December 18th and 19th 2010 - Subiaco Oval - Perth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The show was beyond words...............too hard to describe the fantastic feeling I got from all the songs. Words wouldn't do it justice and it was such an amazing show!! I loved it when Bono started singing 'Amazing Grace' and when he wished everyone a Merry Christmas!! The claw was incredible, I loved the pointy thing at the top, how it changed colours during each song. At first I wasn't sure how the claw would 'work' but when it was all lit up, it just added so much more to the show!! Everything about this show was just so good!!!!

Spending $200 plus was so worth it and I would do it again if U2 ever come back to Perth...........Plus I would recommend chauffeur cars to anyone, no waiting in line for trains/buses/taxis that never turn up. And only a bit more expensive than a taxi, I will definitely use them again if I go to anymore concerts.

You must have been just near me. I was second row about 4 towards Adam's side. :wave:

I know what you mean, re "beyond words" ... :D

I was front row Adam's side at about 9'oclock (if the front of the stage is 12 o'clock) very near the blue-haired chick with the Achtung Baby shirt

i strolled in just as Jay-Z hit the stage and was able to walk right in to the inner circle :wave:

Hi Tania- I think I met you! My name is Anna. Black floral dress, manic smile the entire concert, dark hair and eyes (half Italian). I'm slowly figuring out that most people who were around me are members on this forum. Emphasis on SLOWly. Lol.

Yep, we did :hug:

Crazy, awesome night. :D

I was front row Adam's side at about 9'oclock (if the front of the stage is 12 o'clock) very near the blue-haired chick with the Achtung Baby shirt

i strolled in just as Jay-Z hit the stage and was able to walk right in to the inner circle :wave:

Nice work:applaud:

I was about 4 people from the centre of the stage, towards Adam's side.

Where you near the kiddliwinks who got up? :cute:

I loved when the kiddliwinks got up on stage. How exciting for them, to be right next to Bono!! It was great when he had them sitting next to him and he put his arms around them...........such an awesome experience for those kids, they will be talking about that for years!!! The scary thing is, when I was the age those kids are now, I already knew about U2!!!! I'm really showing my age now!! Which song was he singing when those kids went up?? I can't remember!!

I think I went nuts during just about every song!! My jaw is sore today from singing very loudly!!!

What did everyone think of that weird round microphone thingy that was lit up red??

I didn't really like Jay Z at all. They seemed to be on for ages when it probably wasn't that long. Then waiting for U2 to come on seemed to take even longer - it felt like time stood still. I was so excited that I could hardly sit still lol!!

It was such an awesome experience and I can't stop talking about it. I really hope they come back to Perth one day!! Surely this can't be their last tour...........but they arn't getting any younger so maybe we could all go back in time or something........I remember when they were in Australia last. My brother-in-law apparently 'jumped the fence' and got to see U2 in Sydney (or so the story goes). He told me that him and his mate were on their way to the mardi gras but they knew U2 were in town - so they decided to go there instead. He said they got over this huge fence and his mate cut his hand really bad on some wire. They wrapped it up as best they could (not sure what they used) and somehow, got past security. They made it right up the front, where people had paid a 'shit load' for their tickets. They said the show was awesome!! Then they spent the rest of the night in emergency because his mate needed stitches in his hand............

I've done my dash with GA. When I got to Subi on Sat night and gazed at over the packed, but seriously packed GA, me and my friend both had the same reaction: :yikes:

:lol:

And I think we might be able to get a 2 for 1 deal on the frames....

Hi Beershack,
No I was right next to Tania and out-crazying her.

I was right next to Tania and Anna and out-crazing both of them. The Italians (boys), who were GOING OFFFFFF!!! said that I went through the roof, which is pretty accurate description. The nutters said I was nutty so I win! :D

Beershack, where you there on Saturday too? I was on the rail on Adams side on Saturday night (just in the odd chance you went for the same spot two nights in a row). You missed a fab show if you missed Jay Z. Lots of great energy!

Blue Eyed Girl, sorry we missed you! Im sure we'll end up in the same city at another date.

Tania and I long ago sorted out the colour coordination of our granny scooters. Tania is having Ferrari red and Im having British racing green. We will do bog laps around the old folks home with the stereo on full bore and our hearing aids cranked up to 11 !

Tell me about it... :crack:

:p

:lol: You better come to the next Perth shows, Marty. GA consisted of lying under some nice big trees and chatting, before a leisurely sprint (the security weren't in the least bit concerned) across the field and into our fav spots. We got to sit down and relax (none of this standing for the next 27 thousand hours before Jay-Z made us bounce :cute:). The party atmosphere started well before we got in.

Next time they come, I'm planning on doing all 32 shows in Australia :)sexywink: I have it on good authority that that's how many we will get:lol:)

blueeyedgirl said:
I've done my dash with GA. When I got to Subi on Sat night and gazed at over the packed, but seriously packed GA, me and my friend both had the same reaction: :yikes:

But does this mean that if I was near you you'd get angry cos I'm standing up in my seat? And do you still get up and rock out to songs? And does the tutu speech remind you of Rob Sitch? :sad:

Tania, after the show about 20 of us went back to the tree and formed a queue, ha, ha. Lots of fun. Then we went and sat in the gutter outside the kebab shop as you do.

:up: Great, I love a good bargain.

You girls are making me laugh! Sounds like you had a great time. I crazy'd it up in Melbourne... much to the delight of the depressed sods around me.

I was right next to Tania and Anna and out-crazing both of them. The Italians (boys), who were GOING OFFFFFF!!! said that I went through the roof, which is pretty accurate description. The nutters said I was nutty so I win! :D

Beershack, where you there on Saturday too? I was on the rail on Adams side on Saturday night (just in the odd chance you went for the same spot two nights in a row). You missed a fab show if you missed Jay Z. Lots of great energy!

:up: Yay, a win to the younger of the geriatrics :applaud:

But does this mean that if I was near you you'd get angry cos I'm standing up in my seat? And do you still get up and rock out to songs? And does the tutu speech remind you of Rob Sitch? :sad:
I video'd the Desmond Tutu speech last night. Just because of Rob Sitch. :love:

Blue Eyed Girl, sorry we missed you! Im sure we'll end up in the same city at another date.

Tania and I long ago sorted out the colour coordination of our granny scooters. Tania is having Ferrari red and Im having British racing green. We will do bog laps around the old folks home with the stereo on full bore and our hearing aids cranked up to 11 !

Yep, zooming around and getting in people's faces, yelling about wanting to RIOT!!!

Tania, after the show about 20 of us went back to the tree and formed a queue, ha, ha. Lots of fun. Then we went and sat in the gutter outside the kebab shop as you do.
And here's us queuing up for the buses!!!!!

(Perth bus drivers are mental. Not standing in the bendy bit next time!!!) :lol:

:lol: OMG! That's hilarious. I wish I could have stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom