December 13th and 14th 2010 - ANZ Stadium - Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a press conference today? They don't normally do that sort of thing, do they? A press conference mid way thru the Australian dates would be strange.

bloody triple MMM . . . they kept hinting all day and they mentioned a press conference about 10am so I listened like a complete saddo nearly all day ( :der: ) and I usually avoid that station like the plague ~ I thought it was an odd thing to announce too and I listened until a couple of hours ago and nothing but promo's and chances to win tix and tour of the claw ~ they headed out to ANZ stadium and had snippety chats with crew and stage managers etc . . . and I think they chatted to a few of the bods who have been there since yesterday . . . I give up now . . . off to get my beauty sleep ( ha! ) for tomorrow :D

and to anyone heading out there tomorrow ~ have a fabbity time :hug: :) :happydance:

EDIT - the short answer, andrew cowley, is no, I don't think there was a press conference :lol:

Do we have a status report on the GA line? I'll be there in approx 3 hours time.

Assume there is a numbering system (up to 500) in place same as Melbourne and Brisbane?

So you can't pick which line you want to join? That's gonna create problems if so. People will intuitively join the shorter line when their ticket says they should be in the other line.

Informed from Sydney that the support act and his buddy were busy corrupting the headliners over the weekend? Hope all voices are in full working order - very jealous... a setlist party I am not looking forward to...

I am in the Gate F queue. No 274. Seems mellow. Very hot though and not nearly as nice as Brissie with its grass. Word is that security will not count people through to the turnstyles in number order like Brisbane. Pity since that worked really well. So I expect a shitfight later on.

Informed from Sydney that the support act and his buddy were busy corrupting the headliners over the weekend? Hope all voices are in full working order - very jealous... a setlist party I am not looking forward to...
neither am i Earnie, and i'm only an hour's flight away not 24!!!

i didn't realise the first show was today i thought it was tomorrow!

Just walked past the line, looks quite relaxed. Bout350 people at gate f. We are seated tonight, so imoff to the city for a few hours. Enjoy the line all

i will be singing on the train to and back... i'll instigate singing more obscure less poppier songs

ie stay, daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car, the first time :wave:

:wave: i just came back from getting my RZ tickets - the GA line was up to 488, and so hot! but everyone looks like they are enjoying themselves - what a great atmosphere!

Am in. In the pit. Usual spot for me to lurk. Back toward the fence, Edges side.

Stupid GA line up. Was a bit of a mess. Bad bad Sydney.

Soundcheck was late. Full band (incl Bono) and they did AiWIY over and over. Fingers crossed that is for tonight.

. . . I still can not believe that after 30 years this band just covers me in goosebumps, gives me moments that can only be described as pure joy and make the 89,999 other people that are at a show just disappear :heart:

. . . that I got to hear Bad again live after what feels like a foreverness of waiting :loveshower:

^ I'm you bono_man2002 . . . absolutely f:censored:ing loved it . . . right behind the red zone in the seated area, adam's side :hi5: about half way up . . . just blew me away . . . :heart:

Have ants in mah pants for tonights show . . . red zone, edge's side . . . bring it :drool:

Sydney GA Lines

Sydney has 2 GA lines and the tickets say which line you should be in. Anyone know if you must follow this? I am meeting up with someone today and we are both doing GA. What if our tickets are different?

dan_smee said:
Fucking mental last night. They had so much fun! Number 73 in the line. Good vibe, going to be hot though!

Last night was freezing till Jay-Z came on. Then once people gathered around as u2 were going to walk on stage that natural GA heat came though :laugh:

my first u2 gig, i really wanted to see them 20 years ago, i would have jumped over a river to see them.

but after last night, im not going to another u2 gig after this

they played the gig all night pretty much with their backs turned to us, and i had to use my binoculars to see the members side on to us.

and 70000 people? that's just too much! whats the whole point of this gathering of masses anyway?
the people werent particularly great either, ive never seen so many families, mums and dads. you'd think there'd be 2 people who didnt know each other being on the same wavelength for the liking of the music.

1/2 a star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom