Great news for U2 fans in Ireland!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2_Jackie

Refugee
so I heard on u2.com that fans in Ireland are disappointed that U2 hasn't announced dates for Ireland 2010 but this is what I just found on twitter from atu2 and bootsybah:

atu2: "Irish tv station tv3 say U2 will be playing Aviva Stadium,Dublin this summer!! /via @bootsybah"

bootsybah: "TV3 say U2 are playing the Aviva Dublin in the summer to wrap up the 360 tour! Holy shit!!"

edit: here's the link for the video from show releasing the news
http://bit.ly/buUsD2

Well its right down the road from RDS Arena. Prefer the tour to end at RDS. They haven't played at RDS since Zoo TV.

O. M. G.

I was hoping they'd help Christen that stadium.

Now, I only need to not be an unemployed college graduate to justify going.

IF true, it would be great for everyone in Ireland :up:

When is this supposed to take place? Would only make sense in August, maybe first half of September, everything else seems a little late for Dublin.

Edit: Just saw that the rumoured date is at the end of the tour. Too late if you ask me. And I would love for Rome to be the last date. Mainly because I'll be there :sad:

I would not get too excited yet.

This report is in The Sun, you cannot believe what you read in this rag. Sometimes I even check that the date on the top of the page is right!!

Indeed great news for all Irish fans if this turns out to be true!
although that would also mean that McGuinne$$ is a big liar.
Didn't he say somewhere in november last year about the Glasto gig: "It will be the only date the band play in the UK and Ireland next year" ?

But anyway it would be great news. And at least they will end their European leg with a sold out show...

Now I start hoping for Dutch shows :D 8/9 September or 5/6 October could be great :up:

McGuinness could well have meant northern Ireland when he said UK and Ireland...? I dunno...

Either way, awesome stuff, but I'm a little dubious about the fact that they'd attempt to play Dublin in October... Rain... Rain... Wind... Snow, anyone? :crack: lol!

If it does happen though, count me in, that would mean my first gig of 360 was in Dublin and my last :hyper::love:

I would not get too excited yet.

This report is in The Sun, you cannot believe what you read in this rag. Sometimes I even check that the date on the top of the page is right!!

I'd have said the same thing until they successfully broke the U2 at Glastonbury story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom