December 8th and 9th 2010 - Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
John Lennon thanks :angry: Even if he was an angry, cynical, abusive wanker.

Will it please stop raining already? What is it with U2 touring in summer and bringing their crap Irish weather with them? I remember it was 16 degrees day before they played Adelbrain in 2006!

So the weather forecast for Brisbane is rain?

We were very lucky in Melbourne not to get rain during either of the shows. Perhaps our luck is due to run out.

John Lennon thanks :angry: Even if he was an angry, cynical, abusive wanker.

Will it please stop raining already? What is it with U2 touring in summer and bringing their crap Irish weather with them? I remember it was 16 degrees day before they played Adelbrain in 2006!

Thank god they're not playing here today. :laugh:

I'm sure the lightning would've struck that mirrorball on top of that claw, now that'd be rawk'n'rawl.

:rockon:

Thanks Vlad. That forecast doesn't look too bad. Are you a local?

I'll be flying up tomorrow morning from Sydney to join the GA line. Should arrive at Suncorp at around 10:30am. Will try to buy a cheap fold-up chair somewhere between my hotel (Ibis) and the venue. Being able to sit down makes it oh so much more bearable.

Well see you folks tomorrow. I land in Brisvegas around midday. Doing expensive seats so will get there prob sometime post Jay-z and pre-U2. Will try to make soundcheck. Sleep well folks!!!!! :wave:

I'm sure the lightning would've struck that mirrorball on top of that claw, now that'd be rawk'n'rawl.

:rockon:
then they'd be forced to play electrical storm! :giggle:

in all seriousness though, the disco ball has a lightning rod on top of it. it's only visible when you look very closely (i had to zoom in on it and take a photo and look later on my computer to see it).

blueeyedgirl said:
Well see you folks tomorrow. I land in Brisvegas around midday. Doing expensive seats so will get there prob sometime post Jay-z and pre-U2. Will try to make soundcheck. Sleep well folks!!!!! :wave:

POST jay-z?!?!?!? Are you crazy woman?!

Thanks Vlad. That forecast doesn't look too bad. Are you a local?

I'll be flying up tomorrow morning from Sydney to join the GA line. Should arrive at Suncorp at around 10:30am. Will try to buy a cheap fold-up chair somewhere between my hotel (Ibis) and the venue. Being able to sit down makes it oh so much more bearable.

No, not at all. I'm in Adelaide ... unfortunately. It's pretty easy to get this sort of information on the web. That particular site is quite reliable, I have a obsession with checking the weather every night. :wink:

I hope it rains! I think it will add something to the show!

If it gets too bad we may have a shortened set.

then they'd be forced to play electrical storm! :giggle:

in all seriousness though, the disco ball has a lightning rod on top of it. it's only visible when you look very closely (i had to zoom in on it and take a photo and look later on my computer to see it).

If it's in place of In A Little While then I'm all for it. Oh wait, then In A Little While would be played straight after, if you get what I mean.

Apparently less than 20,000 tickets have been sold for the 2nd show, what on earth is the deal there?!? :doh:

I will remember the 1st Sydney Vertigo show. Sunny all day, and it started raining JUST as Everyone finished and Edge started playing the opening atmospherics on COBL. Was an incredible moment

How's the line going?

Any soundcheck info?

Any chance of Instant Karma or anther Lennon/Beatles song to mark the anniversary of John's death?

All queueing at the same gate? Or do they have a couple of gates to queue at??

I'm gate D tomorrow and just wanna find out what's what 2day

Yes just one queue. We are on the grassy forecourt out the front of gate D. Parts of the queue are even covered which is nice.

I am in an uncovered section however and it is very hot and humid. Has to rain at some point.

What time are you coming tomorrow? The first 500 or so get a number on their wrist which is handy for later. Nobody can question your place.

8:30am is more than early enough. Today I got here at 11am and am 346. You probably don't need to come that early unless you want to be guaranteed to be front and centre a few rows back.

8:30am is more than early enough. Today I got here at 11am and am 346. You probably don't need to come that early unless you want to be guaranteed to be front and centre a few rows back.

Great thanks for that info Andrew. Enjoy the gig! I'll be seated for 2nights show, then on the field 2morrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom