we stay there to travel to and from the stadium...had that problem in Chicago and don't want to go through the cluster jam :no: of traffic again on the way there and back in Philly.

I'm trying to decide between this one and Chicago. I wonder which city is more likely to get a second show. I'm leaning toward Philadelphia. :hmm:

Considering they specifically stated that there wouldn't be a second show in Chicago, Philly's your best bet.

Thanks for the info.
Seems like a nice place, only hope it doesn't become a hassle if we stay there to travel to and from the stadium...had that problem in Chicago and don't want to go through the cluster jam :no: of traffic again on the way there and back in Philly.

Cherry Hill is about twenty minutes from South Philly, and is a very nice area.

Rush hour traffic on the bridges into the city can be bad, but the sports complex is a bit separated from the rest of the city, which makes things easier.

the hotel situation near the stadium is not very good

only one hotel, the holiday inn, and the rates have already been jacked up for the days around the show....$256.99/night ($216.99/night advance purchase). it's $158.99/night ($134.32/night advance) one month earlier

guess one of you locals will be adopting me for a few days, don't everyone volunteer at once

-dan

Cherry Hill is about twenty minutes from South Philly, and is a very nice area.

Rush hour traffic on the bridges into the city can be bad, but the sports complex is a bit separated from the rest of the city, which makes things easier.

Glad to hear more good things about Cherry Hill. That may be the place to stay for the show.

That is what I have heard about the bridges and the few times I have been there and drove on them they were just crazy :ohmy: Will also have to remember to have toll money too.

Even if you can't get in on the general sale, you should be fine. There were a lot of people looking to get rid of tickets for "hot" shows like Chicago and Dublin the last two legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom