August 9 & 10 - Stadium Maksimir - Zagreb, Croatia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Well, my fellow Interferencers, I'm absolutely delighted to see that U2 has finally, after years of false rumours or negotiations, included my hometown into their tour. One can expect amazing atmosphere and audience, typical for our country, even if the stadium is pretty crappy.

Roll on August the 10th!

This, as well as the return to Poland, are easily the best decisions made in regards to the dates we know about. Hopefully they'll play some shows east of Croatia over the next year or two, as well.

See you guys there, I just booked a room at the Astoria downtown for two nights...
Zagreb is expensive! Can't wait to be there :drool::drool::drool:

I will be there too :hyper: :hyper: ... as my best friend lives there so will be visiting from London and I cant wait to see U2 again...

Yep roll on 10th August indeed!

I may have the option of seeing them here in London too though through a public sale as I cant use my subscriber pre-sale code twice you see which sucks big time but theres still hope for next year! :lol:

Zagreb isn't expensive. You should come to Vienna, that's expensive.

We always go on holidays to Croatia, it's so beautiful.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

I got this information on Tuesday, but wasn't allowed to pass it forward. It wasn't easy keeping it a secret :angry:

I really wish I could go to this show, but there is no chance in hell I can make it as I start my new job on that day. Pity!!

I hope that I'll be able to buy tickets for this gig in usual stores in Zagreb.
I intend to use my presale code for Barcelona,a nd than I'll go to Zagreb gig with at least 30 of my friends :)

What about other major Austrian cities, last unicorn ?

I don't have a presale code. If - depending on time and especially prices - I'll go, it'll probably be Zagreb or Milan, using a concert agency and going with a bus.

im looking at going to this show, can any friendly croats tell me how easy it is to travel from ljubljana to zagreb, as its a lot cheaper to fly to ljubljana

well you might need a visa for Zagreb
Slovenia is in EU so thats dead easy

Check foreign office website

well you might need a visa for Zagreb
Slovenia is in EU so thats dead easy

Check foreign office website

You may need a visa to enter Croatia. As a British national you do not require a visa for tourist and business trips of less than three months. However, a visa may be required for other types of visit or stay.:up:

Yep, I'll try to be there :hyper:

I'd love to go to Zagreb as well, but in Slovakia tickets for this show won't be sold. Could you get tickets for this gig in Vienna? I can buy tickets to Chorzow, so we could do the exchange.

guys, how could I find some cheap accomodation in Zagreb? give me some suggestions

Whit this 360 stage we can expect around 60000 people on Maksimir, or am I wrong?
That's what they said on the news here :)

Anyway, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but it seems that history is repeating itself - the mayor of Zagreb and the director (or whatever) of the football club claim that nobody had asked them for permission for the concert, and that even though football games are never held on Mondays, it might be a problem since the stage takes 4 days to be set and pulled apart. The organization that is arranging the whole thing is having a press conference in about a week. We shall see.

:sad: oh good lord.

that is so stupid
its the biggest stadium they have

if not go to Split!

If i win the lottery i will go to every u2 gig i can!

that is so stupid
its the biggest stadium they have

if not go to Split!

If i win the lottery i will go to every u2 gig i can!
I know. I'm so scared right now, it could be so special. Zagreb is only a few miles away, I go to college there every day, it would be so wonderful to see U2 play in our ciaptal :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom