August 18 - Hampden Park - Glasgow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prideofzootv

War Child
ok, im going to try and get tickets for glasgow as for once they arent doing manchester!

but failing that, since tickets go on sale "soon" according to their website, whoever can get them quickest...i need 2! lol

so who else is going to Glasgow?

Wow....no love for Glasgow....apart from U2 themselves thankfully :D

Yeah i'll be there, being a local lad and all. I was there in 2005 and it was the best night of my life.

ok, im going to try and get tickets for glasgow as for once they arent doing manchester!

but failing that, since tickets go on sale "soon" according to their website, whoever can get them quickest...i need 2! lol

so who else is going to Glasgow?

I'd avoid Hampden if you could. It's a terrible venue for sitting and has terrible acoustics. I'm from glasgow and while I'll pick up a ticket I'm heading to Berlin using the presale.

Yep, Hampden is really bad for concerts and there's no way I would travel up from down south to go there.

Although the Scottish crowd with lot's of Irish & Celtic fans make it a good atmosphere

Yep, Hampden is really bad for concerts and there's no way I would travel up from down south to go there.

Although the Scottish crowd with lot's of Irish & Celtic fans make it a good atmosphere

Interesting, I might reconsider making this trip then...

Glasgow on sale details

Been announed that the Glasgow show will go on sale on Friday 20th March by Scottish Radio station Clyde 1.

Tickets on sale at 9am on Fri from live nation website.

I assume the presale will be tommorrow and the rest of the UK dates will be the same.

Let the madness begin..............

i had no choice, I wanted to go to wembley but for a number of reasons I cant make, being in a band myself the only date I could make was Hamden, suppose its only just over an hour away from where I am, and as long as U2 are there Ill be happy.

Im going to Hampden!!!

Was there on Sunday to see the mighty Celtic win the cup!!!:applaud:

Can someone explain the seating situation to me? On the ticketmaster site almost ALL of the seats are lower tier bar a few to the south.

Are they all £60???

Yip, straight in at 9.01am, no bother! GA's for me. :hyper:

You are so lucky. I was up early and tried on the phone and online and couldn't get any GA's! I am gutted. I have had a look on ebay, but they are robbing bastards. How many GA's did you get? have you any spares? I am desprate.

You are so lucky. I was up early and tried on the phone and online and couldn't get any GA's! I am gutted. I have had a look on ebay, but they are robbing bastards. How many GA's did you get? have you any spares? I am desprate.

I got 4 GA's. No spares though....sorry!:sad: What website did you try to buy from?

I got 4 GA's. No spares though....sorry!:sad: What website did you try to buy from?

I went through livenation.co.uk. It just said not available for standing, but there were still seats left. It would have been my first time seeing them and just wanted to be right up there you know?

Need advice about Glasgow show!

Ok all ... I need some ADVICE!!

I'm gonna go to the Glasgow show -- thought I had secured a GA this morning, but after inputing my payment info, I got an error message! (Then after going back, the GA's were gone!!)

Now, I'm going to see them 3 other times ... (hopefully GA at those other shows) ...

SO - for the Glasgow show, should I buy an 85-pound seat behind the stage? .. Or wait to try and find a GA??

I started a thread earlier this week asking for advice on whether to go to Dublin or Glasgow. . . . quite a few people said Dublin for the obvious reason of it being their hometown but there were replies saying Glasgow was a better venue accoustically and as it is few weeks later should be better for lighting effects etc. . .

Luckily I got tickets to both!!! Woo Hoo!!! :D So i will be able to compare them myself!

I would have thought that the U2 & Celtic link would have been pretty obvious. I've been going to U2 concerts since 1983 and I've yet to see a Rangers top.... BTW, I am a Hearts fan....

Why wear any football top to a U2 concert?:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom