Is this it? Only the cities listed? - Withdrawn U.S dates? - More Shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so! My Fiance and I are really disappointed right now b/c there aren't any near us!:sad:

extra dates

clearly they are going to add dates as shows sell out - another 10/11 shows in the Cities already listed. Do we think we know where - apart from obvious ones such as Dublin and London ? Mike

U.S dates confirmed?

So why did they withdraw the U.S dates? Do you think those dates are confirmed or not?

I think they will definitely be adding more dates, those dates do not cover a lot of big cities as it is. As for adding second dates, who knows.. stadiums probably will not sell out?

i am also VERY disapointed in the Europe Tour, no Brussels and only 2 Germans shows :down:

People, there will be more dates.
There is no way they are creating this elaborate stage/production with so few dates.
Calm down.

clearly they are going to add dates as shows sell out - another 10/11 shows in the Cities already listed. Do we think we know where - apart from obvious ones such as Dublin and London ? Mike

For Europe I would expect additional dates planned for Barcelona, Milan, St. Denis (Paris), Amsterdam, Dublin (up to 3 shows total), Gothenburg and London.

There had been another city rumored for Spain and there is certainly room for it to be added between Barcelona and Milan. August 12th could be used for an added city as well.

For North America, based on the full list of cities and dates that was originally listed, I would expect second nights are planned for Chicago, Toronto, Foxboro, East Rutherford (New York, possibly up to 3 shows total) and possibly Pasadena, though it's a very large stadium. There's a gap between Houston and Norman where another city could be added, as well.

Perhaps the dates / venues were wrong and they will re-post them with they have solid info?

Plus, people are forgetting that if they have to use stadiums, they are going to be going up against NFL dates here in the states at that time of year. I noted in another thread (that I can't find now) that these dates have to be some sort of "shell" or placeholder dates. Because, really, when is the last time that U2 didn't play 3 or 4 dates in a row in NY, Boston, LA, etc.? Plus, there is only one date in all of FL, none in OH or Michigan, etc. It'll all get sussed out in the end.

yeah its kind of a dick move to wait to announce all the dates so that the first ones sell out quickly first. sure it makes u2 look better, but it fucks over the fans who are trying to plan this shit out

more dates

I think they will add more shows on at the time they are selling the tix for the show announced. They did this way back on the Joshua Tree tour. One show would sell out & than 20 mins later they announced tix now on sale for the next night. I think they will probably do that as well as add more cities once they work out the rights to have the Statdium for that evening, plus they want to see how well tix sales do in the states, because Stadium shows don't sell well here since the 80's.

I think U2 might be having some trouble finding stadiums to play in the U.S. The fall is the worst time for a stadium tour with the football season starting. Also, I tried to looking up the NFL schedule and the dates/locations for games aren't released yet. Not that the NFL and the owners don't know this information already, but maybe we will get more dates and cities later.

I think U2 might be having some trouble finding stadiums to play in the U.S. The fall is the worst time for a stadium tour with the football season starting. Also, I tried to looking up the NFL schedule and the dates/locations for games aren't released yet. Not that the NFL and the owners don't know this information already, but maybe we will get more dates and cities later.

Reason # 500 to go back to Arenas. SIGH.

I noticed that even though the dates were pulled after September 24th, that they list all of the cities that they had previously shown with dates, except for Raleigh. Even it's an oversight, or maybe it's being replaced by a different city.

I expect the June-July 2010 North American leg will pick up many of the cities missed on this fall leg. California may only get 1 or 2 shows in Pasadena this time, but next summer, it may be Oakland and San Diego getting shows instead.

In that original list of October dates, there was a gap between Houston on October 14th and Norman on the 19th. Perhaps a Bay Area date could appear there, if the October dates remain the same.

Per the Raleigh News and Observer, N.C. State is in negotiations with U2 to play at Carter Finley Stadium.

In that original list of October dates, there was a gap between Houston on October 14th and Norman on the 19th. Perhaps a Bay Area date could appear there, if the October dates remain the same.

Very unlikely because of the logistics of trucking the shit halfway across the country and then bringing it right back a few days later.

the nfl schedule does not 'officially' come out til the first week of april... but the owners know... they have too... chicago and boston both fall on sundays in september...

all in all, im trying to calm down, but there really can't be a way they are skippin philly

yeah its kind of a dick move to wait to announce all the dates so that the first ones sell out quickly first. sure it makes u2 look better, but it fucks over the fans who are trying to plan this shit out

Yeah, I agree totally. Would it really be so hard to even say which dates have been provisionally booked depending on demand? This is U2 - the biggest band in the world, apparently! If they can't sell out stadiums then who can? The thing I've learned from spending time on this forum is that U2 fans will do anything to see them live - cross oceans, get into crazy debt, put marriages in jeopardy etc. No matter how bad things are economically, a U2 concert tour is still a big event for which the demand will be huge. So they (or their management) should have the balls and the ambition to state upfront where they INTEND to play, and stop messing about with all this additional shows 'by popular demand' nonsense!

Yeah, I agree totally. Would it really be so hard to even say which dates have been provisionally booked depending on demand? This is U2 - the biggest band in the world, apparently! If they can't sell out stadiums then who can? The thing I've learned from spending time on this forum is that U2 fans will do anything to see them live - cross oceans, get into crazy debt, put marriages in jeopardy etc. No matter how bad things are economically, a U2 concert tour is still a big event for which the demand will be huge. So they (or their management) should have the balls and the ambition to state upfront where they INTEND to play, and stop messing about with all this additional shows 'by popular demand' nonsense!

:applaud: We do whatever it takes to make sure we can attend their shows. The least we could get in return is some information. Hell I moved my 1 year wedding anniversary cruise to August because the original date conflicts when they open in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom