July 12 2010 - Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5a.m.? last time the boys came to philly my cousin and his buddy were outside the center at 10pm. and once night 1 was over we went right back to the line, were number 1 and 2 (non-fan club) then went home to sleep, and was back at 7am.

that is my plan, i will sleep on the steps of the linc if i have to! i'm going take a trip down there when the show gets closer to see if i can talk to someone and see where we should start the line. im guessing the main concourse that faces Citizens Bank Park.

134 more days!

P1000810.JPG

That might help.

*Also if any Facebookers wanna join: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=209750802540&ref=ts

Philly is the most hardcore city I know of with regard to lining up for U2 GA...that's why it's the only show I have a seat for, hehe.

oh now i start to worry again :| this week i will know for sure if my friend is going otherwise i'll end up with an extra ticket

haha, some i found and some are from boston and some from philly vertigo

wow, you got a long ways to go! and im worrying about finding ways to chicago!

5a.m.? last time the boys came to philly my cousin and his buddy were outside the center at 10pm. and once night 1 was over we went right back to the line, were number 1 and 2 (non-fan club) then went home to sleep, and was back at 7am.

that is my plan, i will sleep on the steps of the linc if i have to! i'm going take a trip down there when the show gets closer to see if i can talk to someone and see where we should start the line. im guessing the main concourse that faces Citizens Bank Park.

134 more days!

I was there that night too. I was number 2 in the fanclub line.

and were u at boston 2? cause i'm pretty sure i recognized you. you were like one of the first all the way on the right? i was the third line from the right, like 4th or 5th, rocking my hamels shirt

hey guys ive loved U2 for a long time but ine every other way im new, new to interference, new to u2 satdium shows and ive never been to philly before. but i am going to the july 12 show i am in section 201 row 30 anyon have any helpful tips or wants to meet up it would be awesome thanks

If your hotel is in the city then you can take the Broad Street Subway line. It is run by Septa. I think their is a link to there website a few pages back. If you want to drive to the stadium go straight down Broad Street toward South Philly or go down I-95 South toward the airport.

Just purchased my tix. First time going GA for me. I'm 6'6" so I should have a good view.......the only problem is my wife is 5'2", so I guess she will stand in front of me...........:D

Tailgating

All of you fans should plan on tailgating in the parking lot. U2 fans have great tailgate parties. Get there early to beat traffic, bring a cooler, some food, and chairs. If you are taking public transportation get a big cooler backpack and fill it up!! Nothing better than chilling in the parking lot talking about all the U2 concerts and listening to U2 music blaring all around you. You can bet that any bar around the stadiums(and there aren't many) will be too full to bother. It won't be long now....

you kinda cant tailgate and do GA unless you have a pee cup!

my cousins and my entire neighborhood will be in the lot, they keep telling me a local DJ will be setting up speakers and playing U2 all day. They want me to hang with them and celebrate my bday, but i cant. i have to be up front! maybe a little, i'll just stop at 5 and get a pee break in at 530, haha

i really hope someone organizes a meetup for this show. that would be awesome. im not from philly so i cant suggest anything...

Hey, Im getting more excited as summer nears. Cant wait. I havent heard of anything as of yet, but I can sugggest 2 different bars in the city. Fado Irish Pub 15th and Locust, and the Dark Horse Tavern 2ed and Pine. Both great spots and very U2 friendly. In the past the both have had pre and post partys plus some type of transportation to the show. Im not sure if anything is planned as of yet, but Im looking forward to hearing something. If I do, I will let everyone here know for sure.

you have a seat, you shouldn't need any tips... :D
just come in, enjoy the show.

I don't know if anybody is organizing a meet-up yet. The only bar/restaurant I know that's decent around that area is Chickie Pete's. I don't drink, but I like their food.

Chickies is fun and close which is nice. Mcfaddens is always open at The Phillies ballpark too. I wonder if the Phillies have a home game that night.?That would make for a great tailgate. Forget the bars.

Chickies is fun and close which is nice. Mcfaddens is always open at The Phillies ballpark too. I wonder if the Phillies have a home game that night.?That would make for a great tailgate. Forget the bars.

Nope Phillies are off. All Star Break. Mcfaddens would be fun. Has a decent size outside area, nice bar, decent food. Im sure Both Chickies and Petes and Mcfaddens will be packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom