Get the party started in Chicago with Elevation!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry's Lady

Babyface
Hey everyone~

Just to let you know, Elevation--Chicago's very own and the greatest U2 tribute band on the planet--have a couple of shows this week to get the party in Chi-town started a couple of days early!

****Thursday night, head out to Hoghead McDunna's at 1505 W. Fullerton to catch Danno and the boys! Show starts at 10. I think there's a $5 cover. See below for directions.

****Friday night, come out for a special U2 Eucharist at Fourth Presbyterian Church to thank God for bringing U2 into our lives! Fourth Prez is located at 126 E. Chestnut, just off Michigan Avenue. Service starts at 8.

Hope to see a lot of U2 die-hards at the shows! Elevation DOES NOT disappoint! They may not quite be "better than the real thing," but they're close. But come out and see for yourself!

Slainte!
Jen
"U2 is my addiction; Elevation is my "Miracle Drug."

Check out their website at:
Elevation - USA's Premier U2 Tribute Band - Official Site

Directions to Hoghead McDunna's:
If you're coming from downtown, take the Red Line northbound (toward Howard) or the Brown Line northbound (toward Kimball). Get off at the Fullerton stop. From there, take the #74 Fullerton Ave. bus westbound to Fullerton and Greenview. Cash fare is $2.50 and it should take about 20-30 minutes. After the show, the bus won't be running, so you'll want to take a cab (about a 5 minute ride) back to the Fullerton train station and take the Red Line back downtown (toward 95th). Depending on the time, you might be able to take the Brown Line southbound (toward the Loop) but I think the last train leaves Fullerton at 12:45 a.m.

Directions to Fourth Presbyterian Church
Fourth Prez is located just off Michigan Ave. in the heart of Chicago's Magnificent Mile and near Water Tower Place. It's about a mile walk from Millennium Park (Randolph and Michigan) or you could take the Red Line to the Chicago stop which let's off at Chicago and State. From there walk 2 blocks east (toward the lake) to Michigan Ave., turn left at Michigan, then walk a block or two north to Chestnut. The church will be on the left. You could also take the #147 Outer Drive bus or the #151 Sheridan bus, or any number of buses that go up and down Michigan Ave, or even the free trolley, I think. Just ask the driver where you'd need to get off for Michigan and Chestnut.

Use the following links for trip planners for more precise directions from your exact location:

Plan Your Trip With the RTA!

Chicago's CTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom