July 11 — Stade de France — Paris!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have GA tickets for Paris Stade de France. I am considering queuing early and to try to get into the front area, but as my girlfriend is coming along with me and she does not share the full extent of my devotion for the band, I'd thought I'd check what the place is like before we commit to queuing!

For people who have been there, what are the facilities like? Are there available toilets, merchandising stalls, etc.. available for those queing outside the stadium, as there were in Twickenham in 2005?

Once you're inside at the front (imagining I get into the enclosure at the front, which I might not), during the support acts and long wait, how possible is it to get out of the enclosure at the front, buy drinks and food, use toilets, etc? Once again, my reference is Twickenham, where I was right at the front and it was really easy to move around the stadium before U2 came on, security were friendly and everything was engineered to help you have a nice day.

Grateful for any advice!

Regards,

Santiago

Hi Santiago

I didn't do the GA queue in Barcelona but I was chatting to many people in it including those at the very front. There were portaloos just across the road from the queue. The fans organised there own system of watching each others' spaces and stuff if someone wanted to pop out for food or drinks or whatever. It all seemed very friendly, helpful and considerate. I think you'll be fine.

I'm in Annecy for the month and am heading to Paris Friday for the show, leaving late Sunday. Anyone going that knows the city and what to do at night, where to eat etc...?

Does anyone know what time U2 will begin & what time that is on the East Coast or Eastern Standard Time:huh:

Hey, Paris is on the same time as Barcelona and Milan i.e. one hour ahead of London (where I live) if that's any use? I'd guess another 9pm start in Paarreee.

The Stade de France website say U2 on stage at 9.15pm local time.

Gates 5,30pm
Kaiser Chief 8pm

Cheers
Warby

Hey guys, just got back from Paris! Saw them setting up the stage...I GOT SO EXCITED!
:hyper:

But unfortunately I had to head back home before the show...hope you guys have fun, Stade de France is such a nice stadium!

Hi Guys!
I know that it may be late.
Tomorrow I'll go to the boys' show and I'd like to know if there's someone to queue up with me. That would reasured my parents. I'm sector East gate G and pelouse!

Can you please tell me when are you gonna start queuing?
Is it possibel to meet before the show?
Thanks for the answers.

Hey Lynn, I'd queue up with you... but I'm at the second night unfortunately :down: Good luck finding someone :up:

Oh, I didn't realise that the first Paris show is today already. Time moves so fast. I'm sure it will be great and I wish everyone going a great great time :up:

i was outside the pit and stood back away from the rail on Edge side. i was in the pit before kasier chiefs and it was just getting stupid . so rather than smack someone out i left , lol

The pit is a world and energy all its on . But i everyone i stood with agreed. The edge side of the stands had a lot of "suits" . More than i have ever seen at a show

hope tonight is different

i was outside the pit and stood back away from the rail on Edge side. i was in the pit before kasier chiefs and it was just getting stupid . so rather than smack someone out i left , lol

The pit is a world and energy all its on . But i everyone i stood with agreed. The edge side of the stands had a lot of "suits" . More than i have ever seen at a show

hope tonight is different

ahh that's a pity! sorry you had a bad time :( -that sounds awful...why did you leave the pit?? was it getting rough where you were?? i was on Adam's side and it was a lovely atmosphere, and was surrounded by a bunch of really nice people...

yeah hope you have a better time tonight! i was meant to go tonight as well - had a seat behind the stage, but had to leave Paris early...

I was up in the cheapie seats about two thirds back on Adam's side and everyone was sitting down until Beautiful Day and ISHFWILF. My mate and I then went to the concourse at the top and very back of the stadium and everyone there was standing and dancing for most of the songs. The Parisian crowd really loved Sunday Bloody Sunday.

The sound at the back of the stadium was phenomenal, way, way better than Barcelona 1 was at my spot up in the fifth tier.

And Bono's singing last night was something else, it really was special.

And it seems Bono is now ready to take on the Ayatollah in Iran!

;-) i never said i had a bad time. i just thought the crowd was lame. the band was on fire and that is all that really matters . but it was strange thing to experience.

Completely different on the second night . Not near the crowd euphoria of barca and milan but much better than night one .

...and although a better crowd night 2 we were aghast at how many people in the stands sit through entire songs

Amazing concert, really loved it - feel the same about the crowd though. Was probably the worst u2 crowd experience I've had so far; everyone was enthusiastic yet it seemed to be lacking something and I'm not a fan of the loud talking during songs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom