Is this it? Only the cities listed? - Withdrawn U.S dates? - More Shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one really knows why the dates disappeared. Maybe they are not sure of them yet :shrug:

I think the Dallas Cowboys incident (where team officials said its unconfirmed) is an indicator. u2.com posted some tentative dates.

That Raleigh, NC show better actually be real...less than two hours away from me!

It is odd that they'd randomly remove a bunch of dates though. But it says on the site that "full info" should be up soon so I guess we'll be seeing it all later...

A number of cities could have conflicts with college football games as well, which occur on Saturdays and sometimes Thursdays.

I know the Linc in Philly plays host to the Eagles and Temple's football team.

Plus its not just a one day thing with the NFL. The stadium isn't usable until a few days after a game and I highly doubt an NFL franchise will allow the stadium to be used the week before a home game either due to making the field playable and whatnot.

Yes. The Billboard article that correctly forecasted the 2009 announcement also said there will be a third leg in the US in June-July 2010, a fourth leg in Europe in August-September, and tentative plans for a fifth leg in South America in late 2010.

U2's official statements are usually trough u2.com. I wish we could stop saying this, but we can't. U2.com sucks on giving info in advance. So you can wait a few months for them to announce it.

We all saw what Billboard leaked the cities for this year's US leg and half of them aren't true

I would be disappointed if they ad new cities in Europe later on. I used my code to go to Amsterdam, but if they do play Brussels,or for instance Lisbon, I would rather have gotten tickets for one of those shows, since the sound in Amsterdam is usally pretty awful and I have good memories of Brussels and Lisbon.

That said, I think they only play some multiple dates in the confirmed cities in Europe, and come back next year if demand is there (and if anyone still has a job)

Very unlikely because of the logistics of trucking the shit halfway across the country and then bringing it right back a few days later.

Big stadium productives like this usually have 2 or 3 different stages to cover the tour, due to the amount of time neccessary to set up and take them down, plus transportation time. Clearly U2 will be using at least 2 different stages on this tour, so when I suggested that the dates of October 16-17 could be used for a Bay Area concert, I didn't mean that the stage used in Houston would be transported to the Bay Area, then go to Norman after that. It would be a stage that could then make it's way to Las Vegas or Pasadena for one of those shows.

Do they ever add more cities?

It seems to me that the Vertigo tour had a ton of US shows, it looks lacking for this album. Do they ever add more shows later? I am now in TN and it's not looking very good for me to actually get to see them in concert.

I remember on the 3rd leg of Vertigo that Charlotte was added late. It wasn't on the tour poster I got from ETS

Will they be adding on dates?

I know this is probably a very stupid question, but will U2 be adding on more North American dates? I didn't see a Ohio, USA venue on there, and I'm really wanting to see them this time around (never seen U2 live.)

Will they be touring Ohio (more specifically, Cincinnati?) I know they hit here last time, will be they returning?

I remember on the 3rd leg of Vertigo that Charlotte was added late. It wasn't on the tour poster I got from ETS

Did we know about all the legs right up front or not? Because right now it looks like a tiny tour, starting and ending all in a matter of a few months.

I asked this same question yesterday. It looks like they're not touring Ohio, at least for now. I hope they add on more dates.

Did we know about all the legs right up front or not? Because right now it looks like a tiny tour, starting and ending all in a matter of a few months.

The first and second legs of Vertigo were announced on 24 January 2005, followed by the third leg on 5 March 2005. I wouldn't expect those announcements so close together this time around, though.

The first and second legs of Vertigo were announced on 24 January 2005, followed by the third leg on 5 March 2005. I wouldn't expect those announcements so close together this time around, though.

So if you had a presale code, would you use it now for a show that is in a different state or would you wait and hope that they add more shows later? This would be my first U2 concert. They sold out San Diego for Vertigo before I got home to buy the tickets!

I agree with you on the one. By staggering the dates of sale u2 can have a much tighter control on the flow of tickets and less of a chance that the server will freak on the day of sale. I'm actually very impressed with the way u2.com is handling the release of tickets this time around. Of course anything would have been giant steps from the cluster of 2005.

I'm hoping they add Indianapolis to the US legs mainly because I missed both Indiana dates on the Elevation tour. It would be my first time seeing the band too - I've been trying to see them live since ZOOTV and every single time something has gotten in the way.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom