December 18th and 19th 2010 - Subiaco Oval - Perth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
:love:

For all existing fanclub members, the the presale begins on Thursday, 26 August at 11am and runs until noon on Monday, 30 August. Yes, that is for all four old subscriber groups: Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots.

For new fanclub members, there will be a separate presale after the presale for existing members. New members will be allocated to a fifth subscriber group, named Cedar. The Cedar presale begins on Monday, 30 August at 1pm and runs until midday on Wednesday, 1 September.

General Public Sale September 3rd 2010 9AM (LOCAL TIME)

Ticket Site: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13004514D31758EC?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Is it just me or is Ticketmaster not selling these tix yet? And I refresh, and refresh, and refresh ...

Cathalmc, you posted at 8:18am Perth time, too early for tickets. I hope you got some eventually!

Yeah, me too! Missed out in both sales, hope there are some ticket drops before the shows.

Muse are also playing in Perth on 19th December:

MUSE

Be nice to see U2 on the 18th and Muse on the 19th!

Best seats at Australian Perth show?

The show in Perth is set on our football oval which is obviously oval shaped.

I bought some tickets for the 2nd show ($179 each) but they are quite a way away from the stage at the back of the oval, slightly to the right at the back of the oval.

I had a crack at trying to get better tix and ended up getting seats ($300 each) right on the left side of the stage (as you are facing the stage) - kind of hard to explain but the section of seating is right in between one of the front and back "claws".

obviously the second lot of tix are closer to the band but not sure if we are at the side of the stage if we will get a better view. on the diagram of the concert I have seen there are 2 red sections showing between the claws and I am not sure if this part is filled in with walls or speakers or anything that will obstruct our view?

Can anyone who has seen the concert help? Thank you very much :)

Yeah, me too! Missed out in both sales, hope there are some ticket drops before the shows.

Muse are also playing in Perth on 19th December:

MUSE

Be nice to see U2 on the 18th and Muse on the 19th!

Thats what i doing! Got tickts to both, then saw the second show went shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!! but oh well, get to see them both, can't complain! Might go to Sydney if the need gets too strong! hahaha

well if the red zone is the best and we are right behind it, its all looking awesome :D

Perth Hotels

Can anyone recommend some hotels near the stadium? (close to pubs and restaurants would be a plus too)

Looking for something midrange (no hostel/backpaker joint, no Ritz either)

Coming from Washington, DC for the shows and have never been to Perth before

The train line is right near the oval so you could train it into Perth CBD, lots of hotels there. (and backpackers, and the equivalent of the Ritz) If you go to Wotif.com: Hotels, Accommodation, Motels, Serviced Apartments, B&B - Online hotel bookings with instant confirmation and click on the map at the top you can see where the hotels are. The Ibis hotel can have some cheap deals, but the tour is in school holidays and Christmas so I dunno how cheap you are going to get. Good luck!

You could walk to Subiaco, there would be some accomodation there somewhere, I cant think what though. I would doubt there would be any hostels or backpacker places in Subiaco, its a posh suburb.

Its the Perth to Fremantle train line that is near Subiaco Oval. If you get really stuck you could try accommodation in Fremantle. Im not sure if the number of trains after the show is even.ie are there the same amount of trains heading into Perth as heading to Freo. Does anyone know? It would be important to work that out before booking in Fremantle. Anywhos, thats another option.

Its the Perth to Fremantle train line that is near Subiaco Oval. If you get really stuck you could try accommodation in Fremantle. Im not sure if the number of trains after the show is even.ie are there the same amount of trains heading into Perth as heading to Freo. Does anyone know? It would be important to work that out before booking in Fremantle. Anywhos, thats another option.

thanks for the info

any opinion on this place? The Marque Hotel

I'm still on my phone. The marquee hotel is on mount street which is near st George terrace which is where all the skyscrapers and offices are. Not much fun down there. The main streets of Perth with interesting stuff are hay st and Murray st. It's probably a 5 minute walk to hay st and then another 5 minutes over to northbridge if you want to eat dinner. Still if you are just going to sleep there it may not matter

I'll have a better look when my kids sports carnival has finished and I'm back at my desk.

I went ahead and booked the Esplanade. Anyone else staying in Fremantle?

HI Beershack: I live in Freo and think you have picked a great spot to stay. Make sure you walk across the park in front of the hotel to Kailis Brothers or Joes Fish Shack or Little Creatures. Little Creatures is great for a beer and pizza type meals (they do others), the others are more your fish and chip type restaurants with great atmosphere. Little Creatures use to be a crocodile farm back in the day. There are lots of boats, the ocean (obviously) and it is worth a walk up to the Round House (go across the railway track and turn right). From Fremantle to Subi is approx 1/2 hour on the train and probably the best way to get the concert. You should be able to get free train ride if you show your U2 ticket on the day of the show.

For your information, at the moment the temp is HOT!
Hope this helps.:D

still looking around for cheap last min accom, yes stupid i know!

lets get this thread working again! Who's excited?! 18 days to go!!! :D

Unfortunately, with the school hols everything is pretty expensive. As above, Freo is about 30 minutes train trip from Subi, so might give you more options. Good luck!

Does anyone know what time the show finishes roughly?? I'm guessing around 11pm??

Will there be extra trains running that day?? I'm planning on catching the train from Thornlie into the city and then to Subiaco. I hardly ever go anywhere by train but I'm thinking it will be better than driving there and trying to park. I'm still trying to decide which is better, driving or taking the train. If I do decide to drive in, is there lots of parking at Subi oval?? I don't really want to go by taxi because they take forever to come. It would be okay getting there but trying to get home would be hard.

I can't wait for the show!!! I love U2 and I've got a ticket in the reserved seating section. I paid $299.00 for it but I don't care because I've always wanted to see U2 live!!

Blue Eyed Girl! I missed this message. When are you flying over? We can catch up! Please send me a pm, poke, or somefink. Ta.

Amy, Im doing GA, and so is Tania.

Madam-Captain, last nights show finished just after 11:00am. I presume there will be extra trains on the Freo line, dunno about Thornlie line. Isnt that line a bit hit-or-miss at the best of times? Maybe park your car at a carpark near a non-Subi station on the Freo line and train it in. I reckon the parking will be terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom