Baltimore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point.

Did your source indicate U2 were attempting to book a show in Baltimore in July 2010?Or did this just come from the attempt to book the stadium early in 2009 for the fall?

Its coming from my Ravens season ticketholder rep. He's been fairly reliable in the past, but I wouldnt go booking any hotel rooms just yet.

If it really takes a minimum of 9 days to transfer the Claw to the next city, then Baltimore won't be possible within the given time frame. Prior to the last three cities, there has always been a minimum of 9 days between the cities for each Claw, but I'm not sure if that is the absolute minimum. If they could cut it to 7 days, then Baltimore has a shot for a show on the 14th of July.

It doesn't take a minimum of 9 days. Just look at the 2009 schedule. The claw in DC on 2009-09-29 got to Atlanta for the show on 2009-10-06.

Miami claw in Montreal (9th /16th)

1650 miles driving - I'm not sure if they switch drivers, etc. but that would take over 2 days based on the legal max. truck drivers can drive in a day. The 600 miles for the screen to go in 2 days are also tight (including setup and teardown).

It doesn't take a minimum of 9 days. Just look at the 2009 schedule. The claw in DC on 2009-09-29 got to Atlanta for the show on 2009-10-06.

Excellent Point! It also only took the claw 7 days to go from Norman to Pasadena California.

So, 7 days is not a problem at all which means the following schedule with Baltimore added in could definitely work!

Anaheim 1&2 June 6-7: Claw A
Salt Lake City June 10: Claw B
Denver June 12: Claw C

Oakland 1&2 June 16-17: Claw A
Seattle June 20: Claw B
Edmonton 1&2 June 23-24: Claw C

Minneapolis June 27: Claw A
East Lansing June 30: Claw B
Toronto July 3: Claw C

Chicago July 6: Claw A
Miami July 9: Claw B
Philadelphia July 12: Claw C

Baltimore July 14: Claw A
Montreal 1&2 July 16-17: Claw B
East Rutherford July 19: Claw C

1650 miles driving - I'm not sure if they switch drivers, etc. but that would take over 2 days based on the legal max. truck drivers can drive in a day. The 600 miles for the screen to go in 2 days are also tight (including setup and teardown).

Well, Norman to Pasadena was 1,339 miles of driving. So this would only be 300 miles further to something they have already done. As for the screen, 600 miles is 10 hours on the road.

Also check out these big moves:

Nice To Dublin then Dublin to Chorzow Poland.

How about Gothenburg Sweden to Zagrab Croatia in 8 days.

Phoenix Arizona to Vancouver Canada in 8 days.(1,647 miles estimated to take 25 hours to drive. Cut this down by one day and you have Miami to Montreal.

Well, Norman to Pasadena was 1,339 miles of driving. So this would only be 300 miles further to something they have already done. As for the screen, 600 miles is 10 hours on the road.

I-95 is slow compared to the Western interstates, and goes next to major urban areas and their rush hours. The speed limits out West are 75mph. 8 days is enough, but 7 days may not be because 3 days are needed for claw construction and 2 days for claw teardown.

I-95 is slow compared to the Western interstates, and goes next to major urban areas and their rush hours. The speed limits out West are 75mph. 8 days is enough, but 7 days may not be because 3 days are needed for claw construction and 2 days for claw teardown.

Well, 7 days has been shown to be plenty and its not at all clear how fast these huge trucks have been traveling on the roads. You'd have to believe that they just barely made it from Norman to Pasadena given the distance and time, if you believe that Miami to Montreal is too far to go in 7 days. If distance and time are really a problem, this stuff can be air lifted. Just look at how they got from the South of France to Dublin Ireland and then from Dublin Ireland to southern Poland.

I think its very clear now that the logistics are not a problem for Baltimore given the other examples. Whether or not Baltimore gets a show will depend on what they feel the level of demand would be.

I would like to see Baltimore on the schedule :applaud: Mid week in July though whyyy no weekend shows!! Guess Ill find a way to make it to this if it happens. :hyper::hyper:

Well, 7 days has been shown to be plenty and its not at all clear how fast these huge trucks have been traveling on the roads. You'd have to believe that they just barely made it from Norman to Pasadena given the distance and time, if you believe that Miami to Montreal is too far to go in 7 days. If distance and time are really a problem, this stuff can be air lifted.

In any case, I doubt Baltimore will be getting a show. Actually, if you read my post, I think 7 days is sufficient for Norman to LA because trucks can cover maybe 1000 miles in a working day out west. That's not the case for bumper-to-bumper I-95 traffic. It'd be super-expensive to fly the claw (it's 70 containers (or 120?) or so per claw).

In any case, I doubt Baltimore will be getting a show.

I'm not sure it will be getting a show either, but it will depend on what they think demand would be, not the transport issues.

Actually, if you read my post, I think 7 days is sufficient for Norman to LA because trucks can cover maybe 1000 miles in a working day out west. That's not the case for bumper-to-bumper I-95 traffic.

Well, we don't actually know this for a fact. I-95 can be bumper to bumper, but its not always like that, plus there are plenty of ways around any bottle neck like that.

Bottom line, the distance and time between the shows is roughly the same. They probably could do it in 6 days, but give themselves a little bit more time.

It'd be super-expensive to fly the claw (it's 70 containers (or 120?) or so per claw).

Well, how do you think they got the claw from Southern France to Ireland? Then how do you think they got the claw from Ireland to southern Poland?

Well, how do you think they got the claw from Southern France to Ireland? Then how do you think they got the claw from Ireland to southern Poland?

Trucks and ferries.

Here's a quote from the Dublin blockade:

"U2 tour manager Jake Berry said the delays caused by the protest meant the trucks missed their intended morning ferry.
"We should all not be talking to you and (should be) on a boat," Mr. Berry, told reporters as several dozen residents protested beside three road junctions outside Croke Park."

Didn't they saw the CLAW takes 4 days to set up, show date(s), then 2 days tear down.

Maybe they are awaiting for possible added shows before finalizing dates.

Maybe after a couple issues in Europe and the given reason for the NYC switch, they routed the tour with less of a rigorous schedule? "Cheaper"(less of a $ risk) to have more off days in 2010 than 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom