Dublin2..."25th July" Fan meetings & Gatherings etc...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they often check age in Irish pubs? Maybe if you look a bit older than your age you won't have a problem...

Do they often check age in Irish pubs? Maybe if you look a bit older than your age you won't have a problem...

If there's no guard outside and you don't order anything it should be fine right? You can tell them that your there with your mother MissVelvetDress :wave:

Here in brazil, usually they only check when you order an alcoholic drink.
and the best Irish Pub of my city I can go inside if I'm with someone under 18. So, I think it might be the same... :hmm::hmm::hmm:
And I look older than I'm, most of people say that...

Some places in the US check at the door and some check when you order a drink. There is no shame in trying

In almost all Irish pubs there will be no one on the door DURING THE DAY to ask for ID's, they will normally only ask at the bar if you look underage in that situation.

So just make sure you get there before night-time and stay away from the bar counter and you'll be fine :D

In almost all Irish pubs there will be no one on the door DURING THE DAY to ask for ID's, they will normally only ask at the bar if you look underage in that situation.

So just make sure you get there before night-time and stay away from the bar counter and you'll be fine :D

Thank you. Those of us coming from far away to visit Ireland for the shows really apreciate you folks native to the country giving tips, advice and answering questions.

I have been a few times to Dublin and you can imagine the look no the locals faces when I tell them I don't drink and that I have only ever tried alcahol a sip of it "champagne" at a wedding once and that's it...I really do not like it even the smell canb't stand it not even in cooking. Someone actually thought that I was in AA and that's why I was'nt drinking lol he was Irish :|

Hi

If you are flying to another city and then onto Dublin, then the other irish airline is Ryanair which has most connections to Dublin and are usually cheap but BEWARE they are ruthless with their rules!!
The Owl

what are their ruthless rules? i may fly on ryanair from london to dublin as a connection

Ryanair are infamous, almost hated in the UK for their add-on fees. You may get a VERY cheap flight (possibly even free) but they'll hammer you for charges if you:

1) check luggage into the hold

2) don't check-in online if you say you will

3) check in at the airport

4) carry any excess weight in your baggage

5) try to carry more than one piece of hand luggage (including a £30 fee if any duty free you buy doesn't fit in your hand luggage)

6) you will pay £4 per person per flight credit card fee if you pay with a card which isn't a Visa Electron card

7) crap food and drinks on board are extortionate

8) I'm sure there are others I've forgotten

Check Ryanair's quite funny, sarcastic piss take on their own policies here.

But I still fly with Ryanair and ensure I follow their system to get incredibly cheap flights.

I hate those add on fees. I'm only checking one bag, so I hope I don't get charged.

I'm going on Delta and they charge $15 to check one bag, $25 for 2 per ticketed passenger. I'm choosing a carry on. It is a challenge I need to take on since I always overpack but this time I won't. I should be able to minimize enough to carrry on for a 5 day trip. Airlines charging for baggage now what'll it be next? To use the lavatory onboard?:shifty:

I'm wouldn't be surprised if they don't charge for a blanket and pillow on an overnight flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom