December 8th and 9th 2010 - Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inner circle is easy to get into, and yet I still haven't gone in :p

I've got my gig at 9pm at X&Y Bar in the Valley tomorrow night. Feel free to come along! I'll be checking out the line situation after it's over and perhaps camping out if there are a few crazys around. :D

Agree that there is no pressing need to get into the inner circle. Anywhere close to the outer fence (first 10 rows say) is fine. However, one major difference I found is that once you get into the inner circle it is very easy to duck out for a pee or food or water and get back in. Whereas outside and you kind of get trapped. For Melbourne 1 I was on the outer fence 2 rows back and it filled up pretty quick and I decided it was just too hard to leave and I had no water with me. Closer to showtime (9pm) I had to ask security for water since I wasn't feeling too good. Bad planning I know. The inner circle on the other hand is mellow and very easy to come and go. After lining up for all those hours, it is nice to have the flexibility offered by being in the inner circle.

From a viewing perspective, I reckon being on the outer fence is possibly superior. If you position yourself inline with the left hand side overhanging speaker stack then Edge will walk out across the bridge towards you whilst playing the UTEOW solo. And that is a life changing event. Just make sure you go in there prepared not come out again.

Kind of ridiculous... I am doing 6 GA's. Spoilt for choice. I should try Adam's side of the stage for once. Too much love for Edge though. Little man. Big sound.

I've designated Brisbane as my "get as close as possible" city, but am fair nervous about doing the GA queue on my own :huh:, but excited all the same!

Also is Brisbane different to Melbourne in terms of the GA queue going in different gates, whereas Melb was just one?

In 2006, I did GA in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Each city had its own GA line procedures. Adelaide was a joke. Melbourne was fantastic (the security people were intelligent and caring) and Sydney was somewhere in between.

So long as there is some sort of system in place to maintain order then we should be well served. Helps in a way to get there early enough to get a number (first 500 in Melbourne got a number) since then your spot is unreversibly locked in.

Main thing is when you turn up, talk to security and talk to those around you in the queue and work out what the procedures are.

Just been down to the stadium. There are two people in the GA queue, the same two girls who were first at Melbourne 1 and 2.

It's raining, and it's quite humid. And apparently the forecast is for rain all week ...

In 2006, I did GA in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Each city had its own GA line procedures. Adelaide was a joke. Melbourne was fantastic (the security people were intelligent and caring) and Sydney was somewhere in between.

So long as there is some sort of system in place to maintain order then we should be well served. Helps in a way to get there early enough to get a number (first 500 in Melbourne got a number) since then your spot is unreversibly locked in.

Main thing is when you turn up, talk to security and talk to those around you in the queue and work out what the procedures are.

Thanks! :wave:

Nuts to be in the line up 2 days out.

Funny thing is in Melbourne it was raining all week as well. But it was fine for both shows. That was a miracle. Hope for the same in Brisbane.

Surely unless you have your heart set on a very specific spot then you don't need to be in the line up 2 days out from the show? Anywhere in the inner circle is fine. The earlier the totally loony get there the earlier the less loony people (but still keen nonetheless) have to get there. The totally loony getting there this early simply spooks everyone else.

I generally look to be in the line up before midday. Have always gotten a great spot. Have found that the difference say between 9am and midday isn't all that great.

This is based on my experience of doing 6 GA's in Australia (4 for Vertigo and 2 so far for 360). Perhaps different in other parts of the world.

Surely unless you have your heart set on a very specific spot then you don't need to be in the line up 2 days out from the show? Anywhere in the inner circle is fine. The earlier the totally loony get there the earlier the less loony people (but still keen nonetheless) have to get there. The totally loony getting there this early simply spooks everyone else.
besides, how many nights do you need to be in bono's lap to enjoy the show?

Vertigo Brisbane '06 was very well organised. With the exception of the faulty ticket scanner we had to deal with. There was only one queue line. From memory, no dickheads to speak of at all. Was down at the stadium earlier this evening. Suncorp Stadium is going to offer a very intimate 360 experience me thinks.

I'll be at Quadcaster's gig on Tuesday night. Come up and say hello if ya likes. I'll be the dude in the 'Jarvis' T shirt.:wave:

From a viewing perspective, I reckon being on the outer fence is possibly superior. If you position yourself inline with the left hand side overhanging speaker stack then Edge will walk out across the bridge towards you whilst playing the UTEOW solo. And that is a life changing event. Just make sure you go in there prepared not come out again.

Video – Myspace Video

Yeah very true about the really nutcase people spooking everybody else into lining up earlier then they have to. I wish they would stop camping out two nights ahead. One night is more then enough!:angry:

cobl04 said:
mate it's the 6th of December update your sig :wink:

what time are you lining up Danny? everyone else? i land at Brisbane at 1, getting picked up at roughly 2, then whatever happens happens with the cousins.

ax is right when he says that the inner zone is easy to get into.

Hahaa. I'm using an iPhone app, so I don't think it's easy to change the sig! :wink:

We were thinking of lining up pretty late. 4-5...maybe a bit earlier. Will let you know later on.

cathalmc said:
For some people that *is* having a life. Queuing for 24 hours isn't that different from queuing for 48 hours to me. You're all crazy fools!

Difference is Cathal, that we aren't seeing them hundreds of times on the one tour like you :p

24 hours is boarderline.

does anyone know the time that u2 still start? what time did they start in melbourne?
a few friends have been asking me and i really dont know if it's 8:00pm or 9:00pm....

Thanks

In Melbourne they started just after 9pm. Given the sun sets one hour earlier in Brisbane they should come on stage 1 hour earlier. So just after 8pm at the earliest and perhaps as late as 8:30pm depending on exactly when it gets dark. The Vertigo tour in 2006 was similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom