August 20 Don valley stadium Sheffield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to Ticketline today and they said they had still not received the GA tickets from the promoter (Live Nation/Ticketmaster) which is unbelieveable! They said the moment the receive them they will post SPecial Next Day Delivery.

Warby

On the ticketline website its says the Sheffield tickets are being sent out this Friday and GA tickets will require a signature,so hopefully we should get them Saturday/Monday

Ste:wave:

Hello all,

I am thinking of taking the day off work to head down and lurk outside DVS before the show, but it seems like they aren't doing a lot of meet and greets this time? I've tried to meet them several times before but I've never had any luck, got within about 3 feet of Bono but people were crowding so I never got to meet him. Do you reckon it's worth doing, or should I just go to work and then come down for the show (I have seated tickets 'cause I can't stand for very long or my back goes funny nowadays. I'm getting old.) :doh:

Should be a good show though - I looked on Sunday to see if the stage was up yet but I didn't see anything.

I haven't heard of them doing any meet n greets at the stadiums on this tour so far. But they have done a few at their hotel, if you can find out where that is - somewhere between Sheffield and Cardiff. Or Nice!

any locals got any tips for parking and avoiding the £10 "official" car parks.
can you leave the car at meadowhall and walk - its about a mile isn't it?

If you can get there early enough, it's closer to 'Valley Centretainment' which is the standard cinema/restaurants/bowling alley complex - I don't drive so I can't say for certain but I think parking may be free there. It will fill up fast though as presumably some people will be going to the cinema as well.

Another option would be to go to Meadowhall or Nunnery Square and then take the supertram - it will stop right across from the stadium/arena so will be a much shorter (and safer) walk, since some of the areas out between Meadowhall and Sheffield itself aren't the most salubrious, lots of old warehouses and that sort of thing. Dayrider on the supertram is about £3, though if you're only going a few stops it's probably cheaper to get 2 singles.

I've decided to park at Meadowhall and get the tram to the stadium.

As I've been lumbered with the missus for this one and because she doesn't like being squished (she's only petite) she won't stand at the front so I think I'm going to plump for a place near the soundesk so i won't need to arrive until about 3 or 4'ish.

Here's hoping for a good'un !!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:I have just received my tickets,will there be different GA entrances mine are GA3?,also is there any fast food restaurants within walking distance nearby?

Finally

My GA tix turned up this morning, so now have all tickets for the shows and can relax. Wembley was amazing last night. Just heading off for Wembley 2 now.

Cheers
Warby

:happydance::happydance::happydance:I have just received my tickets,will there be different GA entrances mine are GA3?,also is there any fast food restaurants within walking distance nearby?

Yep, the cinema complex next door has a burger king, and a little further on by the Toys R' Us, etc. is a McDonalds and a Pizza Hut.

There are proper restaurants too though if you want real food!

Anyone driving back to Liverpool after this show who has an extra space? Will chip in towards petrol etc. PM if anyone can help? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom