August 25, 2010 - Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear the smog has retuned to Moscow, still surprised that we haven't heard any official statement about the show, it's a little over a week from now right?
It'll take 3-4 days only to set up The Claw and all so we're bound to hear something pretty soon I think.

I'm not attending myself but it's interesting to follow the development of this thing...

The smog has returned this weekend but winds are expected to disperse it tomorrow. Temperatures are also due to drop by next week, so about 22 deg C and I think rain is due this week which should help with putting out the fires.

I am keeping everything crossed that the show goes ahead as I will be there.

Yeah the smog was back these days, but it wasn't that strong. Claypole is right about the forecasts; they state it will be +22 and raining on the 25th. The organizers of the Moscow gig say the concert will take place regardless the weather, smog or whatever, "it can't be cancelled or postponed" (news in Russian here). And the football game that was scheduled for August 21th on Luzhniki stadium is moved to another venue because the U2 team will be setting the stage on this day. So I think U2 are aware of the situation and ready to play this show.

The show is around the corner. I am very excited. Headed over from the west coast of the US to see this concert. Big trek and excited to be there for U2 playing its first RUssia show - and very excited to see the sights of Moscow and StP

I hope the rain stays away that evening but rain would be better than carbon monoxide smog!

Let's hope the ticket pick-up process at Kassir is painless. (fingers crossed but not hopeful)

Getting excited to travel!

Two days till I head out to Finland and then soon from there to Moscow! Very excited to be bringing my mom along for the adventure and meeting up with old Russian friends and U2 touring friends from around the world for the show!

Two days till I head out to Finland and then soon from there to Moscow! Very excited to be bringing my mom along for the adventure and meeting up with old Russian friends and U2 touring friends from around the world for the show!

Have fun! :)

Flew out of Denmark with Snow Patrol on Tuesday, they said the concert is on at this point, and that they would be surprised if it were cancelled.

I asked the singer, Gary Lightbody, if he was worried about his voice while singing in the smoke. "Uh, not until you just mentioned it", he said (laughter all around).

He then said, "If Bono can sing there for two hours, I can't complain about doing it for 45 minutes".

See you all in Moscow.

Flew out of Denmark with Snow Patrol on Tuesday, they said the concert is on at this point, and that they would be surprised if it were cancelled.

I asked the singer, Gary Lightbody, if he was worried about his voice while singing in the smoke. "Uh, not until you just mentioned it", he said (laughter all around).

He then said, "If Bono can sing there for two hours, I can't complain about doing it for 45 minutes".

See you all in Moscow.

Jealous at your meeting Snow Patrol on your flight. Gary was such a lovely guy when I met him. :love:

:lol: @ What you said to him. :wink:

Stop scaring rock stars!

:lol:

Have fun in Moscow everyone. :rockon: Wish I was doing this gig.

Cathal see you in Athens. :wink:

Thanks for the videos.

Have fun Colleen! :wave: I want to see sa pic of your Helsinki 2 setlist.

Great videos. Thanks! Does anyone have any idea what the news is reporting and/or what Bono said?

Not really any reporting, just random talking. From what I made out I think I heard something like "We welcome you" etc.

But it's not really much.

official russian dolls
u2splashright.jpg

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom