East Rutherford 2 Thread (Sept. 23-24)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
think i can make it to giants stadium from boston by 9pm?! :hmm:
can't believe no more shows for me this year. :sad:

can't wait to read tonights reviews! :D

Pick me up, wouldja? I work in Boston (Live in RI)
went to both boston shows.
Starting looking into others but man not only are most GA's sold out, but they're going for way more than face.
For Boston, you could get them less than face on day of.

The claw is amazing. Be sure to watch the claw legs when they hoist up the U2 lighting guys-it's pretty cool.

Soundchecked today
Unknown Caller, Streets

And tweeted:
U2start: GA line in NY is long now. Long queues are back . . .

Soundchecked today
Unknown Caller, Streets

And tweeted:
U2start: GA line in NY is long now. Long queues are back . . .

I think all the talk about a parking shortage is going to make most of us get to the Meadowlands far earlier than we otherwise would, GA or not. Plus the Giants Stadium show probably is one of those that will attract a lot of people from other states and countries due to its NYC proximity. All of us who aren't working (I took off most of this week) will be heading there as soon as we can! I have a seat, but I'll be sitting in the car reading and such until the gates open.

Hey, anybody know what they do if you have GA tix, but you've got someone on crutches with you? My brother busted his knee and wants to go, but don't know if it's feasible.

Thanks for any help on this.

I was on crutches (broken foot) Sunday at Gillette but I had seats. We were able to avoid the regular lines to get in and we were able to walk across the field to get out (much easier than going up and around and down more stairs....) One of the team ops on the floor told me that I could've gotten a floor seat in the ADA section--not sure where but atleast it was an option. Can't hurt for you to ask! Good luck and be careful (I had a few people bump into me...ouch!)

I read on several sites that Springsteen is expected to appear on stage with U2 today for his birthday, he was rehearsing in Giants stadium in the afternoon. I hope it's true.

Aint no way I'm sleeping tonight !!

I'm not sleeping, oh no, no no
I'm not sleepin', oh no

Good bye, Ruby Tuesday...

apparently, I'm going crazy.:D

Anyone interested in meeting up somewhere in NYC (preferably near Port Authority) tomorrow with my group around 1-2pm to go by bus to the Meadowlands?

I've got a pretty good idea on how to get there, but I don't want to end up in the middle of East Rutherford nowhere near the stadium. If you're a native or familiar with the route, send me an email (ufvertigo[[at]]gmail[[dot]]com).

I think all the talk about a parking shortage is going to make most of us get to the Meadowlands far earlier than we otherwise would, GA or not. Plus the Giants Stadium show probably is one of those that will attract a lot of people from other states and countries due to its NYC proximity. All of us who aren't working (I took off most of this week) will be heading there as soon as we can! I have a seat, but I'll be sitting in the car reading and such until the gates open.

Hope to see you some where, come hang with me on the ga line even though you have a seat!!!

A friend of mine who went tonight said that the train was hot and not good, took her a long time got outter part of the pit and said it was good where she was standing. No Bruce so far.....:hmm:

Just got home...So freakin hot it was awful outside! Had 1st row red zone and it was unbelieveable except for the dead crowd in my section! Hate that I have seats tomorrow-G'night all..

Just got home...concert was incredible...

Walked by the GA line.. Only looked like there was 200 people give or take online around 3:30.... At least 300 more showed up by 5:00.

My seats (113 row 6) were incredible.. The energy in the stadium would have blown the roof off if it had one.. I recorded much of the concert on my camera.. Bits and pieces of most songs... a few full versions..I'll post them tomorrow morning or Friday.. Unfortunately my battery died during Ultraviolet.. Magnificent as number two was a nice surprise as was No Line late in the set..Sad they didn't play Unknown Caller.. Could have did without Stuck, but I peed during that song anyway.. Bono said something about being Out of Control at some point..(can't remember where) Does that count as a snippet? Crazy Tonight live is incredible...

Your Blue Room is incredible live, but 80% section got up and walked away or sat down during it.

Muse was awesome in a stadium.. I really hope their popularity explodes after this..

Traffic getting out was nuts... Took me 20 minutes to get away from the stadium.. Leave early!

I have GA tomorrow...oh boy!

I just got home ten minutes ago.
The show, as an overall, was good, not 100% great.
Bono's voice is faltering, unfortunately. I think he was saving it for Ultraviolet.

Mozzy

EDIT: not totally necessary to go so early if GA, i got a decent position and i finally made it when muse started playing.

One question... Was NLOTH even released in Jersey? lol. The crowd was not into the new stuff AT ALL.

Can't say.... but yeah, the crowd was rather apathetic.
I was the only guy jumping at Sunday Bloody Sunday :huh:
I expected this somehow, being this my first US gig and my previous U2 experiences in Argentina (which were far warmer than yesterday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom