July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Review with pics and videos finally up on the home page. (Bad WiFi is almost worse than no WiFi.)

U2 Interference – U2 Fans, Pop Culture Webzine, & More

Wonderful review! I agree that this crowd was phenomenal. The Oakland show in June had such a bad crowd in comparison, it made me so happy to be there with such an electrified crowd.

That video made my heart race and gave me chills. Man I miss it so much already. What I would do to have it one more time.

temporary Canadian phone powers

You're all in the loo peeing with me right now :D I bet you read posts like this and are happy I'm delinquent a lot lol!!

Sinday bloody Sunday is on right now, to those who've been looking atbsetleistd fuck detoured setlists how many songs left??

Ad YES I am bloat thrilled to be in the building right now and it turns out it's VIP and the guy beside me bought me abeer already and I love blue crack-I'd have lost my mind without you all backing me up-forever thankful xoxo

haha you're the reason I had so many texts asking me if I'd left Canada yet when I got off the plane. I was convinced maybe I was meant to go to Toronto and I'd forgotten lol. If I'd known it was you I would have turned the plane around and done something... like buy you another beer :shifty:
Glad you got in, and I'm very sorry I didn't get to see you!

Hey Kramwest, just checked out your youtube videos. Awesome! I was looking all around for videos that show off how cool the stage was with no luck earlier, but yours are perfect

wpjrnl

This guy filmed the entire show. This was pretty much our view too!

That's you and your husband (sorry if he's not) in your avatar right? I totally recognize you guys from the GA line. Towards the last bits of waiting before 5 o'clock we were all sitting down talking about whether we were going to do Inner or Outer Rail. Yeah I totally remember you guys.

Yep. That is us. :wave: I checked and you were 38 , right? We were 43 and 44. I should have gotten here much earlier before the show and tried to figure out who would be there from here.

Hey Kramwest, just checked out your youtube videos. Awesome! I was looking all around for videos that show off how cool the stage was with no luck earlier, but yours are perfect

Thanks. Toronto was my most shaky effort: coffee with breakfast, 2.5 beers with lunch and not enough water led to shaky hands in the Rogers Centre. :angry:
My Anaheim ones will be part of a multi-cam project that should come out this fall. I'm so impressed people are putting the time into doing that.
After Winnipeg, all of my videos are 1080P, too, so if anyone wants one, let me know and I can SendSpace them.

I'm still searching for a video with a decent shot of Edge waving to me at the end of WOWY. It seems like everyone either turned the camera off when the music stopped or just filmed Bono at that point. :gah:

RioRhodes said:
Yep, I was 38. :wave: So where did you guys end up standing exactly?

We were in the front rail. Between Bono and Adam, but closer to Adam. My second favorite spot after dead center in front of B. Sounds like you were by The Edge? I must confess that I have never really been left if center while on GA. :p

We were in the front rail. Between Bono and Adam, but closer to Adam. My second favorite spot after dead center in front of B. Sounds like you were by The Edge? I must confess that I have never really been left if center while on GA. :p

And I must confess I've never done Adam's side, although I think next time, if I can't get Center, I will. I must say, much as I love The Edge, he doesn't engage with the crowd enough for me to want to watch him. :silent:

So---have been away all week but just wanted to check in and again thank everyone here for their support and extra thanks to those who went out of their way to try and help me find tickets with no notice- so very grateful, more than you will ever know - it helped me so much as I was walking around and around the Rogers centre by myself, hearing the band come on and seeing all the stragglers rush in with their valid tickets :( . It sucks I had to pay a scalper to get in but at least I made it in for a bit :)

I would like to identify the source of the ticket I had that had been refunded on March 16th with no notice to me - however as I bought more than one from fellow u2 fans I'm not sure how I go about identifying where this ticket came from. I have received requests from people I bought from to confirm it wasn't them who sold me the later refunded ticket, and requests from others to identify the person so this doesn't happen to anyone else. At this point though all I have is a photocopy the box office guy made of the ticket for me with the refunded date (he kept the ticket when I asked him to check the history), and for privacy reasons obviously he wouldn't give me the persons name.

Without being able to confirm who the original ticket holder was at this point all I can do is assume they were in a very bad spot and really really needed that money back, however, whoever you are - please please please let the person know you are in a tight spot and give them a heads up in time to get another ticket if you ever (hopefully not though) need to do this again. Even 2 hours notice would have been helpful in my case.

Wouldn't ever wish this on anyone, but needing the money that badly to do this to fellow fan is an even worse spot to be in, God bless and I hope things are better for you now, whoever you are.

So---have been away all week but just wanted to check in and again thank everyone here for their support and extra thanks to those who went out of their way to try and help me find tickets with no notice- so very grateful, more than you will ever know - it helped me so much as I was walking around and around the Rogers centre by myself, hearing the band come on and seeing all the stragglers rush in with their valid tickets :( . It sucks I had to pay a scalper to get in but at least I made it in for a bit :)

I would like to identify the source of the ticket I had that had been refunded on March 16th with no notice to me - however as I bought more than one from fellow u2 fans I'm not sure how I go about identifying where this ticket came from. I have received requests from people I bought from to confirm it wasn't them who sold me the later refunded ticket, and requests from others to identify the person so this doesn't happen to anyone else. At this point though all I have is a photocopy the box office guy made of the ticket for me with the refunded date (he kept the ticket when I asked him to check the history), and for privacy reasons obviously he wouldn't give me the persons name.

Without being able to confirm who the original ticket holder was at this point all I can do is assume they were in a very bad spot and really really needed that money back, however, whoever you are - please please please let the person know you are in a tight spot and give them a heads up in time to get another ticket if you ever (hopefully not though) need to do this again. Even 2 hours notice would have been helpful in my case.

Wouldn't ever wish this on anyone, but needing the money that badly to do this to fellow fan is an even worse spot to be in, God bless and I hope things are better for you now, whoever you are.

Wow - U are definately to be commended for how you are/have handled this situation.
Of course every person that sold U a tix off of here is going to say the same thing: "Oh it wasn't moi" :hmm:
To the person that did this: stand up for once in your life, be an adult and admit it!

I have been trying to email you, text you, pm others who may have contact you but you haven't responded... please check your emails or send me a pm!

Burlington77 said:
Wow - U are definately to be commended for how you are/have handled this situation.
Of course every person that sold U a tix off of here is going to say the same thing: "Oh it wasn't moi" :hmm:
To the person that did this: stand up for once in your life, be an adult and admit it!

If you want proof that so and so didn't get a refund, then I can prove it. I called TM Canada t o confirm I never got a refund and I have my March statement that shows no refund. I even got the email about to review the concert.

I wanted to be certain. I knew I didn't call for a refund but had to be sure. I didnt need a refund as I had already sold the ticket.

Kudos to snow bunny, she has handled this situation admirably.

If you want proof that so and so didn't get a refund, then I can prove it. I called TM Canada t o confirm I never got a refund and I have my March statement that shows no refund. I even got the email about to review the concert.

I wanted to be certain. I knew I didn't call for a refund but had to be sure. I didnt need a refund as I had already sold the ticket.

Kudos to snow bunny, she has handled this situation admirably.

I just feel bad that this happened to someone. When I read her very first post about the incident I almost felt sick to my stomach! I don't even know her and have only been on this site for a very short time but it just made my blood boil! :angry:

I think sometimes I have a short fuse lol

Amazing show! I had a blast, fans were fantastic in the GA as usual in Toronto. Will never forget this! I am so glad that I make the trip all the way from New Mexico!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom