Dublin2..."25th July" Fan meetings & Gatherings etc...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How I respond to the weather change will be tested tomorrow. It went into the 90's today and tomorrow it will be in the lower 60's upper 50's.

Allergies! *uggh*

I usually start taking Airborne when I'm on the plane. And then for a couple of days after. I start feeling sick as soon as I land, so this has worked pretty well.

I might buy a pack and take one just in case. So far I haven't had any problems with the weather change

Hey Guys, I have to tell someone!! I got home today from a 5 day break in Wales and my Dublin2 tickets were on the door mat!!! :D They must have come yest or today as my sister was round at the house on Wed night and they werent here then! They could have been lying there for 30 hours! I am Soooooo excited! This will be my 1st time seeing U2. Hopefully will be able to meet up with some likeminded, excited ppl before or after the gig too! (Most of my friends just dont get it!) xx

My friend in Ireland just got our tickets finally! :applaud: I was beginning to worry since so many of you in the US have been receiving your tickets and they hadn't received theirs and they live in Ireland!! No worries for me anymore! :up:

All I'm waiting for is for the guy I'm swapping with to get his, but I have the tix for my birthday show

Thanks Laura....and good luck to you with the swap. I think it's so cool you're getting to see the boys on your birthday. I am SO going to be "pray"ing that they will recognize a sign or something and you will get a Bono hug at the very least for your birthday!!!

I'm still trying to think of something to put on the sign. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Even if I get to meet him before the show and ask for a pic with him for my birthday would make it more special. Even just being there is already special

I agree with you on just being there being a special enough occasion. How about wear an outfit that stands out like a shirt and a baseball cap that says IT'S MY BIRTHDAY?

I'm going to the mall in a few weeks to try and find something. What do you think the temperature would be like. I'm thinking the 60's or so

I'm going to get one. I thought they would be expensive, but they really aren't

:up: I've got the electrical converter from last trip. I try not to bring things requiring electrical outlets but I will have my curling iron, my cell phone and iPod this trip, so I will need it.

Also if you are checking baggage or want to keep your bag locked, TSA approved locks are recommended. I love the travel item websites, there are all kinds of goodies you can get suckered into buying!

I'm bringing my ipod, laptop and my digital camera has a chargable battery, so I will need one

For those of you who need electrical adapters, Rick Steves (he is my travel God) has them on sale.

Rick Steves' Travel Store : European Electrical Adapters

You will also need a voltage converter, I learned this the hard way during my first visit over seas, after I almost blew up my hairdryer.
This one is an example:Amazon.com: VOLTAGE CONVERTER 45W FOR 110/120V AMERICAN PRODUCTS TO BE USED IN EUROPE AND ASIA-VM 45G: Automotive

This is the type of adapter you will need:
Using Electrical Equipment in Ireland

For those of you who need electrical adapters, Rick Steves (he is my travel God) has them on sale.

You will also need a voltage converter, I learned this the hard way during my first visit over seas, after I almost blew up my hairdryer.
This one is an example:Amazon.com: VOLTAGE CONVERTER 45W FOR 110/120V AMERICAN PRODUCTS TO BE USED IN EUROPE AND ASIA-VM 45G: Automotive

Thanks for all your help :hug:

Is there any stores in the US I can go to that sells these or do I have to buy them online?

I bought a Samsonite collection of international plug converter/adapter at Boscov's last year. It looks like this: Amazon.com: Samsonite Converter/Adaptor Plug Kit with Pouch, Charcoal Grey: Apparel
It turns out to be the handiest thing ever! Anywhere I travel, I just choose the converter I need for that country. The bad thing is that there's only one type of converter in the set. So I had to borrow my friend's as well because I usually need one for my laptop, and one for my camera.
Yep, don't forget some appliances (like hairdryer) need a step down adapter as well. iPods, laptops and cameras usually come with adapters that can handle 120-240V, so all you need is a plug connector. But any other appliance that operates at 120V like the ones we have in the US won't work in countries with 240V electricity like Ireland. Unless you have that step down adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom