July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 24 hours and I will be on my way to Toronto! See mah girls :hug: and THE BOYS Come on U2 kick something good out that night :love:

is the view still show up at about doors open and you should have no issue getting into the pit....

i mean, maybe not an ideal location, however, i would like the option of going in as i found the sound better inside the pit...and given this went from a weekend to a weekday, i can not ditch work on monday too early...if at all.

ok so i was at the rogers and they were taking the claw in bit by bit, i have tons of pics and how the heck do i upload them up here hellpppp me please

@heinz in September 2009 there was no numbering system, for the first show i got there by 4:30pm and was in the claw in the centre and for the second i got there at 12 noon but the line was huge and i still got in on Adams side.

my question is: will there be a numbering system like the Montreal concerts?

Yes, there will be a numbering system, there always is at every show, even in Sept '09. But after the first several hundred people, they generally stop numbering, and you just get in line.

Whether or not it will be like Monteal is a crap shoot, totally dependent upon who starts the line, and what rules they choose to impose. I'm hoping for something a little more sane, myself...

The Toronto 09 line system was great. Started the night before, everyone who got in line stayed there, with the exception of bathroom and food breaks, just like it should be.

VintagePunk said:
The Toronto 09 line system was great. Started the night before, everyone who got in line stayed there, with the exception of bathroom and food breaks, just like it should be.

That is what I am hoping for myself and how things should be!

Miroslava said:
That is what I am hoping for myself and how things should be!

Eta: not that I am camping. My husband will line up if I decide I want to do so but he draws the line at camping. :p

Does anyone know if the roof will be open?

It looks as if it could rain during the day, but stop in the evening. I'm praying it stays open.

The forecast is currently calling for a chance of thunder-showers on Monday ... does anyone know if the GA line is in a covered area?

Mondays forecast

MondayA mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 23. High 31.40% is nothing really and these weather chappies cant call it right for more than 24 hours so lets keep our toes crossed

Well regarding the photos, the first day the security guard who does the night shift was really cool. he told me the rest of teh trucks were at polson pier.
He was there yesterday evening too and was wow your still here. but the U2 crew was giving me the not too happy look. I will be back this evening. I hope i can get into the dome i really do. If anyone can help me all i wanna do is take pics of set up.

i hope you will be i cant tell you though. however this youtube video may help you get aquainted with the area.

YouTube - ‪U2 Concert Line Up‬‏

I remember that lineup well.
Luckily I was at the front in the shade all day...
Hopefully my luck will hold out for Monday... the weather concerns me as it was so great in 2009 with the roof open... the wind swirling down, CN tower light show and all that.

its just 40% rain people, and the weather guys are always wrong so chin up it prolly will be hot as hell with no rain at all

Got this update from the Rogers centre

136.jpg
Thank you for purchasing tickets to U2's record-breaking 360° Tour. For this date, Interpol will open for the legendary band. Rogers Centre is ready to rock the roof on Monday, July 11 at 7:00 p.m.

Below is additional event information. We look forward to seeing you at Rogers Centre!

About The Event: A band like no other, U2 returns to a stadium like no other for their phenomenally successful 360° Tour. This 2011 date makes up the postponed 2010 date and all tickets for the previous show will be valid on Monday, July 11, 2011.

Entrance Gate & Seat Map: Gates open at 5:00 p.m. and ticket holders will go to the following entrances:

General Admission Field: Gate 1 & 15
Level 100 ticket holders: Gates 5, 6, 10 & 11
Level 200 ticket holders: Gates 4 & 12
Level 500 ticket holders: Gates 2 & 14
Suite ticket holders: Gates 3 & 13
(RED) Zone 1: Gate 9A
(RED) Zone 2: Gate 6A
Accessible/Special needs access: Gate 7

Click here to see the seat map with Gate locations.

Getting to Rogers Centre and Drop-offs: With over 60,000 fans set to descend upon Rogers Centre, public transit will be your best bet. If you are driving and need directions, please click here. Limited underground parking is available off Bremner Blvd., across from Gate 8. Please note that the area surrounding Rogers Centre will be extremely congested and a popular alternative is to park further away and walk to Rogers Centre to avoid traffic.

An environmentally-friendly option to reach the concert has been created by Live Nation. U2 are very conscientious about limiting their carbon footprint and hope that you will as well. For this show, a special PickupPal rideshare program has been created to get fans to and from Rogers Centre.

Click here for more information on the PickupPal rideshare.

Need additional tickets?: To check for additional tickets, if available, please call Ticketmaster at 1-855-985-5000 or go online at ticketmaster.ca.

Food and Beverage: State-of-the art concession stands offer a wide variety of gourmet meals and snacks. Or head down early and enjoy a Pre-Show Dinner in the HSBC Club VIP (Level 200). Full hot and cold buffet including fresh salads, artisan breads, carving station, chef's action station, along with a selection of hot entrée items and a fabulous array of signature desserts. Price is $49.95 per person plus applicable taxes. An event ticket is required and seating is limited, reservations are recommended. Seating is on a first come first serve basis. We can accommodate groups up to 8 people. Full bar and lounge is also available. For reservations, please call (416) 341-2600.
Restrictions: The following items are prohibited: video cameras, professional cameras, recording devices, laser pointing devices, cans, glass bottles, banners, flags, flagpoles, balloons, beach balls and any weapons. Please note that guests may be subject to a search upon entrance into Rogers Centre

Smoking Policy: Rogers Centre is a non-smoking facility.

Posters, Banners, Gifts etc.: For the safety and enjoyment of all guests, including sightline concerns, please do not bring homemade posters, banners and other such items inside Rogers Centre. Please note any gifts will be collected at the gate, prior to entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom